WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Haha it's sad to admit, but I'd be the same way :)

It would really be hard to do this for us on this forum, but I think that the average user does this without thinking. My ex wife only has a 5S because I bought her one. If it were up to her, she would have kept her 4 and would have been quite happy with it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What kind of impact would the following pledge have on your life and even the mobile industry as a whole?

I pledge to:

1. Not upgrade my phone/tablet unless I NEEDED (not because I want or because I am eligible) to upgrade.
Not gonna happen...(laughing)...Granted, I hold onto devices much longer than I used to, but I'm a fan of getting what you want when you can.
2. Only to buy accessories upon initial purchase of mobile devices based on protective and functional needs. And with the idea that they would only be replaced upon damage or failure to perform as they did in the original state in which items were purchased.
This has no effect on me. All of the accessories that I currently have (Bluetooth Keyboard, earphones & charging cable) works will my iOS devices and I don't use any protective covers or screen shields on my iOS devices.
3. To only buy/download apps that I actually use.

Just those three things. What kind of impact would it have? Bad or good? What are your thoughts?
I can easily do that because I only keep apps that I frequently use on my device. However, it would effect me in this manner: When developers place their apps on sale or offer apps for free that I may have been considering, I usually get them at that time and then decide if I'll use them on a regular basis or not, and if not, I delete the from my device, but can always go back to using them if I need to.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It would really be hard to do this for us on this forum, but I think that the average user does this without thinking. My ex wife only has a 5S because I bought her one. If it were up to her, she would have kept her 4 and would have been quite happy with it.

My wife is the exact same way

Sent from my iPad Mini

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I decided to hang on to my 5s as well the six size is not appealing to me and the upgrades are minimal and I'm sad to say the 5s is more pleasing to the eye than the new phones at least in picture but I'm sure when I hold one my thoughts might change

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I decided to hang on to my 5s as well the six size is not appealing to me and the upgrades are minimal and I'm sad to say the 5s is more pleasing to the eye than the new phones at least in picture but I'm sure when I hold one my thoughts might change

I like the size of the new iPhone. Especially the bigger one. But I really like my current iPhone and don't think that I really need to upgrade. The 5S is doing everything I need.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I took my case off today on my 5s and am going to let nature take its course... Should it break then dammit I gotta make a move towards the 6s... Should it hold up then I guess I'm waiting for the 6s Plus

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I took my case off today on my 5s and am going to let nature take its course... Should it break then dammit I gotta make a move towards the 6s... Should it hold up then I guess I'm waiting for the 6s Plus

Every time I see the iPhone in its naked state I just can't help but admire its beauty.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So I just did what I said I wasn't going to do. Just preordered the iPhone 6+. Ugh. I really wanted to wait until next year. But I have been wanting to switch carriers for a while. Not that I don't like AT&T, but I wanted unlimited data. So now I am going to be with T-Mobile and I signed up for the jump program so I can get the new iPhone next year as well. So much for taking the pledge.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So I just did what I said I wasn't going to do. Just preordered the iPhone 6+. Ugh. I really wanted to wait until next year. But I have been wanting to switch carriers for a while. Not that I don't like AT&T, but I wanted unlimited data. So now I am going to be with T-Mobile and I signed up for the jump program so I can get the new iPhone next year as well. So much for taking the pledge.

I'm in the same boat.... The more I see pictures and hear people talk about it the more I'm getting amped up to buy one. I'm gonna be smart about this one though and figure out which phone I want cause I don't want to be buying both versions of the 6 lol.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I like to spoil myself, hence buy myself a new iPhone each year then give away the last one. Life is to short. Have fun with technology until your too old to understand what's going on lol

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I like your theory. But I want to start spending my money on other things, not just tech. I spend so much money on it and get very little in return. I probably could get along just fine with whatever device I had two years ago.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
We are in this fight together. AA (appleanonymous) we just need to get sponsorship buddies who will help one another overcome the urges to purchase new phones, and cases.