This year has been a rough one for sure. Yosemite and ios8 both have a good share of bugs.
    I tried an iphone 6, then 6+, then back to a 6 before finally returning the device and going to a 2014 Moto X.

Each of the 6's were buggy and lagged even on the 6+. The camera on the 6+ is amazing, but it was a good enough reason to keep the phone.
    I have had every single iphone ever made, and finally, I am just so bored with an auto arranged static grid of icons, I wanted to go android for a while.
    I tried Windows 1520 and the camera is even better than the 6+ and the OS itself is awesome, but no apps, no apps, no apps. Deal Breaker.
    Half the things in the market place are posing as apps are just poor quality web wraps...
    The new Moto X is basically raw android with Moto assist, which by the way is the best feature ever created, and I don't miss iOS.
    although I don't see me going back to iPhone any time soon, I still have an iMac and if I decide to get another iOS device I will look into an iPad.

Sorry Apple, it was a good run, but minor spec bumps with no compelling reason to buy the new phone, made me go another direction.
    Honestly, I think the 6 and 6+ feel cheap. The 6+ screen size is awesome but the phone is unbalanced and awkward. I always felt like i was top heavy and going to flip over backwards at any time.

I still love apple and will continue to use some apple products, but the phone just feels stale and old.
    Go to the forums where they say POST YOUR IPHONE 6 SCREEN SHOTS!!!
    Every single phone looks the same, auto arrange and no real widgets makes iOS stale and old. Guess if you never had them, you wouldn't miss them, but give android a REAL try for 4-6 months and you won't ever want to do without them again.

Swipe was one of the biggest features I was SO excited about for iOS, but its poor implementation made it useless.
    2014 Moto X is now my go to device. Love it.
    calebt likes this.
    11-09-2014 10:49 PM
    This year has been a rough one for sure. Yosemite and ios8 both have a good share of bugs.
    I tried an iphone 6, then 6+, then back to a 6 before finally returning the device and going to a 2014 Moto X.

Each of the 6's were buggy and lagged even on the 6+. The camera on the 6+ is amazing, but it was a good enough reason to keep the phone.
    I have had every single iphone ever made, and finally, I am just so bored with an auto arranged static grid of icons, I wanted to go android for a while.
    I tried Windows 1520 and the camera is even better than the 6+ and the OS itself is awesome, but no apps, no apps, no apps. Deal Breaker.
    Half the things in the market place are posing as apps are just poor quality web wraps...
    The new Moto X is basically raw android with Moto assist, which by the way is the best feature ever created, and I don't miss iOS.
    although I don't see me going back to iPhone any time soon, I still have an iMac and if I decide to get another iOS device I will look into an iPad.

Sorry Apple, it was a good run, but minor spec bumps with no compelling reason to buy the new phone, made me go another direction.
    Honestly, I think the 6 and 6+ feel cheap. The 6+ screen size is awesome but the phone is unbalanced and awkward. I always felt like i was top heavy and going to flip over backwards at any time.

I still love apple and will continue to use some apple products, but the phone just feels stale and old.
    Every single phone looks the same, auto arrange and no real widgets makes iOS stale and old. Guess if you never had them, you wouldn't miss them, but give android a REAL try for 4-6 months and you won't ever want to do without them again.

Swipe was one of the biggest features I was SO excited about for iOS, but its poor implementation made it useless.
    Congrats on the new Moto X. I probably would have bought either that or the Google Play Edition HTC One M8 if I didn't buy the iPhone 6.
    11-10-2014 12:40 AM
    Glad you enjoy your Moto X. It looks like one of the better Android devices out right now. A lot of what Motorola is making right now is fantastic. The Moto X. The Nexus 6. The Droid Turbo. The Moto G. Android is a fun OS. Rooting and loading custom ROMs and kernels and all that is fun. Widgets are a neat feature. I enjoyed my Nexus for a little while. But I don't miss Android all that much.
    11-10-2014 01:50 AM
    I think Apple is struggling in software and services. iCloud library should be as embarrassing as Maps was to them. Apple wasn't really known for services either under Jobs so I doubt he's turning over in his grave. With record profits, he's probably smiling.

Yet, you're still not going to find anything else that works as well together as apple hardware and OS. The fact you CAN use other services to displace some or most of Apple's services is crucial. Office is a must as iworks is a joke. Dropbox or other cloud services instead of icloud. Google maps. Kindle reader. The list goes on.
    calebt likes this.
    11-10-2014 08:44 AM

Yeah, that Moto X is a Killer phone, I was looking at it or the M8 GPE, but I don't think I'd ever get another phone unless it had the Touch Id.
    11-11-2014 07:51 PM
    I agree, iOS devices have a lot more problems these days, and iphones don't last as long. All of my friends updated to iOS 8 when it came out. Now most of there phones don't work right anymore, they freeze and some have battery and connection issues. Also most of my friends can't get an iPhone to last more than 18 months. I have a 6 year old phone on a 4 year old OS and it still works great.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1
    11-12-2014 04:55 PM
    My iPhone 5 works great with IOS 8.1 So far so good!
    11-12-2014 05:37 PM
    Most smartphones of all platforms have reached a point of not much new in hardware. It's mostly the software now.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    And yet I feel like design for smartphones has still yet to be tapped for potential in terms of innovation.... It's been a few years and maybe innovation has burned out and plateaued within that period, but there will be that Renaissance where new things would happen within the smartphone space yet again... It only depends on how successful it is...
    11-12-2014 05:56 PM
    I agree, iOS devices have a lot more problems these days, and iphones don't last as long. All of my friends updated to iOS 8 when it came out. Now most of there phones don't work right anymore, they freeze and some have battery and connection issues. Also most of my friends can't get an iPhone to last more than 18 months. I have a 6 year old phone on a 4 year old OS and it still works great.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1
    Why do their iPhones only last 18 months? Are they physically abused?
    11-12-2014 06:48 PM
    Good question, I never really answered that in my original post. I am a teenager as are my friends, so yes some of them don't take very good care of their iPhones. Others though have had phones they take really good care of, but after they downloaded the update,they stopped working right, others have had phones that stopped charging. Just like that, one day just got stuck at a certain battery level and wouldn't charge.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1
    11-13-2014 12:57 AM
    For the first time ever, I have no real problems with any of my Apple devices. I get minor glitches which get easily fixed by asking here, but everything works like buttah. I think Steve would be stoked that Apple is doing so well.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-23-2014 05:43 PM
    For the first time ever, I have no real problems with any of my Apple devices. I get minor glitches which get easily fixed by asking here, but everything works like buttah. I think Steve would be stoked that Apple is doing so well.
    Key words "WORKS LIKE BUTTAH".....I like that ....SMILE
    12-23-2014 06:46 PM
    no issues to any of the above either.
    12-24-2014 01:09 AM
    I think the most thing he would freak out about is the camera bump on iPhone 6/6+. "What??? It's not symmetric??? No 1 in the whole company goes home till this thing is perfectly flat and round!"
    01-12-2015 10:48 AM
64 123