I'm actually considering selling on the spike over the next couple of weeks and then re-buying in early 2015 on the typical winter lull. I've toyed with the idea in the past, but I think I might pull the trigger this year and take some profit to move around.
    08-25-2014 01:57 PM
    I'm actually considering selling on the spike over the next couple of weeks and then re-buying in early 2015 on the typical winter lull. I've toyed with the idea in the past, but I think I might pull the trigger this year and take some profit to move around.
    Not a bad idea. I play a virtual stock market (not real money), and I bought Apple while it was low, and now I've made some serious cash of all my shares. I bought it when it was down at the $60-70 mark, and now it has shot up to over $100 per share
    08-25-2014 08:20 PM
    Oh it's gone over 100 for sure.
    09-02-2014 01:31 PM
    Doesn't look good right now...

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Apple stock rising-screenshot-2-.png  
    09-03-2014 10:42 AM
    Market is reacting to the celebrity picture hacking story. I expected this yesterday. It will correct itself.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-stock-falls-2014-9

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-03-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    09-03-2014 11:07 AM
    Market is reacting to the celebrity picture hacking story. I expected this yesterday. It will correct itself.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-stock-falls-2014-9

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    My how ignorance abounds! And all because some celebs thought it cute to use weak passwords like their dog's name or some such nonsense.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-03-2014 11:54 AM
    My how ignorance abounds! And all because some celebs thought it cute to use weak passwords like their dog's name or some such nonsense.

Yeah when will celebrities (or anyone really) learn that if you don't want naked pics to show up on the Internet then don't take them!!! Otherwise, someone, somehow will find them and put them there.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-03-2014 12:11 PM
    The stock market is full of the same idiots that we see in our every day lives...the same idiots that react to media witch hunts with shallow reporting (like what we saw with these leaks). The beauty is, they also suffer from extreme ADD, and will have forgotten about these leaks by next Tuesday, LOL!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-03-2014 12:22 PM

Not only weak passwords, social engineering/phishing is ubiquitious. It is extremely easy to be fooled into giving up information. Heck, it happened to me a month ago at work, I failed a test email sent to illustrate how sophisticated current attempts are.

But that doesn't matter to the anti Apple trolls. They've gone nuts with this. In some cases, sure, it's not an issue for their platform because, simply, they are not worth the effort. Fact is, there are two dominant platforms and both have cloud solutions integrated into the platform. A third has a cloud solution but the platform is just not as mainstream. And the third....well....you can't be more secure than the absence of a true cloud solution. Security by obscurity is not security.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-03-2014 12:44 PM
    Yeah when will celebrities (or anyone really) learn that if you don't want naked pics to show up on the Internet then don't take them!!! Otherwise, someone, somehow will find them and put them there.
    Hard lesson. Not trying to blame the victims, but that is a fact. I wouldn't necessarily say don't take them, just be ultra careful.
    09-03-2014 12:46 PM
    The stock market is full of the same idiots that we see in our every day lives...the same idiots that react to media witch hunts with shallow reporting (like what we saw with these leaks). The beauty is, they also suffer from extreme ADD, and will have forgotten about these leaks by next Tuesday, LOL!
    Very few know the implications of weak passwords or how to guard against social engineering. Fewer understand how cloud storage works and how to protect it.

With all that's happened, I agree with you. I expect the stock will correrct itself even before next Tuesday.

So....I can't wait for mine. And I'm staying away from Nilla wafers....
    09-03-2014 12:49 PM
    Bought more Apple shares yesterday. Hard to pass up on the dip.
    09-04-2014 10:28 AM
    Not only weak passwords, social engineering/phishing is ubiquitious. It is extremely easy to be fooled into giving up information. Heck, it happened to me a month ago at work, I failed a test email sent to illustrate how sophisticated current attempts are.

But that doesn't matter to the anti Apple trolls. They've gone nuts with this. In some cases, sure, it's not an issue for their platform because, simply, they are not worth the effort. Fact is, there are two dominant platforms and both have cloud solutions integrated into the platform. A third has a cloud solution but the platform is just not as mainstream. And the third....well....you can't be more secure than the absence of a true cloud solution. Security by obscurity is not security.
    Yep! I got an email recently that appeared to be from Apple. It was phishing for my Apple ID. It came in on my Gmail inbox rather than direct to Junk because I have Apple as a contact. But I knew right away it was phishing spam.

09-04-2014 10:35 AM
    Sorry to be following off-topic, but as for security by obscurity, most malware is written to attack Windows, Android is 2nd place down there at less than 10% of Windows malware share, so it seems that security by obscurity is no protection.
    09-05-2014 03:26 AM
    Oh yah it's inching its way back up. This is an issue for anyone whose password is password1

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-05-2014 10:42 AM
65 123