I'm part of that few too. My daily regimen includes the use of a Note 3. When I first saw the iPhone 5c, I'd been one of those crazy anti-Apple folks.

I remember thinking "What am I doing being interested in this blue crapple?". However, I found that I had some sort of an epiphany. So I bought it, loved it, and decided I'd just stop being a fangirl.

Now I just buy what looks good, what works, and what will do what I'd like. It's nice not feeling any animosity towards a brand. It's freeing the feeling of just enjoying all there is out there for me.

When I shop for electronics, I'm always so amazed at just how much I missed when I didn't explore.
    I'm the same way. I'm actually thinking about getting an android tablet. Not sure which or if I even will but still thinking about it none the less.
    11-11-2014 01:11 PM
    I'm the same way. I'm actually thinking about getting an android tablet. Not sure which or if I even will but still thinking about it none the less.
    It's fun when you get to nibble off all platters. Why eat only fillet mignon when there are other flavors worth savoring too?

Any one in particular? I'd liked the Note Pro but my Note 3 seems to be filling in my need for a stylus. The iPad mini fills in the need for a bigger screen. I actually like it smaller as it's easier to tote around in my purse. That and finger print scanner, I'm really being spoiled by that as I love not having to put in my pin!
    Closingracer likes this.
    11-11-2014 01:16 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure I haven't been in the android game for so long. Yes the finger print scanner is awesome. Whenever I touch anybody's device it takes me a second to remember I can't use my fingerprint to open it.
    11-11-2014 01:18 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure I haven't been in the android game for so long. Yes the finger print scanner is awesome. Whenever I touch anybody's device it takes me a second to remember I can't use my fingerprint to open it.
    Funny thing is I used to think it was gimmicky. I considered it pointless. Then I got a Mini 3 and I certainly used it a lot. So then when I got the 5s, it just became an expected routine in my day.

As for an Android tablet, I don't think my Mini will be going anywhere for a couple years. Though if the rumors are true about the Note 5 having a 4K screen, I'll be getting one next year.

I also can't wait to see the 6s. Though if they do create a 6c... Well everyone here knows I'd JUMP on it.

LOL T-Mobile joke.
    11-11-2014 01:27 PM
    Funny thing is I used to think it was gimmicky. I considered it pointless. Then I got a Mini 3 and I certainly used it a lot. So then when I got the 5s, it just became an expected routine in my day.

As for an Android tablet, I don't think my Mini will be going anywhere for a couple years. Though if the rumors are true about the Note 5 having a 4K screen, I'll be getting one next year.

I also can't wait to see the 6s. Though if they do create a 6c... Well everyone here knows I'd JUMP on it.

LOL T-Mobile joke.
    Haha I get it. Yeah, we ALL know you love the C version . I'm not sure I could use an android as my daily driver as I like iOS better in general but as a second device I could do it.
    11-11-2014 01:30 PM
    Haha I get it. Yeah, we ALL know you love the C version . I'm not sure I could use an android as my daily driver as I like iOS better in general but as a second device I could do it.
    I like it simply because it pairs up easier with my car, has an SD card, and I'm always flashing ROMs.

I do jailbreak my iDevices too but ROMs are a totally different beast.
    11-11-2014 01:32 PM
    I like it simply because it pairs up easier with my car, has an SD card, and I'm always flashing ROMs.

I used to jailbreak. I'm thinking about doing it again. I never have worked with roms and don't think I would get that deep into it.
    11-11-2014 01:33 PM

The trouble of rooting the device first, before unlocking the Bootloader and then installing a custom recovery just to flash those roms is something I would never get into personally. Just too much time needed to do a simple loading.
    11-11-2014 07:10 PM
    The trouble of rooting the device first, before unlocking the Bootloader and then installing a custom recovery just to flash those roms is something I would never get into personally. Just too much time needed to do a simple loading.
    All the devices I've kept the longest, they already had unlocked boatloaders. Hardest one I ever had to mod was the Evo 3D. It was a challenge though, I enjoyed that.

That's not for everyone, I know.
    cmrobbins42 and Speedygi like this.
    11-11-2014 07:21 PM
    I used to jailbreak. I'm thinking about doing it again. I never have worked with roms and don't think I would get that deep into it.
    Same here, and I find myself over in the jail breaking treads more and more.
    Just a little insecure about it right now because I have so much more sensitive material on my device now than when I was Rooting and Roming. Might pick up a second device to play around with the new jailbreak again.
    E_Brown likes this.
    11-12-2014 05:32 AM
    It is call iMore, so one might get the impression it meant iStuff and more.
    Fair enough, but iMore used to be called TiPB (The iPhone Blog). I'd like to think that a majority of people who frequent "tech sites" are aware that an association with or an affinity for Apple products and services often accompany something beginning with a lowercase "i".
    My mother always told me I had no common sense,
    No one can say things as straightforward as family...
    but thanks for the advice. Not trying to be a smart *** either.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    You're welcome, and no harm done....
    11-12-2014 09:52 AM
    The nexus 9 is a good tablet and is between the iPad mini and iPad Air sizes . The Samsung Galaxy tab S series are very good as well. The Samsung tablets have a fingerprint scanner as well and while isn't as good as the iPhone 6 or iPad ones it is fairly good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 09:58 PM
    All the devices I've kept the longest, they already had unlocked boatloaders. Hardest one I ever had to mod was the Evo 3D. It was a challenge though, I enjoyed that.

