I thought this was interesting...

From the Washington Post: Why surveillance companies hate the iPhone - The Washington Post

Now I believe that if the government really wants to get access to the contents of my iPhone, they will. But it's nice to know that Apple makes it tough for them.

To be fair, the article points out that an up-to-date Android phone that only purchases apps from the Google Play store is also relatively safe (as long as you are a relatively savvy user who knows how to turn on Android's full disk encryption).
    08-12-2014 09:31 AM
    Great article, and I'm in agreement with you Karen.....Thanks for sharing it.
    08-12-2014 09:46 AM
    Good read, thanks for sharing. Just one more reason I choose Apple products and services
    08-12-2014 11:01 AM
    Karen, thanks for sharing the article.
    08-15-2014 12:30 AM
    You should read some of the comments on that article. Pure baloney haha
    08-15-2014 12:55 AM
    Thanks Karen, very good read.
    08-15-2014 01:24 AM
    Yup, interesting read. I do buy with security in mind which is the reason I do not use financial apps on my Android devices and would NEVER use third party sources. One of the reasons I gave up on BlackBerry. I know I am safe on my stock iPhone and iPad.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    08-15-2014 07:20 AM
    Yup, interesting read. I do buy with security in mind which is the reason I do not use financial apps on my Android devices and would NEVER use third party sources. One of the reasons I gave up on BlackBerry. I know I am safe on my stock iPhone and iPad.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    I always was worrying about using my mobile banking app on Android, and is part of the reason I didn't switch. I know that my info will be secure on iOS, whereas on Android, I have to worry about it. Anything to do with finances on Android worries me a little.
    08-15-2014 03:01 PM
    I always was worrying about using my mobile banking app on Android, and is part of the reason I didn't switch. I know that my info will be secure on iOS, whereas on Android, I have to worry about it. Anything to do with finances on Android worries me a little.
    Why were you worried? Was the banking app nor directly from the bank?
    08-16-2014 10:06 AM
    Why were you worried? Was the banking app nor directly from the bank?
    It is from the bank directly, but I still feel like it's sketchy to do anything involving finances on Android. Maybe I am just too paranoid, but that's just how I feel towards it.
    08-16-2014 12:55 PM
    It is from the bank directly, but I still feel like it's sketchy to do anything involving finances on Android. Maybe I am just too paranoid, but that's just how I feel towards it.
    You do realize there's two sides to that connection, correct? If you were seeking to steal financial information, would you be more likely to target the user or the bank? Which is more likely to produce a larger result?

Or, look at the recent "hacks." Most weren't directly at you or the bank. Rather, they were mass collected from larger companies with a large database of customers. You're making a change that offers minimal gain. You'd essentially have to remove yourself from society to avoid financial threats these days.
    08-17-2014 03:48 PM