Steve Jobs must be turning over in his grave!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh the Yosemite issues or the Mac issues I can't speak because I haven't got a Max yet.
On the button on the side....Lumias and Samaung devices have it on the side and I've managed to survive unscathed.
On superiority....yup. This device works better than anything else I've used.
I'm sorry the OP is having trouble as well as some friends. I haven't had a single issue. Not one. And neither have any of my friends. Oh wait.....yah one has some battery drain and fixed it by tweaking some settings.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like they are acknowledging the wifi issue, because they are fixing it.
First Yosemite update beta rolls out to developers, AppleSeed program members | iMore

As for the power button. The problem is not as much that it is in the side. The problem is that it is directly opposite the volume up button. So when holding the phone in either hand and trying to push the power button, the volume button also gets pushed. Same vice versa.

iEd, Touch ID is not new. "New design" is not new. Saying its new is not something new. For 99% of people a faster cpu is meaningless. Most people don't do that much cup intensive takes that they would ever notice a difference. Camera is better but with the same number of mp.
Apple pay doesn't work with half the cards out there anyway. So basically nothing exciting is really new. No innovation here at all. Again I am not looking to say why a galaxy is better. I have a 6 and I like it. But other than the screen size I am really not experiencing anything new. I was really hoping for Apple pay, but it doesn't support chase MasterCard, business cards, discover cards and most of my cards. So I can't even use that.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Again, you having issues doesn't mean everyone having issues. There is always going to be a fraction of people with issues with something or the other, if that was not the case tech forums would cease to exist.

1. I have no problems with WiFi using OS X Yosemite on my MacBook Pro and iMac
2. Again, no problems with handoff on the MacBook Pro. I have disabled the same on the iMac as I didn't want the feature on the same. Sorry.
3. I have the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus so no issues here.
4. I have got used the power button on the side of the iPhone. Remember there was a learning curve every time you buy a new device.
5. I use multiple screens with the iMac. No issues. Sorry. (Can you provide more details on what is the issue here?)

Now, back to the title - Steve Jobs might have done things differently but you have to understand that with the new regime things will change. Yes, there is always the question "what would Steve do?" and interviews from Tim will throw some more light on this statement but "no one" is Steve Jobs. Doing something differently does not guarantee different results. You still need the "stare" to get the results you need.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I think people report issues, which they legitimately are experiencing. But out of the millions of devices only a very small amount of people experience those issues-which sucks for them. In my experience, it's not long until it is fixed or sorted out. My personal pet peeve is when people use the term "it is a known issue". Unless it actually is a "known issue" it makes my skin crawl.

For the issues, like I said above. It must SUCK for those people, especially if one personal experiences them all. Even when Steve was here, there were complains of the iPhone 4 antenna and 'bugs' glitches. They have always been present, I personally haven't seen an increase or decline of them. I think Apple products suit people who benefit from the features. I'm rambling now! But the reason I don't have an android is nothing about me being biased, or hating android. But because apple does exactly what I need :). That post sure got scrambled. But. YEAH!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like they are acknowledging the wifi issue, because they are fixing it.
First Yosemite update beta rolls out to developers, AppleSeed program members | iMore

As for the power button. The problem is not as much that it is in the side. The problem is that it is directly opposite the volume up button. So when holding the phone in either hand and trying to push the power button, the volume button also gets pushed. Same vice versa.

iEd, Touch ID is not new. "New design" is not new. Saying its new is not something new. For 99% of people a faster cpu is meaningless. Most people don't do that much cup intensive takes that they would ever notice a difference. Camera is better but with the same number of mp.
Apple pay doesn't work with half the cards out there anyway. So basically nothing exciting is really new. No innovation here at all. Again I am not looking to say why a galaxy is better. I have a 6 and I like it. But other than the screen size I am really not experiencing anything new. I was really hoping for Apple pay, but it doesn't support chase MasterCard, business cards, discover cards and most of my cards. So I can't even use that.

I am not trying to minimize any issues that you are having. With that said, I hope they are addressing the reported issue that some are having with dropped wifi. But I can also say that every one of the developer previews of Yosemite (and most, if not all of the Mavericks "beta"s) mentioned "wifi" as an area of focus in the release notes. My point is that the fact that it’s listed as a point of focus is not necessarily telling.

With regards to the camera, it IS better. And the megapixel rating (size) tells us very little about the quality of the camera or the images that it produces. Don’t get hung up on the MP rating to think that the camera somehow doesn't measure up. In my experience, the camera on the iPhone 6 Plus is amazing and is an improvement over the camera in the iPhone 5S.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That's how bugs get fixed report them to Apple.

You said your friend has a 5 and he asked what's the difference. Touch ID is new from 5 to 6 not 5S to 6. He asked about differences between 5 and 6 according to your post.

And improved camera is a improved cam. more mp doesn't mean a improved camera.

Plenty of people are using Apple Pay. Its up to your card companies to jump on board Apple can't force them to.

I'm sitting here right now looking at a Galaxy S5. There is nothing going on with it that is so making wish I had one.

If the 6 isn't exciting to you maybe you should have waited for the 6S.

If I purchase a device and I'm not pleased with it I return it. Why keep something you don't like or doesn't work for you. I just don't get that concept.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Holding the phone in either hand when i press the power button none of my other fingers are near the volume buttons. Don't know how you are trying to hold the phone that you are having that issue.

Mwanahabari

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Android don't buy Samsung. Worst phone I have ever owned. Gave it to girlfriend and she said it was the worst phone she's ever had. Buggy as hell.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I remember a few years ago before he died. He was on stage presenting an Apple product or speaking about something, and he said "it just works", and also mentioned how some competitors just make junk that is never easy to use, bug riddled, etc. At the time he was right.

But now, this is really getting out of control.

1. Yosemite - Wifi constantly disconnects. This started day 1 of Yosemite, Apple does not acknowledge it, and I have read many complaints about it. I using a high end office connection. Not starbucks. Very close to the router.

I get this problem sometimes with my school's connection(generally crappy) but not with my home network.

2. Iphone in the same LAN as MAC. iphone rings, so does MAC. Great new feature, however, I answer the call on the iphone, MAC keeps ringing. Sometimes non-stop until I hit decline, and even after the call ended.
I have a slight delay when it stops ringing but I don't have to full out reject the call.

3. iOS 8 on an iphone 5 (speaking for a friend here), very slow, crashes, etc. iPhone 6 and 6+ speaking from my own experience. Often when you tap something, it just doesn't respond. As if you didn't tap it at all. Screen rotation issues (although that seems to have gotten better with 8.1).

It depends on how your friend updated. I very much recommend doing a clean install with software major releases. Use DFU mode. As for my 6+, it is very responsive and I never have to tap again.

4. Same friend as in #3. He doesn't want to upgrade to a 6/6+ just because of the damn power button that they moved to the side. I can't blame him, it is awful. I can't count how many times I accidentally pressed it when trying to press the volume up button. Also, I have turned up the volume when trying to press the power button. Very annoying.

Using a 6+, I can say that it would suck quite a bit if the power button was on the top. I have one handed use down pat on my 6+ and having the power button on the side is great and quite convenient. Generally speaking using your thumb to turn off your phone and not one of the fingers that are used to stabilize your phone is also best.

5. OSX - Absolutely HORRIBLE handling and usability for multiple monitors/full screen/maximize. Windows has done this right since 3.1.

I'm not sure I agree here. I use Windows 8.1 and it is quite a bit less user friendly than multiple monitors on my OS X system but that is personal preference. I find them, once I get to the correct settings page in Windows 8.1(eurgh), to be the same in window management.

I had dinner with a different friend the other day who still has an iphone 5. He asked to see my 6. Then he asked me what is new with it other than the size/dimensions. My answer was "uuuuuhhhhhh, Apple Pay". He said "what else?". Well my answer was "nothing really, better camera and CPU?".
Really, nothing new. I am really getting frustrated lately with Apple products. I used to buy into the whole Apple fantasy, but I think it died with Jobs. I am not looking to switch to a Galaxy or to Windows, but it is getting really hard to keep saying that Apple's products are superior.
This is down to personal preference. I found the upgrade from my 5 to the 6+ a HUGE upgrade. I'm loving touch id, the better camera, battery life, apple pay and of course the bigger screen. I guess I should ask you what would you like to see happen with the product line? Then find a phone that fits your needs best.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am not experiencing any of the OP's issues - really I’m not.