That's not for everyone, I know.
    I'm not going to bother since Verizon locks theirs and not desperate enough to flash custom roms because if I was I would rather just get a nexus 6

11-22-2014 10:00 PM
    I've got no problem at all someone mentioning other products. I do have a problem with people who shove their choices down my throat as the Second Coming. Or those who use insults to describe my choices.
    I use three platforms. One is my preferred (iOS) and the other two I enjoy immensely. So I don't accept the "you use iPhone and don't know anything about other phones" argument. Or the iSheep insult. Or the "tools not toys" nonsense.
    I love tech. iOS best. But I enjoy most others.
    Oh I also don't tolerate obvious trolls.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-24-2014 08:28 AM
    I've got no problem at all someone mentioning other products. I do have a problem with people who shove their choices down my throat as the Second Coming. Or those who use insults to describe my choices.
    I use three platforms. One is my preferred (iOS) and the other two I enjoy immensely. So I don't accept the "you use iPhone and don't know anything about other phones" argument. Or the iSheep insult. Or the "tools not toys" nonsense.
    I love tech. iOS best. But I enjoy most others.
    Oh I also don't tolerate obvious trolls.

I just think that iOS is the best platform on the market today. Even though I've used Android and Blackberry in the past, I think they suck and if you're not using iOS and trying to shove those things down my throat then I'm going to tell you exactly why those platforms are trash (especially Blackberry).
    11-24-2014 11:10 AM
    Oh well you know how I feel about the Quasimodo.

11-24-2014 11:35 AM
    Do you honestly think that this mindset is iMore site specific? I guarantee you that if you were to say the same thing on AC or Crackberry, the SAME EXACT THING would happen. C'mon.
    I agree but some will actually admit their failures as well and shortcomings well I can speak for CrackBerry at least

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-28-2014 03:49 AM
    I just think that iOS is the best platform on the market today. Even though I've used Android and Blackberry in the past, I think they suck and if you're not using iOS and trying to shove those things down my throat then I'm going to tell you exactly why those platforms are trash (especially Blackberry).
    We are all entitled to our own opinions please do tell me how especially Blackberry is is trash please in lighten me

A895 likes this.
    11-28-2014 03:59 AM
    We are all entitled to our own opinions please do tell me how especially Blackberry is is trash please in lighten me

My issue with BlackBerry is that they've decided to lean on Android by way of apps. The whole security of of BlackBerry is surely compromised by this method of install. Yet they've decided to go the easy route.

I like BlackBerry, I find some of the devices very nice. BB10 is quite pretty to look at and I loved my Z10. I've actually got a second Z30 being shipped to me from a CB member as we speak too.

I'm just sad that they can't entice their own developers enough that they can keep apps native.
    11-28-2014 06:41 AM
    Fact: I wouldn't own an iPhone if BlackBerry developers made all the same apps available for iOS and Android. There are so many new gadgets being made now (home entertainment systems, alarm and garage systems) and apps to go with them. But using a BlackBerry one doesn't have the option to use said system with the apps. And no, using an Android Snap version isn't the answer. Half of them crash!
    11-28-2014 07:44 AM

As a consumer, a platform that gives its customers the finger by telling them to go to another platform to get their unoptimised apps without developer support is trash. BlackBerry didn't care about the consumer experience when they should have. Now they're in the "Other" category in world stats because consumers have given THEM the finger. And enterprise? Little by little each is leaving.

And the Passport is selling well? Really? How many have been produced? Sure you can create the appearance of sell outs when you manufacture limited quantities and they sell out because the leftover diehards scoop them up, sheepishly and blindly gobbling up a device with no native app market no ecosystem and less than mediocre customer support.

Yah....not the top of the heap like they used to be.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-28-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    11-28-2014 12:29 PM

They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.
    11-28-2014 01:50 PM
    They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.
    It is funny what they have become. VZW in my area won't even stock them.

11-28-2014 07:45 PM
    It is funny what they have become. VZW in my area won't even stock them.

And t-mobile outright doesn't stock them

A895 likes this.
    11-28-2014 07:50 PM
    And now they've got an offer that they will give cash for people to switch from the iPhone to the Passport.
    This should be quite amusing. I can't imagine trading in my iPhone for the Quasimodo.

11-29-2014 01:16 AM
189 12345 ...