Negative perception of Apple.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in on a phone that can teleport me to work in order to avoid the 270 twice a day.

It's really not so much a matter of looks. It's really what's the next innovation jump.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

That's exactly it! It's the same with transportation and the car, what is the next innovation? The same with the phone? what would be the next big thing?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually think that we're in the middle of the next jump but we don't recognise it as such. People who lived in WWI did not refer to it as such. It was The Great War. Only in retrospect was it called WWI.
Similarly, I think we're seeing the phone becoming the central control of what we do. You see it in Apple. Home kit. Health kit. Apple Pay. Not saying Apple is singularly engaged in this. There are others too. But I think this is the next push. We will look back and point to the time that the phone became less about phone calls and more as a single point of coordination and management of what we do.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think you are right in all of your points. I think it will be about staying in control of different aspects of what we do and manage in our homes and work etc.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My issues with Apple lately are that they seem rather hipocrytical. Like with that recent Tod bit from Jony I've talking about how mad he is about xiaomi copying Apple's style. I'm sorry, but Apple has copied a ton of stuff from poo others over the years, you don't get to be mad when someone then does it to you.

And yet everyone has ultimately copied the touchscreen which Apple innovated so by your logic every single company in the smartphone landscape has copied Apple. There is taking great ideas that your competition has and including them in your own smartphone to make them competitive and then there is making a clone like the Galaxy S2 or the Xiaomi. Hell, look at this Android article: Cult of Android - 7 things copycat Xioami blatantly ripped off from Apple and you decide. This is just a few examples.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
And yet everyone has ultimately copied the touchscreen which Apple innovated so by your logic every single company in the smartphone landscape has copied Apple. There is taking great ideas that your competition has and including them in your own smartphone to make them competitive and then there is making a clone like the Galaxy S2 or the Xiaomi. Hell, look at this Android article: Cult of Android - 7 things copycat Xioami blatantly ripped off from Apple and you decide. This is just a few examples.

I do feel innovation can never happen in a vacuum, ideas are there to spawn innovation. I think Jony Ive just says what he wants to say about Xiaomi, but everyone has an opinion...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually think that we're in the middle of the next jump but we don't recognise it as such. People who lived in WWI did not refer to it as such. It was The Great War. Only in retrospect was it called WWI.
Similarly, I think we're seeing the phone becoming the central control of what we do. You see it in Apple. Home kit. Health kit. Apple Pay. Not saying Apple is singularly engaged in this. There are others too. But I think this is the next push. We will look back and point to the time that the phone became less about phone calls and more as a single point of coordination and management of what we do.

Good points there.

TaniaQ

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes get the feeling that the pressure to be innovative is higher on the Apple "haters" than on the Apple developers. They have to bend, blend or demolish the iPhones and who knows what, just to get a view clicks on youtube.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get the feeling that the pressure to be innovative is higher on the Apple "haters" than on the Apple developers. They have to bend, blend or demolish the iPhones and who knows what, just to get a view clicks on youtube.

And they hang on to every perceived flaw or problem. There are some supposedly BlackBerry enthusiast fan sites that talk more about Apple than BlackBerry. It's a strange phenomenon.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
And they hang on to every perceived flaw or problem. There are some supposedly BlackBerry enthusiast fan sites that talk more about Apple than BlackBerry. It's a strange phenomenon.

It's amazing how they can claim to be fans when they spend more time putting something else down.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No. Blackberry is not a dirty word here at iMore. In fact, many of us are former Blackberry users, myself included. Anyway, Please note that iMore has security measures in place to "randomly" select posts to be placed in moderation (subject to review by our moderators) for a limited time in an effort to protect our members and the integrity of the forums. That is why some of your posts were not immediately available for viewing. Anyway, take care and enjoy the rest of your evening...:)

Speak for yourself :)

I have been a Blackberry administrator for years and just this past year I finally pushed all the Blackberries out of the environment. Back end Blackberry management was the worst.

Of course, I am kidding about the speak for touted thing. As I am glad I don't have to administer Blackberries anymore, there are a lot of cool devices, heck I use the original Playbook as my desk clock at work :).

We love all mobile users here on Mobile Nations, no matter what your device preferance is.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Nah.....it would be crass.

Just know it's there.

Blackberry are die hard fans and consider it blasphemy to speak bad about the company, it's unsupported apps, and devices.

I know this simply because I stated that the passport is a ugly phone and I continue to get s#$t from them.

They are a devil worshiping cult, I tell you. Hahahahaha

I kid, I kid. I love all people.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6. It just looks cheaply made and feels ridiculous to hold. I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. I'm just not liking the display, style, weight, or anything else at this point. I may end up moving from my 5C to a 5S again though.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6. It just looks cheaply made and feels ridiculous to hold. I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. I'm just not liking the display, style, weight, or anything else at this point. I may end up moving from my 5C to a 5S again though.

Hey long time no see! That's too bad you don't like the 6! I'm getting one here soon.