I love the bigger phone (6 Plus) despite my having been on record as saying that I would never buy it. I did, and I love it. The movement of the sleep/wake button has been a non-event for me. The continuity feature for phone calls and SMS texts between platforms has worked very well for me. I am not experiencing the wifi dropout in Yosemite, though I did in some of the earlier developer preview releases.

I am generally happy with iOS 8.1 and my iPhone 6 Plus. No real issues to report. Yosemite, however, is not making me quite as happy at the moment. I am not having any issues with windowing or anything like that. I use a 3rd party utility called Moom to manage that, so what they do with the stoplights, etc in Yosemite is not necessarily important to me. I am also running a retina MBP (2012) with no external monitor, so that isn't a personal concern, either.

I really only have two issues with Yosemite:

1. Computer keeps renaming itself. I set my computer name up as "rMBP". I now see it renaming itself as "rMBP (2)" and the number randomly increments over time. I reset it and the process repeats. It’s currently "rMBP (3)". I am working with an Apple "Senior Advisor" who has escalated the case to engineering, but so far, no resolution. We’ve deleted share settings, etc, but the problem persists over time. I did go for almost a week without the issue, but now it’s back. BTW, this issue has also caused me to lose over a years' worth of TimeMachine backups, and the renamed computer some how messes up the permissions on the TimeCapsule disk, and all of the files and folders have little red dots ("not" symbols?) on them. Attempts to access them result in an access denied error message.
  2. Bluetooth. My rMBP drops the connection to my bluetooth mouse (Apple MightyMouse) randomly. The only way to restore it’s connection is to reboot my rMBP.

As many of you may know, I’m pretty deeply invested in iOS and OS X, so I am not going anywhere, but these issues NEED to get resolved, and resolved quickly. I am not a very happy camper right now.

I've noticed the renaming too. I just thought it was because I restored from my backup.

Also, more MP doesn't always mean higher picture quality. It'll be nice when Apple rolls out the higher MP rating but it's not on my list of priorities. The pictures continue to improve in quality just using 8MP and is continually keeping up with those other companies that can utilize those increased MP(most can not). Most higher MP cameras look like crap looking at the "post your picture threads" in other forums.

Incremental is down to personal preference. If the changes they do make aren't big for you, don't upgrade.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't know anything about a Mac or the OS in it. I've only ever owned Windows computers.

As for the issues with the iPhone 5, I've got a 5c and I'd started experiencing issues. I ended up getting a 5s last weekend to see if it was my device or iOS 8.1. On most things, I think it's the device and the way it processes applications/data. On certain apps though, it's just compatibility issues (I think) with iOS 8.1.

Overall it's not that bad but it's not as stable as I'd have liked.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't know anything about a Mac or the OS in it. I've only ever owned Windows computers.

As for the issues with the iPhone 5, I've got a 5c and I'd started experiencing issues. I ended up getting a 5s last weekend to see if it was my device or iOS 8.1. On most things, I think it's the device and the way it processes applications/data. On certain apps though, it's just compatibility issues (I think) with iOS 8.1.

Overall it's not that bad but it's not as stable as I'd have liked.

So are you going to keep your 5s?

iPhone 6 sending this your way!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Aside from Apple-related issues, Steve Job might be turning over in his grave wondering why actors have a hard time committing to his role.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, calling handoff and the likes isn't new, but the kinks haven't been ironed out. On my HP TouchPad, running webOS 3.0.6, whenever I answered a call on my Pre3 the darn thing would switch the sound to the touchpad. Also your friends iPhone is having problems because he probably only bought a 16GB model and filled it completely. No extra space for things really slows the phone down. I saw it with my 5C when I didn't realize that I had downloaded all of my tv shows onto it. Apps would crash like crazy, and sometimes the springboard would crash as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's really easy for me to feel that Apple is superior. They're unquestionably the best products on the market for me and my needs. Thankfully most people aren't experiencing the issues you're reflecting...I've had nothing but good experience and praise for both iOS 8 and Yosemite (especially Yosemite which added so many new little tweaks and was absolutely free).

I think you're being a bit overly generic when you speak on the new products for the sake of your argument...in reality, I think even you know there's a lot more to the new iPhone's than what you're leading on about. Paper specs alone differentiate it enough from the previous model to make you comments pretty comical.

There's a difference between disappointment and groundless hate. Your opinions are starting to flirt with the latter.