I totally enjoy my Note 4. And my Lumia. But I still prefer the sleek, smooth, fluidity and the ecosystem of iOS.

I remember back on all the aggravation I dealt with during the last couple of years of BlackBerry and wonder why in God's green earth I ever dealt with all the bricking, rebooting, battery drops, lack of ENJOYMENT of being able to pick up a phone and miracle of miracles, have it WORK. AND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Jesusmaryandjoseph THE PEOPLE with the condescending, insulting, attacking arrogance of "tools not toys" and "better Android than Android" and "amateur hour is over" and the best one....the WAKE UP fiasco.....when all the time the phones have been nothing but a hot mess of bull doo-doo....
    Well said. I think what killed blackberry for many people was their holier than thou attitude while there were clearly more productive and better phones on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-03-2014 10:58 PM
    I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
    Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
    5s - on bed, not charging.
    iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
    Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
    HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.
    I have and always will be never be brand loyal lol. I base my opinion of every item by item not by brand. I own a windows PC laptop because I prefer them over macs for various reasons , iPad Air 2 , and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 . I think the only loyalty I have is to Xbox lol but even then I own a ps4 and Xbox one lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    calebt likes this.
    12-04-2014 12:25 AM
    I'm LMAO at, "bull doo-doo...."

I totally enjoy my Note 4. And my Lumia. But I still prefer the sleek, smooth, fluidity and the ecosystem of iOS.

I remember back on all the aggravation I dealt with during the last couple of years of BlackBerry and wonder why in God's green earth I ever dealt with all the bricking, rebooting, battery drops, lack of ENJOYMENT of being able to pick up a phone and miracle of miracles, have it WORK. AND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Jesusmaryandjoseph THE PEOPLE with the condescending, insulting, attacking arrogance of "tools not toys" and "better Android than Android" and "amateur hour is over" and the best one....the WAKE UP fiasco.....when all the time the phones have been nothing but a hot mess of bull doo-doo....
    12-04-2014 07:38 AM
    I have and always will be never be brand loyal lol. I base my opinion of every item by item not by brand. I own a windows PC laptop because I prefer them over macs for various reasons , iPad Air 2 , and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 . I think the only loyalty I have is to Xbox lol but even then I own a ps4 and Xbox one lol

You know that's a very good attitude to take on things. I also am that way. I prefer Apple myself because they work for me, but I'd be an ***** to say the note 4 or other androids don't compete hand in hand with Apple. And if Apple failed to please my needs in the future I wouldn't buy one and would be looking towards something else

Closingracer likes this.
    12-04-2014 11:09 AM
    My issue with BlackBerry is that they've decided to lean on Android by way of apps. The whole security of of BlackBerry is surely compromised by this method of install. Yet they've decided to go the easy route.

I like BlackBerry, I find some of the devices very nice. BB10 is quite pretty to look at and I loved my Z10. I've actually got a second Z30 being shipped to me from a CB member as we speak too.

I'm just sad that they can't entice their own developers enough that they can keep apps native.
    the thing is you don't have to load android apps plus it's not the same as just having and android phone its like having a Norton Antivirus and using a pop up blocker and surfing the Internet. Also keep in mind that app of apples app developers are not all apple Inc directly lots are 3rd party and are often then same who makes android apps and windows etc, so yea obviously they are diehard ones that only do iOS which bb does have also, plus with 10.3 you can fully control what access you give to your apps, and as I said prior you don't have to download android apps it's an function same way you don't have to use Icloud services with its impeccable hack ratings just makes things easier. Yes I know you had a Z10 if memory serves it screen broke. I'm glad your getting a z30 when 10.3 drops you would see the diffrence but yea just saying didn't expect you to be a basher of something you love was a bit disappointing.thats like me confessing my love for you but bash you behind your back. But yah iOS 8 have its list of issues also so yea
    Anyhow hope all is well down south

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    12-04-2014 04:12 PM
    Well said. I think what killed blackberry for many people was their holier than thou attitude while there were clearly more productive and better phones on the market

You mean the same way iOS is right now ?

