Apple stock rising

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am the owner of multiple Apple devices. Does that not make me part of the "community"? If not, how do I get to join? If it helps, I am probably the beneficial owner of some Apple shares.

You serve your role here just fine (albeit a bit lackluster, but that's on you)...every community needs a troll. Keeps members on their feet, and provides some humor from time to time.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Every community has its leaders, Its members, its contributors, its agitators.

Your posts would suggest that you have given yourself the role of agitator in every thread you have been in.

This thread is about Apple's stock performance in relation to the trolls who come to IMore to instigate. I suggest the nature of your posts would be welcomed without the combative posturing.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am the owner of multiple Apple devices. Does that not make me part of the "community"? If not, how do I get to join? If it helps, I am probably the beneficial owner of some Apple shares.

You continue to document your investment in Apple as if that fact serves to override the words you have spoken since being here. Your feelings and agenda are so blatantly obvious from your very first post:

"Just joined these forums and I see that Apple fans' reputation is justified..."

All anyone has to do is click your post history and the theme of your contributions reek of trolling no matter how much you try and church it up and play the same damn victim role that you elude to in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It totally drives me crazy when android fanboys come on apple forums, troll, and then say "oh, well I can troll all I want because I own an apple device"

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be*Polite,*Understanding,*Patient,*Professional,*Attentive and*Helpful)
• Be polite.*We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
• Be understanding and patient.*You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
• Be a pro.*Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
• Be attentive and helpful.*Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It totally drives me crazy when android fanboys come on apple forums, troll, and then say "oh, well I can troll all I want because I own an apple device"

Don't dare to go to the Android Central forums, and try to defend Apple. I did that, and the mods PERMANENTLY banned me. It is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You continue to document your investment in Apple as if that fact serves to override the words you have spoken since being here. Your feelings and agenda are so blatantly obvious from your very first post:

"Just joined these forums and I see that Apple fans' reputation is justified..."

If you read that thread I think you will agree with me that that post was entirely justified.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you read that thread I think you will agree with me that that post was entirely justified.

That thread began with someone going out of their way to point out to a community devoted to iPhone users why the iPhone wasn't good enough and why he/she was leaving for android. A blatant thumbing of the nose to all he was leaving behind and an insinuation that the product many of us are using is in effect, inadequate. Yet, despite that, 11 of the first 19 comments prior to yours involved people wishing this person best of luck in his new endeavors. Majority of the other 8 were people who were clearly indifferent to his decision. And one post was from one of the nicest, level-headed members of the community who decided to try and inject humor into the thread, of which you quoted with your comment after clearly misunderstanding his stance.

So no, I do not agree with you at all.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apple's been part of my investments off and on. I sold them during their slide but bought back low. I don't see selling any time soon and consider it relatively low risk with dividends being paid. WWDC should have eased anyone's concerns with what's coming with iOS 8 which of course sets the foundation for future products and a significant improvement in apps as well as new kinds of apps. WWDC should have also made Apple a nobrainer to buy if you still had concerns.

Is Apple or iOS perfect? No way. It'd be nice to see certain improvements such as photo mgmt, file mgmt, etc. iMessage continues to be hit and some miss on whether something actually gets sent or received. I don't much care for what Apple is doing with AppleTV in recent months. But again, I go back to wwdc and have faith that they're committed to what was discussed there. Continuity. https://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/continuity/#mn_p

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple's been part of my investments off and on. I sold them during their slide but bought back low. I don't see selling any time soon and consider it relatively low risk with dividends being paid. WWDC should have eased anyone's concerns with what's coming with iOS 8 which of course sets the foundation for future products and a significant improvement in apps as well as new kinds of apps. WWDC should have also made Apple a nobrainer to buy if you still had concerns.

Is Apple or iOS perfect? No way. It'd be nice to see certain improvements such as photo mgmt, file mgmt, etc. iMessage continues to be hit and some miss on whether something actually gets sent or received. I don't much care for what Apple is doing with AppleTV in recent months. But again, I go back to wwdc and have faith that they're committed to what was discussed there. Continuity. https://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/continuity/#mn_p

And THAT is what consumers and "the street" react to. The fact that they provide and improve on what consumers value. Tecchies don't increase a company's value, consumers buying the products and buying into the ecosystem do. And here is the evidence.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Please answer my question.

I did answer your question, and quite clearly as well. You're the equivalent REDACTED, kicking up dirt and then saying "I have a couple of black co-workers, does this not make me part of your community?"

You know exactly why you're being responded to in this light, and you know exactly why people have now generally labeled you a troll here. I can see, especially in the other thread about marketshare, that you're attempting to back track a bit so you can seem less obvious, but it's not going to work...

Last edited by a moderator:

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
That thread began with someone going out of their way to point out to a community devoted to iPhone users why the iPhone wasn't good enough and why he/she was leaving for android. A blatant thumbing of the nose to all he was leaving behind and an insinuation that the product many of us are using is in effect, inadequate. Yet, despite that, 11 of the first 19 comments prior to yours involved people wishing this person best of luck in his new endeavors. Majority of the other 8 were people who were clearly indifferent to his decision. And one post was from one of the nicest, level-headed members of the community who decided to try and inject humor into the thread, of which you quoted with your comment after clearly misunderstanding his stance.

So no, I do not agree with you at all.

Wow - ok. This is getting kind of creepy. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or a little scared that you put so much time into researching me, but it's certainly off topic.

Let's continue like this:
If you wish to continue discussion about the other thread, you should do it there.
If you wish to talk about Apple's rising share price, here is a good place.
If you wish to send insults and analyses of my past posts, I think private message would be most appropriate.

Sometimes it's better just to disagree with someone rather than getting so obsessed.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow - ok. This is getting kind of creepy. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or a little scared that you put so much time into researching me, but it's certainly off topic.

Let's continue like this:
If you wish to continue discussion about the other thread, you should do it there.
If you wish to talk about Apple's rising share price, here is a good place.
If you wish to send insults and analyses of my past posts, I think private message would be most appropriate.

Sometimes it's better just to disagree with someone rather than getting so obsessed.

Oh it doesn't take much at all to find such things, especially when it comes to calling out someone else on their bs. That is clearly what inspired your cute little post as you danced around the rest. While I agree with you that spending even an ounce of time on anything dealing with you is a waste, it wasn't much time at all.

You've been off topic since you've joined imore. Try taking in some lessons before giving them. It'll work wonders for you.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it funny how people who like to instigate become sudden etiquette experts. Luckily in this forum such posters are not allowed to disrupt. There are no appeasers here.

Very interesting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR