It just goes to show that when you try to pump out millions of devices using human beings and man-made machines, mistakes can happen.

Only difference here is that you won't see Apple send out tweets or make a commercial about it.

Stay classy Samsung

Galaxy Note 4 screen separation issue reported in South Korea | BGR
    EmceeGeek, MikeX74, Les74 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-2014 10:04 AM
    It just goes to show that when you try to pump out millions of devices using human beings and man-made machines, mistakes can happen.

Only difference here is that you won't see Apple send out tweets or make a commercial about it.

Stay classy Samsung

Galaxy Note 4 screen separation issue reported in South Korea | BGR
    "Might" have a manufacturing issue. If about as bad internet uproar over #bendgate. Lets hope they get it straightened away. Never good when the consumer loses.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:10 AM
    "Might" have a manufacturing issue. If about as bad internet uproar over #bendgate. Lets hope they get it straightened away. Never good when the consumer loses.
    I would be quite surprised if this gets even a fraction of the attention as "bendgate".
    09-29-2014 10:14 AM
    I would be quite surprised if this gets even a fraction of the attention as "bendgate".
    It won't and if it isn't wide spread it shouldn't. And #bendgate shouldn't have either. But internet.
    TomsAndroid and nikkisharif like this.
    09-29-2014 10:33 AM
    We all know that it won’t. Why? IMHO, it’s because the Android platform is severely inferior, and therefore, cannot be held to the same high standard as the iPhone platform.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:59 AM
    We all know that it won’t. Why? IMHO, it’s because the Android platform is severely inferior, and therefore, cannot be held to the same high standard as the iPhone platform.
    I disagree, but hey that's your opinion. What is in question here is hardware not iOS/Android. Bit of a stretch.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-29-2014 11:02 AM
    No one's going to bash Samsung for this, maybe except Apple...
    09-29-2014 11:06 AM
    I disagree, but hey that's your opinion. What is in question here is hardware not iOS/Android. Bit of a stretch.
    In this case, it’s hardware, but hardware from different platform bases - Apple and Samsung.
    09-29-2014 11:07 AM
    No one's going to bash Samsung for this, maybe except Apple...
    Probably not, but why not? Isn't it the same thing as all the "bendgate" hype? Failure is failure. Bad design? Poorly executed manufacturing?

Why aren’t both devices/platforms held to the same standards? Could it be that the world just expects more from Apple? Or is it a matter of haters pointing out flaws, real or imagined?
    09-29-2014 11:09 AM
    Probably not, but why not? Isn't it the same thing as all the "bendgate" hype? Failure is failure. Bad design? Poorly executed manufacturing?

Why arent both devices/platforms held to the same standards? Could it be that the world just expects more from Apple? Or is it a matter of haters pointing out flaws, real or imagined?
    Apple attracts more bashers because it has a bigger target on its back.
    09-29-2014 11:11 AM
    Why go to trouble to stir up "gates" about a particular Samsung product that few have even heard of?

I jokingly asked my wife if she wants a note and she said "what's that?" Exactly.

On the other hand, everyone knows what the iPhone is. Anything Apple generates hits and buzz for websites. The mainstream media carries these stories because they know their audience will eat it up.
    Speedygi and the_tech_eater like this.
    09-29-2014 11:19 AM
    My EVOD has a gap in it just like the one described, the thread does not seem to have been machined right. Also it is makes it look bent, almost imperceptible, but I see it all the time.
    09-29-2014 11:42 AM
    I had zero issues with either the Note 2 or 3 when I used them aside from my preference for iOS. But I'm not going to lie and say I don't in the least find this amusing when Samsung almost tripped over themselves because they couldn't rip Apple fast enough.

If your product is as good as you say, you don't need to focus the majority of your marketing on ripping your competitor and its users.
    kch50428, EmceeGeek, Les74 and 3 others like this.
    09-29-2014 11:51 AM
    I had zero issues with either the Note 2 or 3 when I used them aside from my preference for iOS. But I'm not going to lie and say I don't in the least find this amusing when Samsung almost tripped over themselves because they couldn't rip Apple fast enough.

If your product is as good as you say, you don't need to focus the majority of your marketing on ripping your competitor and its users.
    Word.
    09-29-2014 12:06 PM
    People love to hate Apple so I know it won't be as big of a deal.
    09-29-2014 12:23 PM
    I personally find all of these "____gate" things to be very dumb and juvenile. It doesn't matter what company is in the cross hairs, it's always equally dumb.
    09-29-2014 01:55 PM
    The Gappening.

Anyway, kinda funny to see the rabbit with the gun now. Of course no one will care about this since nobody lined up for the Note 4.

I find it funny though that Samsung started pushing these out for earlier releases in some places because of how they crapped their pants about the 6 Plus being so wanted.
    09-29-2014 02:36 PM
    Schadenfreude.
    09-29-2014 02:40 PM
    The Gappening.

Anyway, kinda funny to see the rabbit with the gun now. Of course no one will care about this since nobody lined up for the Note 4.

I find it funny though that Samsung started pushing these out for earlier releases in some places because of how they crapped their pants about the 6 Plus being so wanted.
    Note 4 owners with a gap in their phone might care.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-29-2014 02:41 PM
    The Gappening.

Nobody lined up? Its not slated to launch until mid-October (US)
    09-29-2014 02:45 PM
    Did you not read my entire post? I didn't specify the U.S.
    09-29-2014 02:49 PM
    The Gappening.

I love "The Gappening". ROTFL.
    EmceeGeek and DoyouFanBoyBro like this.
    09-29-2014 03:28 PM
    I love "The Gappening". ROTFL.
    I should have credited Peter Cohen with that. I heard him say that during the iMore podcast today, pre-show.
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:42 PM
    That's the USA. There are more countries.
    09-29-2014 08:30 PM
    Manufacturing any product will have certain characteristics. In Apple's case, making a svelte beautiful thin phone, you are going to lose a bit of strength. These are top notch phones that shouldn't be in the hand of giant google glass wearing people with no sense or some attention seeking Canadian with a internal scientific bending measurer. Samsung is making millions of phones cheaply, so you will see gaps. Someone who manufactures squares will have trouble being circles. Its just how it is and we need to get over it. Apple takes the most hits because they are the industry leader and everyone knows it. Its been over a week since the iPhone was released and there are still lines at my apple store. The Galaxy alpha was released as a iPhone 6 killer and my att store has sold a total of 4.
    09-29-2014 09:01 PM
41 12