Negative perception of Apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Honestly I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6. It just looks cheaply made and feels ridiculous to hold. I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. I'm just not liking the display, style, weight, or anything else at this point. I may end up moving from my 5C to a 5S again though.

What comes off as "cheap" as far as the quality of the phones are?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
What comes off as "cheap" as far as the quality of the phones are?

It's how badly the demo phones show the scratches in the stores. It's the weird way it's got a curve around screen that was seen on android phones years ago. It's the odd blurriness the resolution creates to my eyes. I just don't like where they are headed, my opinion anyways.

I guess the positive out of all that is that I'm going to try the 5S again....

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It's how badly the demo phones show the scratches in the stores. It's the weird way it's got a curve around screen that was seen on android phones years ago. It's the odd blurriness the resolution creates to my eyes. I just don't like where they are headed, my opinion anyways.

I guess the positive out of all that is that I'm going to try the 5S again....

Hey stranger, The 5s is an awesome device. Have the 6, 64g and liking it, havent thought once about going back.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey stranger, The 5s is an awesome device. Have the 6, 64g and liking it, havent thought once about going back.

Well I am warming up to the idea of the 5s. My 5c is starting to slowly show a bit of it's age. Perhaps I'll end up liking the 6 someday. Or not. Who knows!?!

So what do you like about it?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I am warming up to the idea of the 5s. My 5c is starting to slowly show a bit of it's age. Perhaps I'll end up liking the 6 someday. Or not. Who knows!?!

So what do you like about it?

Its not for everyone, but I like the screen size, its fast and smooth. camera from what I've been seeing so far is really good. best of all is battery life.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
None of what you think matters. Public mood is what matters. You're just a geek like me on a smartphone forum. Tech companies live and die outside of what you and I think. Samsung took a massive hit this year for failing to realize that everyone else was getting sick of their non premium feeling hardware shortcuts and awful touchwiz. They pushed their luck too far so It was bound to happen. Karma is a b*tch as the saying goes.
Apple thought that they could be forgiven and depend on the branding cult forever too and are yet another victim of their own hubris. You guys didn't seriously think that Apple and Samsung were going to be the top contenders forever and ever amen did you? Lol. That's not how the tech industry works.

Lots of people seem to forget these leaders have only held their positions for a few short years and that the companies they overtook were there for just as short a time. Give it a few more years and crackberry will disappear off of the list of Mobile Nations set of mobile sites just like WebOS did, Windows Phone will fill in as the next in line to be the new crackberry, and iMore will be the next Windows Phone Central.

I don't think you quite nailed Samsung or Apple. Samsung, as an android oem, learned how to market and brand (by paying attention to Apple) and spent a lot doing it. That's their claim to fame over other android oem's. Eventually the other android makers have finally started waking up along with Apple finally knocking down the bigger screen barrier. It's worth repeating though that Google is android. Samsung will always just be a mere oem, one of many, with little loyalty among its users.

Apple thought they could be forgiven? Umm..Apple is in cruise control. Their focus now is reshaping the way you pay for things that others could only dream of doing with Apple pay. That's so beyond having going concern issues with phones. There's never been anything like Apple before in phones. Not Palm. Not rim. Never. That's how cemented Apple is.

Microsoft, as always it seems, remains that one company that could seemingly be a serious competitor if only they could just get their crap together. Office, Xbox, windows, etc and they just can't seem to leverage it all together. Windows 8 was a mess. Marketing and branding is a mess. They can't decide who they are.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
To the point of paying with Apple Pay, seems Walgreens will begin accepting it soon.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

jonnaver

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you quite nailed Samsung or Apple. Samsung, as an android oem, learned how to market and brand (by paying attention to Apple) and spent a lot doing it. That's their claim to fame over other android oem's. Eventually the other android makers have finally started waking up along with Apple finally knocking down the bigger screen barrier. It's worth repeating though that Google is android. Samsung will always just be a mere oem, one of many, with little loyalty among its users.

Apple thought they could be forgiven? Umm..Apple is in cruise control. Their focus now is reshaping the way you pay for things that others could only dream of doing with Apple pay. That's so beyond having going concern issues with phones. There's never been anything like Apple before in phones. Not Palm. Not rim. Never. That's how cemented Apple is.

Microsoft, as always it seems, remains that one company that could seemingly be a serious competitor if only they could just get their crap together. Office, Xbox, windows, etc and they just can't seem to leverage it all together. Windows 8 was a mess. Marketing and branding is a mess. They can't decide who they are.
Nothing is cement when it comes to the smartphone industry my friend

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I still remain surprised that Microsoft hasn't polished all that together either over the years. I'm not much of a gamer, but one thing I know is that the Xbox, Xbox 360, and now Xbox One have been some superb hardware. I don't know why they didn't integrate Windows Mobile somehow, some way 5-7 years ago. Integrate in a way that makes it matter to own a Windows Mobile device to integrate that hardware with it.

Their marketing has always been lackluster. Like the ad for the first Surface in which all they showed were people clapping their surface and surface keyboard together. They missed the boat on such opportunity that people refer to Surfaces as "ipads" because Microsoft did a horrendous job of branding. Flat out awful.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I still remain surprised that Microsoft hasn't polished all that together either over the years. I'm not much of a gamer, but one thing I know is that the Xbox, Xbox 360, and now Xbox One have been some superb hardware. I don't know why they didn't integrate Windows Mobile somehow, some way 5-7 years ago. Integrate in a way that makes it matter to own a Windows Mobile device to integrate that hardware with it.

Their marketing has always been lackluster. Like the ad for the first Surface in which all they showed were people clapping their surface and surface keyboard together. They missed the boat on such opportunity that people refer to Surfaces as "ipads" because Microsoft did a horrendous job of branding. Flat out awful.

Their biggest problem is that their business units all operate independently and it sounds like communication between them is extremely poor. They need to change the culture of the company before they can do things like this. And I really hope they do, because I do like what I see from some parts of windows phone, xbox and windows 10.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm not sure windows as a brand can be repaired for the consumer audience. I'd suggest making it business only and rebranding the consumer version. Xbox os or something.

Microsoft decided to make surfaces. It needs to go all in or stop. I'd vote all in. That's the only way they can control the experience. Each Xbox is a pc. Each pc is an Xbox. The fact that windows is great at gaming is just lost on the average consumer imo.

And where's the xPhone already? And rebrand the surface. It's an Xbox surface. All these should integrate with each other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73