For the reading pleasure of the holier than thou BlackBerry enthusiasts trying to gloat....don't look now, but there is a picture of a bent Q10 right here...

Reports of bent iPhone 6 aligns with horrible history of bent smartphones
    09-26-2014 01:56 PM
    For the reading pleasure of the holier than thou BlackBerry enthusiasts trying to gloat....don't look now, but there is a picture of a bent Q10 right here...

Reports of bent iPhone 6 aligns with horrible history of bent smartphones
    qbnkelt, A895 and FFR like this.
    09-26-2014 02:06 PM
    Must be a slow learner.
    He's a BB fan. Isn't that already apparent?
    09-26-2014 02:13 PM
    He's a BB fan. Isn't that already apparent?
    ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-26-2014 02:20 PM
    The level of desperation of some BlackBerry enthusiasts to try to somehow focus away from their abomination of a device is amazing.
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plu...osed-bend.html

Yup....the phones bend if you do something stupid like FORCE them to bend...DUH....OR put them in your back jeans pocket and sit on it.....DUH...

By the way, I hear sales for the Quasim....er....Passport exceeded expectations. They actually sold 200 THOUSAND units since Wednesday. WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 200,000 BlackBerry Passports sold through Amazon and Shop BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

oh right....Apple sold 200 thousand units in the first sixty minutes....ooops....
    HaHa. Got your Irish up, huh?
    09-26-2014 02:53 PM
    HaHa. Got your Irish up, huh?

It's just SOOOOO *BEGGING* for a good thrashing!!!!!!

And I couldn't eat pizza today at our pizza party and I'm READY for a good fight....see that lonely salad there?!?! That's mine!!!!

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411757798.319847.jpg

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    09-26-2014 02:57 PM
    Whatever happened to the BlackBerry Z30? That phone looked promising. I have yet to see one in person, in the wild. Did people buy them?
    09-26-2014 03:41 PM
    I go away for a few days and look what happens.

Glad to see qbnkelt holding the fort though.

Anyway, how's your iPhone 6's doing? Mine's just fab, thanks for asking. Not a blemish, problem or issue in sight. In all that time, my Android phone sitting next to it has had three reboots, seven app crashes, one case of turning the mute function off for no reason and three weird sounds coming from I-know-not-which-app. Good times.

Still, Android has widgets on the home screen and it can be customised, can't it? So that's all right then. Who cares about reliability when you have customisation. CUSTOMISATION, PEOPLE!! My Android phone might be an unreliable POS but at least I can decide where I want to put the Icons. Disaster averted. Phew...

None of my phones are bent though.

As you were.
    qbnkelt and luvesuga like this.
    09-26-2014 04:03 PM
    Whatever happened to the BlackBerry Z30? That phone looked promising. I have yet to see one in person, in the wild. Did people buy them?
    Never seen one.

In the last 18 months since the BB10 devices have been out I have seen under a dozen in the wild.

I haven't seen one single solitary Z10. BB10 devices are so rare that I take pictures of them when I see them. Like you would if you saw Nessie.

Oh two of that dozen I've seen in the wild have been mine. Do they count?

09-26-2014 04:50 PM

Anyway, how's your iPhone 6's doing? Mine's just fab, thanks for asking. Not a blemish, problem or issue in sight. In all that time, my Android phone sitting next to it has had three reboots, seven app crashes, one case of turning the mute function off for no reason and three weird sounds coming from I-know-not-which-app. Good times.

Still, Android has widgets on the home screen and it can be customised, can't it? So that's all right then. Who cares about reliability when you have customisation. CUSTOMISATION, PEOPLE!! My Android phone might be an unreliable POS but at least I can decide where I want to put the Icons. Disaster averted. Phew...

As you were.

"CUSTOMISATION, PEOPLE!!"

You owe me half the bottle of Mountain Dew that I sprayed all over the computer screen

Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-26-2014 04:54 PM
    Oh yah my 6 isn't bent either. It must be defective. Can't see a bend anywhere other than in the sexy curves.

09-26-2014 04:56 PM
    Never seen one.

In the last 18 months since the BB10 devices have been out I have seen under a dozen in the wild.

I haven't seen one single solitary Z10. BB10 devices are so rare that I take pictures of them when I see them. Like you would if you saw Nessie.

Oh two of that dozen I've seen in the wild have been mine. Do they count?

Since BlackBerry 10 was released I have only seen one in the wild. I went to Disney a year or so ago and it looked like 98% of people there has iPhones! It was wild.
    09-26-2014 05:47 PM
    I'm sure you know that BB10 took heavily from WebOS.

As far as making things pretty and simple, I would rather look at an attractive OS than a dark and depressing palette. Additionally, even the most professional user prefers a UI than one that is draining and overly complicated.

Given a choice i would prefer a UI that is a pleasure to use. Apple understands that and nails it.

Yes. My point was, they all "borrow" from each other. It's just about who implements it's best.
    pantlesspenguin and calebt like this.
    09-26-2014 05:48 PM
    I'm sure you know that BB10 took heavily from WebOS.

As far as making things pretty and simple, I would rather look at an attractive OS than a dark and depressing palette. Additionally, even the most professional user prefers a UI than one that is draining and overly complicated.

Given a choice i would prefer a UI that is a pleasure to use. Apple understands that and nails it.

I have to say, I do like the BB10 OS. Some of the gestures and such are pretty neat. I don't know what it would be like to live with, but playing around with it in a store, it seemed pretty useful. The BB Hub feature was cool. The keyboard seemed really nice.

I've mentioned before, and I'll say it again: now that iOS is allowing 3rd party keyboards, I'm hoping BlackBerry offers their BB10 keyboard as an iOS download.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-2014 05:56 PM
    I have to say, I do like the BB10 OS. Some of the gestures and such are pretty neat. I don't know what it would be like to live with, but playing around with it in a store, it seemed pretty useful. The BB Hub feature was cool. The keyboard seemed really nice.

I've mentioned before, and I'll say it again: now that iOS is allowing 3rd party keyboards, I'm hoping BlackBerry offers their BB10 keyboard as an iOS download.
    I have noticed that since BlackBerry 10 dropped that I am seeing more "swipe-able" features on the iPhone OS. I really do like that, wherever it came from!
    09-26-2014 06:01 PM
    I have noticed that since BlackBerry 10 dropped that I am seeing more "swipe-able" features on the iPhone OS. I really do like that, wherever it came from!
    iOS had swipe navigation in some apps before blackberry 10 existed. It was a natural evolution and had nothing to do with blackberry at all.

I think bb fans don't really understand just how little impact blackberry has had on the mobile market over the past several years. They've been almost completely irrelevant and any feature that resembles one on blackberry was likely available earlier on another platform.
    FFR likes this.
    09-26-2014 07:29 PM
    Yes. My point was, they all "borrow" from each other. It's just about who implements it's best.
    Which takes us back to the subject of this thread. BEST > FIRST. Every. Time.
    Les74, FFR and qbnkelt like this.
    09-26-2014 07:45 PM

As you were.
    Android CAN have both. Just not always the case, as your experience shows Actually, I've had none of the issues with my phone's that you've had. And my iPad mini retina has rebooted and crashed far more often than my phone, since I've owned both.

That being said, I don't have time to worry about customisation or anything anymore, which is why I've been drawn back to iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 09:38 AM
    Which takes us back to the subject of this thread. BEST > FIRST. Every. Time.
    Yep! Even as an Android user myself, claims of Apple "copying", "stealing" and a lack of "innovation" all annoy me. So does someone ranting about android having features first. Who cares?! Apple so often does take ideas...and then matures and polishes them, and gives them to us in a form that is usually a lot nicer than what is found elsewhere! For me, that's what makes a good device, not one that has the most features or best specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin and calebt like this.
    09-27-2014 09:42 AM
    Of the people that i know in my neighborhood, most have iPhones. There is one person with a BB Q10, one person with a Nexus 5, and myself(with my LG G2). No Samsung devices that i can see.
    09-27-2014 10:12 AM

Unfortunately I don't think the BB10 keyboard will come to iOS because its driving force is SwiftKey, and SwiftKey is already available on iOS. But, you never know.
    09-27-2014 10:38 AM
    WOW just saw the Note 4. That Passport is going to look embarrassing next to the iPhone and the Note 4.

09-27-2014 06:00 PM
    WOW just saw the Note 4. That Passport is going to look embarrassing next to the iPhone and the Note 4.

The Passport looked embarrassing in the leaks.

What a horrid looking device.
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    09-27-2014 06:53 PM
    I'll be skipping the Passport for sure but I'll be getting the Note 4 for sure

09-27-2014 08:05 PM
    I'll be skipping the Passport for sure but I'll be getting the Note 4 for sure
    After the terrible experience I had with two Note 3, an S3 and an S4, wild horses couldn't drag me back to Samsung.
    09-27-2014 08:22 PM
104 12345