iMessage

mgruve

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing iMessage outage. Running 8.0.2 on iPhone 5. I've tried everything I know to get it back up. Apple side problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing iMessage outage. Running 8.0.2 on iPhone 5. I've tried everything I know to get it back up. Apple side problem?

Nope. All's fine with mine. Perhaps there is a problem with reception?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Go to Settings - Messages and see if your Apple ID is signed in. My phone logged itself out of iMessage on Sunday night for some reason with the "Waiting for activation" and I had to go back and manually input my info again.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - Messages and see if your Apple ID is signed in. My phone logged itself out of iMessage on Sunday night for some reason with the "Waiting for activation" and I had to go back and manually input my info again.

Good tip. I wondered why Text Message Forwarding was not working the past few days. Just checked my iPhone, and sure enough my phone number is no longer set as the Start New Conversations From, or the You Can Be Reached By Message At. Phone number shows up in the latter though.

Turned off iMessage, and powered down phone. Powered up phone, signed back into iMessage, and immediately my phone number was recognized for the relevant Messages settings noted above. What's strange now is that I don't see the option to setup Text Message Forwarding. Received the popup message on my MB Air that iMessage has activated on my phone. Will try to troubleshoot more tomorrow and get the Text Message Forwarding option available and working.

Update: Restarted iPhone. Now Text Message Forwarding option shows up, and was able to setup with Messages on the Mac side.

Last edited:

annaharris

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The iMessage in my iPhone 6 was working fine, now I am facing this problem. I think I have been logged-out from my Apple ID account automatically, but why I have been logged out of my Apple ID automatically ?

mgruve

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I was still logged in. I deleted the message string and started a new one. Started working. Strange but problem was fixed