How do you feel about Pay not coming to Walmart or Best Buy?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

Go to the thread that You started on Crackberry. You will get some great info there...
http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=958573
Posted via the Android iMore App!

Xenophobic, much? News flash for you: I will post here and there as I please, I will learn and find out what I need when I need to and absolutely no one, certainly not you, is going to do a damn thing about it. Grow up, genius.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
re:

Xenophobic, much? News flash for you: I will post here and there as I please, I will learn and find out what I need when I need to and absolutely no one, certainly not you, is going to do a damn thing about it. Grow up, genius.

Overreact much? Maybe he was just trying to be helpful. Or maybe your overly sensitive to the fact that you're trying to troll. Anyway, it's a good thread and I like how even Crackberry put you in your place while you were trying bash Apple ;)

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
re:

I very rarely go to walmart as it is. If I need oil for my car I go to autozone. If I need an accessory for my phone and don't want to wait for it in the mail I go to an apple store. So if walmart and bestbuy don't support apple pay then there will be someone else that does. I just hope my local food market supports it.

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Whoa!! I'm being friendly. I haven't seen you since the beginning of that thread. I thought you might have missed something.:)/s
Do you know the definition of Xenophobic? I'm trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion?

PS. I'm not a Genius, I have to wear Velcro runners..

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

Overreact much? Maybe he was just trying to be helpful. Or maybe your overly sensitive to the fact that you're trying to troll. Anyway, it's a good thread and I like how even Crackberry put you in your place while you were trying bash Apple ;)

Get over yourself, I'm not trying to troll. I posted that thread on CB and I was genuinely amused: I had no idea that the "pay with your phone" thing had been implemented on other devices including Blackberries, since 2011. Even though at the time I was using either iPhones or Androids and couldn't find a device that suited my needs.
What I did learn, in that thread where, as you say, I was supposedly put back in my place, is that that while Blackberry may indeed have built in the capability to pay using the device, they never really expanded on that. It's only in Canada and apparently it's very limited.

As far as Google Wallet, I have never used it since I didn't realize what it was for (how's that, for techtard?) but knowing Google's laxity in privacy, I'll pass.

So no, no trolling on my end but I have to wonder why it is posting about different platforms on different forums equals trolling. That's an absurd notion. Believe me, if you were as inept and ignorant in tech devices as I am, you'd be asking questions and starting discussions everywhere to learn about them. And if that offends your sensibilities, then by all means, ignore my posts, you'd be doing us both a favor.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

Whoa!! I'm being friendly. I haven't seen you since the beginning of that thread. I thought you might have missed something.:)/s
Do you know the definition of Xenophobic? I'm trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion?

PS. I'm not a Genius, I have to wear Velcro runners..

See my reply to mikeo007, above.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
re:

What I did learn, in that thread where, as you say, I was supposedly put back in my place, is that that while Blackberry may indeed have built in the capability to pay using the device, they never really expanded on that. It's only in Canada and apparently it's very limited.

Until the announcement of Apple Pay, I had no idea how the "pay with the phone" apps and services worked or how widely they were currently being used. What Apple Pay has done is to bring card-less payment using a mobile device into the mainstream discussion. That is a positive. What merchants will and will not be a part of the Apple Pay service will not affect my choice of device (I'm getting an iPhone 6 at some point), but it could factor in to where I shop. It is still too early to know how it is all going to shake out.

I have to wonder why it is posting about different platforms on different forums equals trolling. That's an absurd notion. Believe me, if you were as inept and ignorant in tech devices as I am, you'd be asking questions and starting discussions everywhere to learn about them. And if that offends your sensibilities, then by all means, ignore my posts, you'd be doing us both a favor.

That is exactly why, even though I am now an Apple products devotee, I visit all of the Mobile Nations sites. I know next to nothing about technology and mobile devices and most of the threads and the blog entries on these sites are informative and interesting.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

It's not the cross posting, it's the going to a second site and bashing the other product, then returning to the first and attempting to act like it never happened. You've been called out on it in the past; you're not fooling anyone. http://forums.imore.com/general-apple-news-discussion/294688-enough.html#post2297787

That's ridiculous. I jump from platform to platform nonstop because I have yet to find a phone that completely suits my needs. And so yes, I will post about the shortcomings and pluses of any phone or manufacturer that I am familiar with, and if you think that's trolling, then my first assessment was right in calling you a xenophobe.

I've had Android phones: great toys, insanely cool format with awesome bells and whistles. Until the software updates, that is. In my case, every single software update on Android devices has been a disaster.
I've had iPhones: really easy to use, I thought it was perfect given how inept I am with technology, and I was actually pretty happy with the 4 and the 4S, (I did have a 3GS with AT&T a while back but I hated AT&T more than I liked the phone so I returned it and went back to Verizon) but my battery life as really bad so I went to Android again, then back to iPhone 5 because I really liked having all my devices connected.
And then...
IOS7 happened.
And there was no going back, my phone was suddenly sluggish and worked when it wanted to, and badly at that, and at the time, the customer service I got from Apple was awful and did nothing to fix my phone.
I realize that it was probably the exception because everyone says that Apple CS is superb, and I later experienced that, but at the time, the frustration was enough to make my go back to Android.
That honeymoon lasted from December to May, lol.
Samsung forced Kitkat on me. ( I kept refusing it when prompted, woke up one morning to find the download in progress, canceled it, woke up the next morning to find Kitkat fully installed and my phone pretty much paralyzed)
This time I went to Blackberry.

Small screen, no apps except for very few, but if I use it purely as a communication device, it works better than any other phone I've ever used.
My problem right now is that with my aging eyesight, I need my reading glasses to even see the screen and I forget the damn things half the time. I guess that had been the appeal of the Note3, no need for glasses with that one.

So yes, I am still looking for the perfect phone. And all my friends have either androids or iPhones, and I absolutely love my iPad Air, even though it's not at all like the Note Pro I had (screen shattered... Because of a spider, lol) but the iPad Air was a really nice surprise, especially after my iPad 4 had suffered the same fate as my iPhone 5 following IOS7.
My first inclination is to say "never another iPhone ever again"... But then I had said the exact same thing about iPad and now I love it so much I use it more than my MacBook.

So yes, you're damn straight, I will jump from Android Central to Crackberry to Imore back and forth like a caffeinated flea to find out everything that I can in my never ending search and if that makes me a troll then so be it.

And it's Mrs. Troll to you.
Sue me.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
re:

and if you think that's trolling, then my first assessment was right in calling you a xenophobe.
You didn't call me a xenophobe, that's what you called the fellow who was politely trying to help you out.
Rest was TL;DR. Just get over it and move on.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

You didn't call me a xenophobe, that's what you called the fellow who was politely trying to help you out.
Rest was TL;DR. Just get over it and move on.

You're right, let's move on, this is stoopid. Oddly enough, this is the Apple forum but I'm finding out things about my BB that I never even understood. Go figure.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
re:

Along with most I for one don't really go to Walmart but sometimes use Best Buy if I really can't wait to order so I hope they jump on board.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

That's ridiculous. I jump from platform to platform nonstop because I have yet to find a phone that completely suits my needs. And so yes, I will post about the shortcomings and pluses of any phone or manufacturer that I am familiar with, and if you think that's trolling, then my first assessment was right in calling you a xenophobe.

Actually, what you did was exactly what he described...you pranced around another community as if reflecting an anti-Apple product sentiment (See: "Apple Pay - I can't stop laughing!"). You attempted to appease the folks over at Crackberry by trying as hard as you could to make them feel you were pro-BB/anti-Apple.

Reading your comments here, it seems you've used similar tactics. They call this "playing both sides"...and personally, I don't really care, if that is how you want to go about things, that's on you (as pitiful as it is). Where it becomes hilariously uninteresting is when you attempt to color the picture as something totally innocent and defined under your search for knowledge about which device is best for you.

Let's get real here. You were attempting to be attractive to the CB folks, just as you've done here. Hand in cookie jar.

This should have been obvious by your initial interactions here before the release of the new devices, but you played the long con and blended in. Then...someone called you out, and for some reason you're relentlessly trying to dig yourself out of a hole. Weird.

If your mission is simply to find out as much as you can about a device by bouncing around from site to site engaging in discussion, why the derogatory subject matter? It doesn't make sense...well...it doesn't make sense in the way you're attempting to represent it. It makes perfect sense if we all look at it for what it is...which you also clearly know as well. Take that for what it's worth.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OK guys....we've all had to learn things about our devices and we've all had ideas about our devices that proved to be incorrect at one point or another. Evilguppy was all in with her Q10 which I can understand because it's a great messaging machine. However, she decided on the iPhone and is using it now.

If you look back through my post history you may find that I was very much a Blackberry fan once. Fan girl even. Back in 2009 I wasn't that keen on my 3GS and trashed it until I learned how to use it. I have recently switched finally and completely and gone all in on Apple. That transition is difficult and frustrating. And especially so if you had incorrect ideas about both platforms.
Here's what I'm saying - let's not throw the troll word around. I can see myself in much of what Evilguppy has said. I wasn't a troll when believed BlackBerry was a superior platform and I wasn't a troll (contrary to what my anti fans believe) when I finally, once and for all, realised BlackBerry wasn't the best platform for me.
We opinionated women sometimes tend to hold on to our beliefs a bit fiercely. That's all. Let's help rather than judge.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I did keep my Q10... It's deactivated and tucked away in a drawer, but I keep expecting problems with my iPhone 6 that I won't be able to get past and will force me to switch back.

Yesterday was a perfect example:
I drove to my local Apple Store, ready to switch to the 6 plus because "the 6 didn't have landscape mode"... But it does, it works exactly the same as with the previous models, it just doesn't have the jazzed up fancy la la landscape of the 6 plus, which I don't need anyway.

But when I found out that the 6 plus is not available anywhere right now, I was all "there's no effin way I paid all this for a phone that doesn't have landscape mode, I'll return it for a full refund and go back to my Q10 etc grumble etc grumble"...
... Til I learned here how to do a soft reset and them whoosh, no problem.

I guess my IOS 7 debacle has rattled me, lol.
So yes, I'm keeping my Q10, it's a fantastic phone in its own way.
... But I'm really glad my 6 is working, because having all my devices connected and seeing the screen comfortably is awesome. The calendar has also been hugely improved, I swoon everytime I use it.

Back to Apple pay...
I won't use it at first, I want to see if other people have problems with it, first, and I want Apple to fix such problems if they arise.
But I have managed to put my Walgreens rewards card, AAA card and REI membership card in my Passbook, so I'm learning the ropes, should I decide to put debit or credit cards in it, in the future.

It bugs me that Best Buy won't be using Apple pay, I hope they change their mind eventually.
But Target and Walmart?
I'd have to be seriously desperate to shop there. Desperate enough that I couldn't afford to keep my iPhone anyway.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well don't jump too quickly before exploring the phone fully. Personally I can't imagine ever going back but I'm a different person than you. The very fact that I have to load Android apps means that it's not an option. Not because it's Android, but because they're apps that are not supported by the developers on a BlackBerry.
Things go in cycles. I had my Windows phones cycle, then I had my BlackBerry cycle and now I'm in my iPhone cycle. This is the most satisfying user experience I've ever had. So I just don't see myself leaving. Apple would have to really do something outrageous to get me to leave, like having me load unsupported apps because they exit the App Store.
Just take it slowly and breathe if you get frustrated. There is usually more than one way to accomplish what you want. It may be native or it may be an app.
And if you ever want to go back to Blackberry you'll know you took your time in making the decision.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well don't jump too quickly before exploring the phone fully. Personally I can't imagine ever going back but I'm a different person than you. The very fact that I have to load Android apps means that it's not an option. Not because it's Android, but because they're apps that are not supported by the developers on a BlackBerry.
Things go in cycles. I had my Windows phones cycle, then I had my BlackBerry cycle and now I'm in my iPhone cycle. This is the most satisfying user experience I've ever had. So I just don't see myself leaving. Apple would have to really do something outrageous to get me to leave, like having me load unsupported apps because they exit the App Store.
Just take it slowly and breathe if you get frustrated. There is usually more than one way to accomplish what you want. It may be native or it may be an app.
And if you ever want to go back to Blackberry you'll know you took your time in making the decision.

Aww man, the apps issues with BB... I never put any Android apps on my Q10. I think I accidentally had one, ONE. It slowed my phone to a crawl, I had to scrutinize every app on my device to figure it out, so I deleted it and that was that.
I was using my Q10 only with the apps it came with, and when I really needed apps, I would fire up the hotspot on my iTouch or later on use my iPad Air, which has cellular.

Still, I loved the Q10 keyboard, never had a single typo with it. I liked the portability, but the screen size was just to small for my eyes. And I did find that where my iPhone and Android using friends on the same carrier as me could take a while to get connection in certain areas, my Q10 always connected in record time.
I found the camera to be very respectable, too.

So, should anything happen to my iPhone that can't be overcome, I still have it. Right now though I must admit it's more like a tech security blanket, I don't need it but it's there anyway, lol.

The good news is I'm learning new things everyday about my iPhone, I'm speed texting like teenager and enjoying using my phone instead of dreading it. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73