"Being first isn?t the point, being the best is"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Stephen Fry, darling of the British, comedian, writer, actor, TV host, one half of the comedy duo that includes Hugh Laurie (yes the one that plays Dr House) and well known Apple aficionado gives his review of the iPhone 6 in the link below. He raises some excellent opinions, like:

"It only needs for me to leave with the confident prediction that these phones will prove through sales, as I believe them to be, the best and most beautiful mobile telecom technology ever yet produced."

Stephen Fry's iPhone 6 verdict: the most exquisite mobile ever made | Technology | The Guardian

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Stephen Fry, darling of the British, comedian, writer, actor, TV host, one half of the comedy duo that includes Hugh Laurie (yes the one that plays Dr House) and well known Apple aficionado gives his review of the iPhone 6 in the link below. He raises some excellent opinions, like:

"It only needs for me to leave with the confident prediction that these phones will prove through sales, as I believe them to be, the best and most beautiful mobile telecom technology ever yet produced."

Stephen Fry's iPhone 6 verdict: the most exquisite mobile ever made | Technology | The Guardian

Wise words! It is so very true.

Annnnnndddd.....I'm a huge Hugh Laurie fan from way back when in the Black Adder days....

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
With Fry playing Melchett of course. You may love the comedy series "A Bit Of Fry And Laurie" that aired for four series in the UK in the late 80s. Still my favourite sketch show of all time, even now.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
With Fry playing Melchett of course. You may love the comedy series "A Bit Of Fry And Laurie" that aired for four series in the UK in the late 80s. Still my favourite sketch show of all time, even now.

I'll look for it! Haven't seen it yet. I get your series several years behind. And not all of them.

Right now I'm hooked on Doc Martin. Different style of comedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Fun stuff. I'm sure you would love this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411302969.504881.jpg

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
John Chen is not Quasimodo from a Disney film. Troll that needs explaining is fail.

Aaaaawww I thought you were into satire!!!! You know....like the link you posted....

Ahhhhh.....I get it....you're only into satire at Apple's expense.....well love....if you dish it, you've got to be able to take it. M'kay????

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
But it is picture of Quasimodo shopped over John Chen. If it was Legere shopped over Chen, that would be satire. I do not know what that is.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
But it is picture of Quasimodo shopped over John Chen. If it was Legere shopped over Chen, that would be satire. I do not know what that is.

It's a funny. Comedy. Just like your piece. What's the matter? Why the sudden sensitivity?

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
'...dark late 80s and mid 90s when the company[ Apple] had all but 3% of the personal computer market...'
'...The 6 is 4.7in measured diagonally, the 6 Plus is 5.5in...'
'Under the bonnet they each offer a ravishing Retina HD display.'
'It only needs for me to leave with the confident prediction that these phones will prove through sales, as I believe them to be, the best and most beautiful mobile telecom technology ever yet produced. So sue me if if I’m proved wrong.'

- Stephen Fry, 17th September 2014

Hopefully for Apple, that last quote is an instance of the broken clock being correct twice a day.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm eating my words here for the next few days as everyone points out to me that I always said I didn't want a big phone. But I'm really enjoying eating them. I realize I didn't want a big Windows Phone or Android phone. I really wanted a big iPhone.

That said; IMO the iPhone 6 is still too big. Apple needs to get the body size down. The bezels look very dated and are comically large for a device in 2014. The camera also bothers me.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It is not the intent, but the quality of the content. I am very sensitive to badly constructed posts.

'...dark late 80s and mid 90s when the company[ Apple] had all but 3% of the personal computer market...'
'...The 6 is 4.7in measured diagonally, the 6 Plus is 5.5in...'
'Under the bonnet they each offer a ravishing Retina HD display.'
'It only needs for me to leave with the confident prediction that these phones will prove through sales, as I believe them to be, the best and most beautiful mobile telecom technology ever yet produced. So sue me if if I’m proved wrong.'

- Stephen Fry, 17th September 2014

Hopefully for Apple, that last quote is an instance of the broken clock being correct twice a day.

WTH are you prattling on about? Speaking of "badly constructed posts".

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, as i'm an Android guy, i will say that the iPhone 6 is a winner. Four of my kids have already ordered the phone, and they're waiting patiently for their deliveries. That said, when my contract is up, i will sell my LG G2, and finally get a NEXUS. I truly believe that it's the best phone ever made.:p

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It is not the intent, but the quality of the content. I am very sensitive to badly constructed posts.

Here is a thought then....if you're sensitive, about anything, it is generally not a good idea to go poking at a Rottweiler when she's having a good time and interrupting her good time....it will get you a bite....and when you do get bitten, remember it was your actions that caused that bite.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, that's priceless.
;) it was even Photoshopped on an iPhone 5s.

Well, although I do admit to possibly getting a Passport when it comes out, I think it's actually the BlackBerry Quasimodo phone. It is an abomination.

However, the tech behind it is intriguing, and since I'm a geek I'm curious enough to buy one, depending on the price. But then again, having nearly zero apps is really a serious flaw that I'm not keen on looking past.

But THIS iPhone 6....WOW....Apple really did hit it out of the ballpark. Quality. Just QUALITY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711