Smply_Rcklss and A895 like this.
    12-04-2014 04:14 PM

I agree with you on this completely, the only thing I absolutely love on the mac book pro is the light on the back of the screen apart from that always prefer windows and as for gaming system I'm a loyalist to Nintendo I have all of them well expect for wii U and my 360 that I have never turned on since I got it more than twice.

12-04-2014 04:25 PM
    the thing is you don't have to load android apps plus it's not the same as just having and android phone its like having a Norton Antivirus and using a pop up blocker and surfing the Internet. Also keep in mind that app of apples app developers are not all apple Inc directly lots are 3rd party and are often then same who makes android apps and windows etc, so yea obviously they are diehard ones that only do iOS which bb does have also, plus with 10.3 you can fully control what access you give to your apps, and as I said prior you don't have to download android apps it's an function same way you don't have to use Icloud services with its impeccable hack ratings just makes things easier. Yes I know you had a Z10 if memory serves it screen broke. I'm glad your getting a z30 when 10.3 drops you would see the diffrence but yea just saying didn't expect you to be a basher of something you love was a bit disappointing.thats like me confessing my love for you but bash you behind your back. But yah iOS 8 have its list of issues also so yea
    Anyhow hope all is well down south

Wow. Feel free to use periods between thoughts. It wouldn't hurt to throw in some white space every now and then, as well.

The main difference between BB using their hack/kludge to get android apps on their devices vs having native apps is huge.

For example, you can put a Chevy engine in a Ford with the proper adapters, but its not going to be easy, and maybe not a worthwhile endeavor. And there will be trade-offs and compromises.

Yes, the vast majority of apps in the AppStore are developed by third party developers (as opposed to being developed by Apple employees). But the apps that they develop and put in the AppStore are developed specifically for iOS. Some of these developers also have versions for other platforms, but you have to examine the whole picture of an app designed specifically for a platform that works in orchestra with that platform, verses cobbling together a process to force-fit the app into the platform.

And even with apps developed specifically for a platform, a large part of the overall experience is the stability and feature set of the platform itself. All platforms have issues of one type or another in the view of some. But I will just leave it at that.
    taz323 and mikeo007 like this.
    12-04-2014 04:31 PM
    As a consumer, a platform that gives its customers the finger by telling them to go to another platform to get their unoptimised apps without developer support is trash. BlackBerry didn't care about the consumer experience when they should have. Now they're in the "Other" category in world stats because consumers have given THEM the finger. And enterprise? Little by little each is leaving.

And the Passport is selling well? Really? How many have been produced? Sure you can create the appearance of sell outs when you manufacture limited quantities and they sell out because the leftover diehards scoop them up, sheepishly and blindly gobbling up a device with no native app market no ecosystem and less than mediocre customer support.

Yah....not the top of the heap like they used to be.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke 200, 000+native that's a proved by bb along with the millions android has best of both worlds, there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?
    As for being a quasimotto I don't see nothing that resembles quasimotto than the hideous golden iPhone 6+ you have the wrong Disney character in mind if anything a passport is more of a Darth Vader of a phone. I'll keep my dart Vader of a phone and you keep your hideous boomerang but when it comes back and wack you in the head then you know why.

Last edited by Originalloverman; 12-04-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    12-04-2014 04:57 PM
    Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?
    As for being a quasimotto I don't see nothing that resembles quasimotto than the hideous golden iPhone 6+ you have the wrong Disney character in mind if anything a passport is more of a Darth Vader of a phone. I'll keep my dart Vader of a phone and you keep your hideous boomerang but when it comes back and wack you in the head then you know why.

Someone care to translate this stream of consciousness diatribe????

12-04-2014 04:59 PM

And as for the numbers 20,000 in 6 hrs sold so yea wow that so low 😑

12-04-2014 05:40 PM
    Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?

