They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.
    The wall hugger thing was actually Samsung, not BlackBerry.
    12-01-2014 04:55 PM
    Chen is the person who used the term before Samsung used it in the ad.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    12-01-2014 05:36 PM
    Do you honestly think that this mindset is iMore site specific? I guarantee you that if you were to say the same thing on AC or Crackberry, the SAME EXACT THING would happen. C'mon.
    Very true, when I was on Android. I called the OS fragmented. It ruffled a few feathers to say the least.
    12-01-2014 05:53 PM
    Very true, when I was on Android. I called the OS fragmented. It ruffled a few feathers to say the least.
    I guess if you give reasons to back up why you called Android fragmented, it wouldn't ruffle the feathers too much...
    A895 likes this.
    12-01-2014 06:37 PM
    I guess if you give reasons to back up why you called Android fragmented, it wouldn't ruffle the feathers too much...
    The OS is not the same on all the devices, that's fragmentation.
    Last edited by joemd60; 12-01-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    12-01-2014 06:52 PM
    Even you know that's not true.
    12-01-2014 06:54 PM
    Even you know that's not true.
    Well, at least if someone gave reasons on why Android being fragmented is bad for mobile instead of just saying it is, people will at least accept them instead of rejecting them outright. At least that's the idea.
    A895 likes this.
    12-01-2014 06:56 PM
    Well, at least if someone gave reasons on why Android being fragmented is bad for mobile instead of just saying it is, people will at least accept them instead of rejecting them outright. At least that's the idea.
    In some respects I did.
    Last edited by joemd60; 12-01-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    12-01-2014 07:00 PM
    In some respects I did. It's like calling IOS the walled garden. Do you need a reason to call it that when you know it's a fact?
    People are less likely to reject a notion if it's being explained in a more articulated manner than simply saying something is something. I'm not saying there will be a lack of grief but it's always good to give some thought and more description to what you say in discussions, because it is simply a good practice.
    A895 likes this.
    12-01-2014 07:04 PM
    The OS is not the same on all the devices, that's fragmentation.
    That's differentiation. Android is supposed to be different on different devices. Choice, freedom and wide range of manufacturers and all that. The fact of Android being different on different manufacturers devices is a plus. It let's people figure out what they want, and manufacturers get to stand out from other manufacturers.

This is why WP getting more manufacturers won't help them in the least. Manufacturers like to put their own spin on things to make people pick up their device, for Android you can do that, you can't for WP.
    joemd60 and cbobb123 like this.
    12-02-2014 09:47 AM
    This is interesting news. Off topic to this thread. But some of the behaviour I've seen some trolls engage in would be covered.

Guess trolls will have to get off their nasty Twitter activities. Sadly they're likely to concentrate on tech forums even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...assment-tools/

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-02-2014 03:24 PM
    I remember over 2 years ago suggesting here that Apple should be making an iPhone with a larger screen. I was assured that Apple customers did not want a phone with a larger screen and that the iPhone was already the perfect size.
    I also remember reading about that time that NFC was a dead technology and that you would never see it on an iPhone.
    Go ahead and call me a troll, except that I'm a troll with an iPhone 5c, an iPad Air and a Macbook Pro. I especially love the Mac, but I wasn't loving it as much when it kept disconnecting from wifi after the Yosemite upgrade.
    A895 and Algus like this.
    12-02-2014 04:02 PM
    I remember over 2 years ago suggesting here that Apple should be making an iPhone with a larger screen. I was assured that Apple customers did not want a phone with a larger screen and that the iPhone was already the perfect size.
    I also remember reading about that time that NFC was a dead technology and that you would never see it on an iPhone.
    Go ahead and call me a troll, except that I'm a troll with an iPhone 5c, an iPad Air and a Macbook Pro. I especially love the Mac, but I wasn't loving it as much when it kept disconnecting from wifi after the Yosemite upgrade.
    Offering a dissenting opinion isn't a troll. Disagreeing within a discussion isn't a troll. Insulting is a troll. Name calling is a troll. Attacking people for the use of a phone is a troll. Engaging in libelous statements is a troll. Allowing that to happen without action to stop it is a troll. Harassment is a troll.

There are many trolls around. One who disagrees with a point and states that without any of the actions I mentioned isn't one. One who engages in it and/or allows it to happen is a troll.

12-02-2014 04:25 PM
    Offering a dissenting opinion isn't a troll. Disagreeing within a discussion isn't a troll. Insulting is a troll. Name calling is a troll. Attacking people for the use of a phone is a troll. Engaging in libelous statements is a troll. Allowing that to happen without action to stop it is a troll. Harassment is a troll.

There are many trolls around. One who disagrees with a point and states that without any of the actions I mentioned isn't one. One who engages in it and/or allows it to happen is a troll.

Thanks for the education, I for one was never sure what a troll was, now I think I'm okay.
    12-02-2014 04:45 PM
    Actually John Chen started that before Samsung picked it up. I remember several threads on CB where members said BB missed an opportunity to use it in an ad.

