Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure I haven't been in the android game for so long. Yes the finger print scanner is awesome. Whenever I touch anybody's device it takes me a second to remember I can't use my fingerprint to open it.

The nexus 9 is a good tablet and is between the iPad mini and iPad Air sizes . The Samsung Galaxy tab S series are very good as well. The Samsung tablets have a fingerprint scanner as well and while isn't as good as the iPhone 6 or iPad ones it is fairly good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

All the devices I've kept the longest, they already had unlocked boatloaders. Hardest one I ever had to mod was the Evo 3D. It was a challenge though, I enjoyed that.

That's not for everyone, I know.

I'm not going to bother since Verizon locks theirs and not desperate enough to flash custom roms because if I was I would rather just get a nexus 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I've got no problem at all someone mentioning other products. I do have a problem with people who shove their choices down my throat as the Second Coming. Or those who use insults to describe my choices.
I use three platforms. One is my preferred (iOS) and the other two I enjoy immensely. So I don't accept the "you use iPhone and don't know anything about other phones" argument. Or the iSheep insult. Or the "tools not toys" nonsense.
I love tech. iOS best. But I enjoy most others.
Oh I also don't tolerate obvious trolls.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I've got no problem at all someone mentioning other products. I do have a problem with people who shove their choices down my throat as the Second Coming. Or those who use insults to describe my choices.
I use three platforms. One is my preferred (iOS) and the other two I enjoy immensely. So I don't accept the "you use iPhone and don't know anything about other phones" argument. Or the iSheep insult. Or the "tools not toys" nonsense.
I love tech. iOS best. But I enjoy most others.
Oh I also don't tolerate obvious trolls.

I just think that iOS is the best platform on the market today. Even though I've used Android and Blackberry in the past, I think they suck and if you're not using iOS and trying to shove those things down my throat then I'm going to tell you exactly why those platforms are trash (especially Blackberry).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh well you know how I feel about the Quasimodo.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you honestly think that this mindset is iMore site specific? I guarantee you that if you were to say the same thing on AC or Crackberry, the SAME EXACT THING would happen. C'mon.

I agree but some will actually admit their failures as well and shortcomings well I can speak for CrackBerry at least

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I just think that iOS is the best platform on the market today. Even though I've used Android and Blackberry in the past, I think they suck and if you're not using iOS and trying to shove those things down my throat then I'm going to tell you exactly why those platforms are trash (especially Blackberry).

We are all entitled to our own opinions please do tell me how especially Blackberry is is trash please in lighten me

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

We are all entitled to our own opinions please do tell me how especially Blackberry is is trash please in lighten me

My issue with BlackBerry is that they've decided to lean on Android by way of apps. The whole security of of BlackBerry is surely compromised by this method of install. Yet they've decided to go the easy route.

I like BlackBerry, I find some of the devices very nice. BB10 is quite pretty to look at and I loved my Z10. I've actually got a second Z30 being shipped to me from a CB member as we speak too.

I'm just sad that they can't entice their own developers enough that they can keep apps native.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Fact: I wouldn't own an iPhone if BlackBerry developers made all the same apps available for iOS and Android. There are so many new gadgets being made now (home entertainment systems, alarm and garage systems) and apps to go with them. But using a BlackBerry one doesn't have the option to use said system with the apps. And no, using an Android Snap version isn't the answer. Half of them crash!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

As a consumer, a platform that gives its customers the finger by telling them to go to another platform to get their unoptimised apps without developer support is trash. BlackBerry didn't care about the consumer experience when they should have. Now they're in the "Other" category in world stats because consumers have given THEM the finger. And enterprise? Little by little each is leaving.

And the Passport is selling well? Really? How many have been produced? Sure you can create the appearance of sell outs when you manufacture limited quantities and they sell out because the leftover diehards scoop them up, sheepishly and blindly gobbling up a device with no native app market no ecosystem and less than mediocre customer support.

Yah....not the top of the heap like they used to be.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.

It is funny what they have become. VZW in my area won't even stock them.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

It is funny what they have become. VZW in my area won't even stock them.

And t-mobile outright doesn't stock them

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And now they've got an offer that they will give cash for people to switch from the iPhone to the Passport.
This should be quite amusing. I can't imagine trading in my iPhone for the Quasimodo.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
And now they've got an offer that they will give cash for people to switch from the iPhone to the Passport.
This should be quite amusing. I can't imagine trading in my iPhone for the Quasimodo.

If it were a Z50 with amazing specs, maybe. Passport? Nope. I really don't like the style of that device at all.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If it were a Z50 with amazing specs, maybe. Passport? Nope. I really don't like the style of that device at all.

Actually I wouldn't do it at all.

I still go back to having to run a device with minimal native apps. Or going to Android. And I'm not going Android on a Blackberry with no dev support. Besides, most of them don't work, Amazon hasn't got my banking apps, and the experience is atrocious compared to either Blackberry native or Android where it belongs, on Android.

Nope.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering... Who are the iMore elite? I know that the site gives some that title, but if I'm not mistaken there are higher levels than that... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's funny because BB fanboys and gals will fight to the end. I've used most devices out there. I don't care to the point of fighting over a brand. I use what works for me at the time. I don't own the company I just use the products.

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
While I think the overall BlackBerry experience can be better, I think it goes to show how a single mistake can cascade and create major woe for a company.

Still, outside the Runtime, I'm cautiously hopeful with regards to BBRY's current track, and the PassPort intrigues me.

IMHO, it's all about the ecosystem, and this is where Apple has done one heck of a job creating a linked experience.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup and there ecosystems sucks. I have no idea why they and everyone else thinks android is the answer for the BB. I for one hope they make a come back. The more devices put there the netter they all get with competition.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal