It's amazing how John Chen made the Passport better selling than expected in the States. That is something, just saying...
    No doubt it's selling better than he expected. And no doubt that the numbers on the 19th will be much better than imagined and that the company IS turning around.

But that doesn't negate the strategy to lift Android APKs for popular apps and that using the Amazon AppStore reinforces Chen's strategy of moving away from the consumer hurts native development.

I had asked often whether there was one single Android developer who has gone on record as saying that he will provide support for his Android app on a BlackBerry via lifted APKs and I never got one single developer's information. Not a one. So if you buy a Passport and you load it up with lifted APKs and you run into trouble, there is no committed support from an Android developer. And as I stated, I tested the Amazon AppStore solution on my Q10 and not only could I not find the apps I needed, those that were there were buggy, laggy, and some downright unusable.

So sure, it's sold well with hardcore fans who are willing to put up with all the hurdles and who are willing to deal with a lesser experience. That's not me. I buy the phone to work for me, I don't buy the phone to work at getting it to give me a quasi Android experience.

And by the way, the apps that do work do so at the pleasure of Google. Right now BlackBerry is insignificant to them and all these shenanigans with lifted APKs are not worth their time. Can't say that this will continue to be the case. Money talks. It is very possible that at some point these developers will no longer put up with the lifting of these APKs.

I'm not a die hard BlackBerry fanboi nor a BlackBerry cultist. That's a risk that's not acceptable. What IS acceptable to me is a platform that will support my purchases and my use. THAT I've got with Apple. I pay for it, I get it. Seems fair.
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-06-2014 08:25 AM
    I agree, just the act of getting APKs on BB10 feels awkward to me. I would rather have Blackberry having its own app store and running from there, with some honestly decent apps, like Apple did at the beginning with the first iPhone.

That would have stayed truer to Blackberry as a company, in my opinion. A tech company should never lose its identity...
    12-06-2014 09:30 AM
    One thing this thread has taught me is not actually related to the topic. It has taught me never to use my real picture as an avatar. Its rather sad to see someone who looks older than I arguing like a teenager playing a video game.
    12-06-2014 10:13 AM
    One thing this thread has taught me is not actually related to the topic. It has taught me never to use my real picture as an avatar. Its rather sad to see someone who looks older than I arguing like a teenager playing a video game.
    Hmmm, wonder who he’s talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

Suppose for a moment that all of us are using pictures of "not us" as our avatars. It could happen. Maybe it already has.
    zerog46 likes this.
    12-06-2014 10:38 AM
    Time to use some actual global numbers.
    http://us.kantar.com/media/858297/ka..._03_12_14.docx

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-tr...-sales-report/
    Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-09-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    12-06-2014 11:48 AM
    Hmmm, wonder who hes talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

Suppose for a moment that all of us are using pictures of "not us" as our avatars. It could happen. Maybe it already has.
    How do you know that's not a picture of me in my avatar?
    12-06-2014 11:59 AM
    Hmmm, wonder who hes talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

I agree. You might not believe this but my avatar is not me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-06-2014 01:51 PM
    Just a hunch.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-06-2014 02:33 PM
    I agree. You might not believe this but my avatar is not me...

No way! You've got to be kidding me. Of course it's hard to make things out on my 1.5" blackberry classic screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    joemd60 and qbnkelt like this.
    12-06-2014 02:56 PM
    The chick in the avatar is not me. This is the real me.
    Attachment 73008

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-07-2014 02:57 AM
    It isn't ?

12-08-2014 05:38 AM
    Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.-spy_vs_spy_2_by_segacarnival2.jpg

We will never know.
    qbnkelt and Speedygi like this.
    12-08-2014 05:58 AM
    You mean the same way iOS is right now ?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    No that's not what I mean at all... I mean they were acting like they were good when they weren't. Apple on the other hand is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-08-2014 08:09 PM
    It isn't ?

12-09-2014 06:28 AM
189 ... 678