"Being first isn?t the point, being the best is"

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yah my 6 isn't bent either. It must be defective. Can't see a bend anywhere other than in the sexy curves.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Never seen one.

In the last 18 months since the BB10 devices have been out I have seen under a dozen in the wild.

I haven't seen one single solitary Z10. BB10 devices are so rare that I take pictures of them when I see them. Like you would if you saw Nessie.

Oh two of that dozen I've seen in the wild have been mine. Do they count?

Since BlackBerry 10 was released I have only seen one in the wild. I went to Disney a year or so ago and it looked like 98% of people there has iPhones! It was wild.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you know that BB10 took heavily from WebOS.

As far as making things pretty and simple, I would rather look at an attractive OS than a dark and depressing palette. Additionally, even the most professional user prefers a UI than one that is draining and overly complicated.

Given a choice i would prefer a UI that is a pleasure to use. Apple understands that and nails it.

Yes. My point was, they all "borrow" from each other. It's just about who implements it's best.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you know that BB10 took heavily from WebOS.

As far as making things pretty and simple, I would rather look at an attractive OS than a dark and depressing palette. Additionally, even the most professional user prefers a UI than one that is draining and overly complicated.

Given a choice i would prefer a UI that is a pleasure to use. Apple understands that and nails it.

I have to say, I do like the BB10 OS. Some of the gestures and such are pretty neat. I don't know what it would be like to live with, but playing around with it in a store, it seemed pretty useful. The BB Hub feature was cool. The keyboard seemed really nice.

I've mentioned before, and I'll say it again: now that iOS is allowing 3rd party keyboards, I'm hoping BlackBerry offers their BB10 keyboard as an iOS download.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I do like the BB10 OS. Some of the gestures and such are pretty neat. I don't know what it would be like to live with, but playing around with it in a store, it seemed pretty useful. The BB Hub feature was cool. The keyboard seemed really nice.

I've mentioned before, and I'll say it again: now that iOS is allowing 3rd party keyboards, I'm hoping BlackBerry offers their BB10 keyboard as an iOS download.

I have noticed that since BlackBerry 10 dropped that I am seeing more "swipe-able" features on the iPhone OS. I really do like that, wherever it came from!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that since BlackBerry 10 dropped that I am seeing more "swipe-able" features on the iPhone OS. I really do like that, wherever it came from!

iOS had swipe navigation in some apps before blackberry 10 existed. It was a natural evolution and had nothing to do with blackberry at all.

I think bb fans don't really understand just how little impact blackberry has had on the mobile market over the past several years. They've been almost completely irrelevant and any feature that resembles one on blackberry was likely available earlier on another platform.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I go away for a few days and look what happens. ;)

Glad to see qbnkelt holding the fort though.

Anyway, how's your iPhone 6's doing? Mine's just fab, thanks for asking. Not a blemish, problem or issue in sight. In all that time, my Android phone sitting next to it has had three reboots, seven app crashes, one case of turning the mute function off for no reason and three weird sounds coming from I-know-not-which-app. Good times.

Still, Android has widgets on the home screen and it can be customised, can't it? So that's all right then. Who cares about reliability when you have customisation. CUSTOMISATION, PEOPLE!! My Android phone might be an unreliable POS but at least I can decide where I want to put the Icons. Disaster averted. Phew...

None of my phones are bent though.

As you were.

Android CAN have both. Just not always the case, as your experience shows :D Actually, I've had none of the issues with my phone's that you've had. And my iPad mini retina has rebooted and crashed far more often than my phone, since I've owned both.

That being said, I don't have time to worry about customisation or anything anymore, which is why I've been drawn back to iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Which takes us back to the subject of this thread. BEST > FIRST. Every. Time.

Yep! Even as an Android user myself, claims of Apple "copying", "stealing" and a lack of "innovation" all annoy me. So does someone ranting about android having features first. Who cares?! Apple so often does take ideas...and then matures and polishes them, and gives them to us in a form that is usually a lot nicer than what is found elsewhere! For me, that's what makes a good device, not one that has the most features or best specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Of the people that i know in my neighborhood, most have iPhones. There is one person with a BB Q10, one person with a Nexus 5, and myself(with my LG G2). No Samsung devices that i can see.:p

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately I don't think the BB10 keyboard will come to iOS because its driving force is SwiftKey, and SwiftKey is already available on iOS. But, you never know.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
WOW just saw the Note 4. That Passport is going to look embarrassing next to the iPhone and the Note 4.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be skipping the Passport for sure but I'll be getting the Note 4 for sure

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
After the terrible experience I had with two Note 3, an S3 and an S4, wild horses couldn't drag me back to Samsung.

You know I hear that s lot. I had an SGII and an SGIII and they were trouble free. My first Android was an Atrix and that was problematic at first.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what do you do with so many phones? I assume one for personal use and one for work but I think you have three or four devices. Do you have one sim you switch among phones or do you keep separate lines for each of them?

Nope I've got three lines. So the iPhone is on my main line. The Lumia 1520 is in the second line but I'll put the Note 4 there. The third line was my mother in law's that I paid for. When my ex and I split I took over that line and has the Q10 on it. When I get the Note 4 I'll put the Lumia there.

The work Note 2 is work issued. It's not mine.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thx. I was just curious. Don't think I could handle more than one phone at a time.

It all started with a PDA I got waaaaaay back in 2002 to compliment my Motorola flip. I have had two phones ever since. And after the split I just kept the line.

It's fun to play with different platforms. But my iPhone is my favourite. That's the one I always always always carry.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I just popped on to say that although I have no experience of the BB Q10, I feel compelled to assert that it is without doubt the most perfect and least structurally weak phone that will ever be produced, and if that proves not to be the case, you can sue me.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just popped on to say that although I have no experience of the BB Q10, I feel compelled to assert that it is without doubt the most perfect and least structurally weak phone that will ever be produced, and if that proves not to be the case, you can sue me.

Here is a bent q10:
ec6a3dbcdff29a8bb50a7c96d654083e.jpg

No need to sue. You never really had much credibility to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711