Quasimotto ? Is that the new Motorola phone? Or did you mean Quasimodo?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt and joemd60 like this.
    12-04-2014 05:47 PM

This is a prime example of the Troll everyone has been asking about. They come to other forums to push their platform and then badmouth everyone on this forum for not following them.
    12-04-2014 05:59 PM
    And as for the numbers 20,000 in 6 hrs sold so yea wow that so low

LOL!!!!! You're so busy being so ANGRY that you've just made the point that 20,000 in six hours is somehow NOT a low number

Oh dear me......the BlackBerry cultists who come in here are so good for a laugh.....

DarkKnight08, mikeo007 and joemd60 like this.
    12-04-2014 05:59 PM
    This is a prime example of the Troll everyone has been asking about. They come to other forums to push their platform and then badmouth everyone on this forum for not following them.
    Bingo.

But as least their raging ramblings are good for a few laughs

zerog46 likes this.
    12-04-2014 06:01 PM

Not sure anything in the previous message qualifies as a "stream of consciousness".
    12-04-2014 06:13 PM
    Wow. Feel free to use periods between thoughts. It wouldn't hurt to throw in some white space every now and then, as well.

The main difference between BB using their hack/kludge to get android apps on their devices vs having native apps is huge.

For example, you can put a Chevy engine in a Ford with the proper adapters, but its not going to be easy, and maybe not a worthwhile endeavor. And there will be trade-offs and compromises.

Yes, the vast majority of apps in the AppStore are developed by third party developers (as opposed to being developed by Apple employees). But the apps that they develop and put in the AppStore are developed specifically for iOS. Some of these developers also have versions for other platforms, but you have to examine the whole picture of an app designed specifically for a platform that works in orchestra with that platform, verses cobbling together a process to force-fit the app into the platform.

And even with apps developed specifically for a platform, a large part of the overall experience is the stability and feature set of the platform itself. All platforms have issues of one type or another in the view of some. But I will just leave it at that.
    Yes and you just prove my point. There's a plethora of native apps(200,000) that runs flawlessly and is specifically designed for bb but what you and most I'll informed are forgetting it's not a "hack" as you call it.

The app store comes pre installed with the phone and works flawless on a blackberry that comes with 240,000 andriod apps that runs on bb so yea omg we have no apps omg😐 how would us bb owners survive. You do the maths and tell me.

Most people That give these falsified information are ones using leak os on devices that wasn't design to use such os as yet then whine and complain in the end. That's like using a silver back iphone1 then hack it and download ios8. On it then complain iPhone don't work this don't work that don't work.

And as well the #1 selling point and most important aspect is security for BlackBerry which is second to none.

12-04-2014 06:16 PM
    I'm so lost. Why are we having this all out war over the fact that BlackBerry actually gave up on their OWN ecosystem?

Android apps are ANDROID apps. Yes, that means they've basically outsourced.

I've got a Z30 so don't go screaming I'm an ignorant Applelitist.
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-04-2014 06:19 PM
    Yes and you just prove my point. There's a plethora of native apps(200,000) that runs flawlessly and is specifically designed for bb but what you and most I'll informed are forgetting it's not a "hack" as you call it.

The app store comes pre installed with the phone and works flawless on a blackberry that comes with 240,000 andriod apps that runs on bb so yea omg we have no apps omg how would us bb owners survive. You do the maths and tell me.

Most people That give these falsified information are ones using leak os on devices that wasn't design to use such os as yet then whine and complain in the end. That's like using a silver back iphone1 then hack it and download ios8. On it then complain iPhone don't work this don't work that don't work.

And as well the #1 selling point and most important aspect is security for BlackBerry which is second to none.

Ok, you get 1 point for using periods and white space.

But you lose 1 point for bad facts.

You lose another point for (missing) logic.

And for the record, 200,000 "native apps" hardly qualifies as a "plethora" when compared to the contents of both the Apple AppStore and Google Play.

I’m done here. Happy trolling.
    12-04-2014 06:27 PM
    LOL!!!!! You're so busy being so ANGRY that you've just made the point that 20,000 in six hours is somehow NOT a low number

Oh dear me......the BlackBerry cultists who come in here are so good for a laugh.....

Bb cultists right OK I could live with that. If you think that's small then OK as I said to each there own lol
    The only thing that angers me is stupidity of some people and the nativity of some that are so obviously suffering from diarrhea of the mouth by being so loud mounted about things they know so little about. As for being a "troll" look in the mirror, people that lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones just saying

12-04-2014 06:29 PM
    Bb cultists right OK I could live with that. If you think that's small then OK as I said to each there own lol
    The only thing that angers me is stupidity of some people and the nativity of some that are so obviously suffering from diarrhea of the mouth by being so loud mounted about things they know so little about. As for being a "troll" look in the mirror, people that lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones just saying

WTH is "the nativity of some..."?

Also, I have no clue what "being so loud mounted..." means.

Clearly you are struggling to express yourself. And the fact that you are on an Apple-centric forum continuing to extol the fabricated virtue and benefit of a dying mobile platform in the face of factual evidence to the contrary, and to do so in an unrelenting fashion does, in fact, earn you the venerable title of "Trollus Emeritus".

Attachment 72867
    Last edited by HankAZ; 12-04-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    qbnkelt and co_mtn_grl like this.
    12-04-2014 06:51 PM
    Oh troll right as you put it you tell me how much apple product do you have tell me ?
    Well I can state mines I have a mac book pro, 3 I phones including an original silver back iPhone from AT&T that still works, 2 ipods,a ipod touch 6 baby blue 32 gigs, and 2 Nanos along with 10 blackberry phones and others, so yes how dare me to come to your forum to bash apple and promote mines oh yea 😐 last time I check I think I have more right in being here that you .so again I can speak because I use them both so I can really compare and speak my opinion like anyone else so again before you run your mouth about something you know not and call people names get your facts straight 1st! That would be ideal

12-04-2014 06:57 PM
    last time I check I think I have more right in being here that you
    Not sure that’s true. We are all guests here. I think we can all stay, as long as we behave ourselves and act properly. Of course, if we don’t we may be asked to leave.
    12-04-2014 07:07 PM
    I'm so lost. Why are we having this all out war over the fact that BlackBerry actually gave up on their OWN ecosystem?

Android apps are ANDROID apps. Yes, that means they've basically outsourced.

I've got a Z30 so don't go screaming I'm an ignorant Applelitist.
    If you where to look up one post you would see I post that bb has 200,000 native apps so tell me how is blackberry giving up on their native apps ?
    And as for the andriod apps they run no different on it also and is no diffrent than apple having 3rd party apps in App store.

And again I know you have a z30 so do I, and I know u had a Z10 I have 2, had 4 and I never yelled at you or plan to I actually like you. I just simply as your opinion for your statement bashing bb, was not angry just calmly and simply asked you what's the reason. Nor was any I'll words directed at you in anyway shape or form apart from what was directed at you directly in quotation.

12-04-2014 07:12 PM
    WTH is "the nativity of some..."?

Also, I have no clue what "being so loud mounted..." means.

Clearly you are struggling to express yourself. And the fact that you are on an Apple-centric forum continuing to extol the fabricated virtue and benefit of a dying mobile platform in the face of factual evidence to the contrary, and to do so in an unrelenting fashion does, in fact, earn you the venerable title of "Trollus Emeritus".

Attachment 72867
    Sorry I meant naivety* if this was my blackberry I could have typed better, it's called a typographical error especially with these touch screens and all, but clearly someone of your astounded eloquence don't know the meaning of that word. I didn't know I was in grade school again 😐

lol I'm struggling with my words OK again your ignorance befalls you dear Sr because clearly you impotent in the fact that I have multiple apple products which give me the right to be here just like anyone else as stated before very accurately. But allas ignorance is bliss. It's called Google do you know how to use it?

And again dying company OK LOL YEA OK that's why bb just bought the leading security company that's from the most financially stable European country right ? When you are doing your research please broaden your orizons and don't base your wealth of knowledge on one country and the opinions of a few because the world is a huge place. Would be much appreciated.
    And as for not behaving onse selves and acting "appropriately" who started this name calling anecdote?

12-04-2014 07:36 PM
189 ... 45678