Bla1ze even posted about it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...r-ceos-943458/

pantlesspenguin, A895 and Speedygi like this.
    12-02-2014 04:48 PM
    If you peruse these forums you'll find several long time member who ***gasp*** admitted that we were wrong about the phone size and now love our 6+'s. But yes before getting it, I would've swore I didn't want a larger phone.
    But you'll also find other members who begrudgingly upgraded and would prefer the size of the 6 or even the 5S if it had the same internals as its big brother.
    Speedygi and taz323 like this.
    12-02-2014 06:03 PM
    Yup and there ecosystems sucks. I have no idea why they and everyone else thinks android is the answer for the BB. I for one hope they make a come back. The more devices put there the netter they all get with competition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If I never read the stupidity of "BETTER ANDROID THAN ANDROID" again it will be too soon. Right along with tools not toys.

Utter tripe.
    qbnkelt, A895 and mikeo007 like this.
    12-02-2014 07:57 PM
    If I never read the stupidity of "BETTER ANDROID THAN ANDROID" again it will be too soon. Right along with tools not toys.

Utter tripe.

Tripe is exactly what it was. Repeated like a mantra post after post after post. sometimes that was the only thing the zealots would say. like a religious chant.

And they've got the audacity to day we're cultists because we use iPhones. They worship Chen.
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-02-2014 08:56 PM
    Tripe is exactly what it was. Repeated like a mantra post after post after post. sometimes that was the only thing the zealots would say. like a religious chant.

And they've got the audacity to day we're cultists because we use iPhones. They worship Chen.
    Or how WP users worship Microsoft as if they weren't one of several companies working with the NSA. Or how some worship Google.

I just dislike people who praise corporations. They are all companies built to take nothing but our money.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    12-02-2014 09:49 PM
    Or how WP users worship Microsoft as if they weren't one of several companies working with the NSA. Or how some worship Google.

I just dislike people who praise corporations. They are all companies built to take nothing but our money.
    Yup. Their kind of worshipping is insane. You say one thing critical and they attack personally. And then if you defend yourself then you're deemed to be a problem.

It's pathetic.

12-03-2014 12:57 AM
    I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
    Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
    5s - on bed, not charging.
    iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
    Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
    HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.
    Speedygi, pkcable, joemd60 and 2 others like this.
    12-03-2014 07:05 AM
    I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
    Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
    5s - on bed, not charging.
    iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
    Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
    HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.
    With me at the moment, active:

Phone 6
    Note 4
    iPad 3 Retina
    Lumia 1520

Work issued Samsung 5

In the drawer and would have been active except for BlackBerry abandoning me as the consumer - Q10.

This drives the trolls at CB and BlackBerry troll sites apes**t. It's hilarious to visualise their veins popping out of their heads.

reeneebob likes this.
    12-03-2014 07:25 AM
    I like Android for its functionality, and I think the software's already got to a point where it's stable.

The thing is that I could use an iOS device just as satisfying enough for my needs to match how I use my Android phones. It's really a moot point to bash iOS or Android, especially when we are the lucky folks to have the most apps out there. We really nit pick too much sometimes. Windows Phones and Blackberries have it so tough, I can't even say how lucky we are...
    calebt and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    12-03-2014 08:21 AM
    I like Android for its functionality, and I think the software's already got to a point where it's stable.

The thing is that I could use an iOS device just as satisfying enough for my needs to match how I use my Android phones. It's really a moot point to bash iOS or Android, especially when we are the lucky folks to have the most apps out there. We really nit pick too much sometimes. Windows Phones and Blackberries have it so tough, I can't even say how lucky we are...
    I totally enjoy my Note 4. And my Lumia. But I still prefer the sleek, smooth, fluidity and the ecosystem of iOS.

I remember back on all the aggravation I dealt with during the last couple of years of BlackBerry and wonder why in God's green earth I ever dealt with all the bricking, rebooting, battery drops, lack of ENJOYMENT of being able to pick up a phone and miracle of miracles, have it WORK. AND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Jesusmaryandjoseph THE PEOPLE with the condescending, insulting, attacking arrogance of "tools not toys" and "better Android than Android" and "amateur hour is over" and the best one....the WAKE UP fiasco.....when all the time the phones have been nothing but a hot mess of bull doo-doo....
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-03-2014 09:08 AM
    With me at the moment, active:

Phone 6
    Note 4
    iPad 3 Retina
    Lumia 1520

Work issued Samsung 5

In the drawer and would have been active except for BlackBerry abandoning me as the consumer - Q10.

This drives the trolls at CB and BlackBerry troll sites apes**t. It's hilarious to visualise their veins popping out of their heads.

Lol I know. At the moment I've got my iPhone 6+, iPad Air 4G, Nexus 5, Palm pixi plus and work issued LG Optimus G, and until recently there was a Q5 and I almost got a Z30. I have my Curve 8330 and Pearl 8130 in a drawer, and they still work.

But I'm a BB hating troll. No. I just don't mince words when they mess up.
    12-03-2014 10:21 PM
189 ... 34567 ...