Do you keep your kid(s) away from gadgets?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
We have a 3rd gen iPad in a big spongy protective case. The grandkids share it when they visit. But none of them are allowed to just sit and play with it. They take turns, and we limit their time with it. They need to run and play, but they also need to use/learn with tech toys/tools, too.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My son is a little young to use any technology properly, but I certainly won't keep him away from it entirely. The iPad and Facetime are fantastic for letting him see his grandparents, and playing a video serves as a good occasional distraction. As with most things in life, moderation is key.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That article, to me, was silly because at no time did Steve Jobs ever say that he didn't "allow" his kids to use the products, he simply responded that his kids had not received or used the iPad (as it had just come out when the interview happened). They basically put words into his mouth that he never said...

Personally, I don't have children...but if I did, they'd have limitations on time spent on the devices, but I certain;y wouldn't keep them from using them period.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My kids have iPods and share an iPad with the rest of the family. They use it for school and for play but they are all active and always choose to play sports or something outside above a gadget. It's just how they are being raised. I don't have to put restrictions on gadgets since they have always been encouraged to stay active.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you all.. We should restrict our kids to a certain limit in using iPad or any other gadget. Their lives shouldn't be totally revolving around all these. I too don't have kid(s) so far but I will try to keep them away from gadgets as much as I can and as long as I can.

Outdoor games, activities are so necessary.. Helps them in getting them stronger and confident.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My daughter is 6 and has a iPad mini and iPod touch... She is only allowed to use it under limited times but she has them. I hear schools here are going to start making iPads mandatory in some classes next year so she's got a one up anyways

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh