can't seem to leave iOS :(

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I was a big blackberry fan and since I used apple I can't change... :0 I tried android too ( galaxy s4 mini)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
OP, you've had plenty of time gathering information on what the benefits of using each OS and the devices they're available on (I'm basing this off of other questions in threads you've asked on this forum). If you want to keep trying to convince yourself that you might like Android as a standalone OS to use in your daily life, it should have run its course by now. Just enjoy iOS for what it is and stop trying to figure out reasons to use something else. It's like when a guy breaks up with his girl because he thinks what is out there has better potential for him and he sleeps around yet he keeps thinking about his ex gf and wanting to go back to her.

Bottom line: Just keep having great sex with iOS

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly justify staying with iOS, to me, it's really an acquired taste. You must be willing to fork out the bucks for the devices.

This is probably the best quote so far in the thread!

I buy all of my devices outright and cannot seem to justify the price/performance ratio. I have iPad and iPod which I rarely use - my other family members use it. I am a WP (for phone) and Android (for tablet user). I think iOS is very stable but the overall OS fluidity is better on WP - features and apps are still behind and that is why the N7 tablet.

Having said all of that, I am going to try out the iPhone 6 to see what the fuss is all about:)

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Something about a phone being unveiled at 1AM doesn't intrigue me for some reason.

Phone was unveiled earlier but there was an embargo as they had multiple events around the globe specifically related to Moto G in Brazil and India where the Moto G is a runaway bestseller...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I feel you OP. I have decided to stop switching phones and platforms. It is the iPhone, iPad, and iOS for me from now on. I keep going to Android thinking that it will finally be better and it is much improved, but it just doesn't compare to iOS and Apple hardware. I'm not even going to think about switching again. When iOS 8 drops it will be even better. Love all of the new features coming out.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been in exactly the same boat and every other device I get, something annoys me and changes my mind set. I sold my iPhone 5 back in July and bought an LG G3. At first I loved it, told everyone how great it was and how it beat the hell out of the iPhone. Ten days later it was starting to annoy me, dropped signal strength at home, strange things happening when charging. Bluetooth audio streaming was glitchy and my Bluetooth heart rate monitor struggled at times ruining my workout records......you guessed it, iPhone never had these issues and just worked.

I now have a Moto G as a temporary phone and will decide where to go next, my heart says an android phone but my head knows me best and that's an iPhone 6. Simple thing is, it works and works well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My primary device is and will always be an iPhone unless they so something stupid like turn their back on native app development. But I do play with other devices on my spare lines.
Nothing beats the iOS experience for me. Not going anywhere.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

metrix

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So, pretty much I've bought a G3, returned the G3 and bought the G3 again. I bought it again due to the fact I didn't feel I gave the phone a fair shake the first time around. Now, im wanting to go back to my 5S! Grr, I hate this. I'm gonna waste 70 bucks on restocking fees. Just to have my same 5S at the end of it.

I wanted to go back to android due to the fact I wanted something different than iOS. But now, I'm missing the fluidity and app performance of iOS. There's just more hitches on the G3 than the 5S and the game performance is smoother. Its frustrating because I don't want to feel beholden to always get apple stuff, but its hard when apple dpretty much makes the ideal phone for me co sidering my wants. Which are battery life, apps, smoothness, OS upgrades, and camera. Yes, iOS isn't as flexible as android, but iOS 8 does bridge the gap pretty well.

So really, I don't know what to do. I'd hate to return this phone again. But I'm not sure if I want to use it instead of iOS now. Espeacily when the iPhone 6 will land in a few weeks.

Do you feel its hard to move away from apple and iOS? What might be your suggestion for me?

I feel your pain OP. It's frustrating when your choice isn't cut & dry like most on these forums.

Both platforms have their merits and when it comes down to it, they both do the same thing. I've gone back and forth myself for the past month trying to decide on what to replace my aging 4s with. I've always been a Mac user and I've always loved the iPhone. However, I like to try new things.

My .02 cents: If you're feeling the itch this badly to try Android or anything else, go for it. Just be prepared to make some changes and perhaps some sacrifices. When it all comes down to it, both platforms are mature enough to give you what you need.

Oddly enough I'm in the same boat as you and I'm trying to decide between the G3 and the iP6+. Pretty sure I'll end up getting the iPhone because of the LG update situation, or lack thereof. However I think this may be my last iPhone. Getting tired of paying way too much for a phone

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain OP. It's frustrating when your choice isn't cut & dry like most on these forums.

Both platforms have their merits and when it comes down to it, they both do the same thing. I've gone back and forth myself for the past month trying to decide on what to replace my aging 4s with. I've always been a Mac user and I've always loved the iPhone. However, I like to try new things.

My .02 cents: If you're feeling the itch this badly to try Android or anything else, go for it. Just be prepared to make some changes and perhaps some sacrifices. When it all comes down to it, both platforms are mature enough to give you what you need.

Oddly enough I'm in the same boat as you and I'm trying to decide between the G3 and the iP6+. Pretty sure I'll end up getting the iPhone because of the LG update situation, or lack thereof. However I think this may be my last iPhone. Getting tired of paying way too much for a phone

The iPhone is expensive. But I have found that in the long run, it is worth the money. Just the fact that it is mostly trouble free gives me a piece of mind that is worth the extra bucks.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen