Why pay $700 for an iPhone when....?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think repair ability is just about the last thing on consumers' mind when it really gets down to it...

I never mentioned anything about the relevance of repairability to the consumer...I offered this as another example of why some people may pay more for an iPhone vs. the cost of a One PlusOne. Thanks though.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I never mentioned anything about the relevance of repairability to the consumer...I offered this as another example of why some people may pay more for an iPhone vs. the cost of a One PlusOne. Thanks though.
It's true, people do pay more for customer service. Whether it's a factor that is high up the hierarchy of needs remains a debate.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I owned the OnePlus One for a week. Really good phone. Sold it and went back to my iPhone 5S.

It's simply too big and the support if there are issues isn't there.

Support......one of the main reasons I get Apple products. If I buy something I want it fully supported. I want to call someone and get it fixed.

NOBODY does it like Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's true, people do pay more for customer service. Whether it's a factor that is high up the hierarchy of needs remains a debate.

Remains a debate? To who? You alone? I'm pretty certain one of the TOP reasons people buy Apple products is because of the near flawless customer service.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Remains a debate? To who? You alone? I'm pretty certain one of the TOP reasons people buy Apple products is because of the near flawless customer service.

I know that's a huge factor for me. If anything goes wrong with the hardware, software, or anything with the phone, I can just take it in and know I will walk out of the store with a resolution to my problem. Customer service is a top reason for me.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
One of my top reasons to purchase Apple products. For personal and also work, I am in charge of our computer needs. Nothing like having an issue and running to the Apple Store 20 minutes away and having them fix the issue or replace the device, plus I get to go to the Apple Store. :)

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been spending the day pouring over information about the OnePlus One android phone. It's going to launch with cutting edge hardware specs, quality build materials, and a respected version of android free of carrier and OEM bloatware -Cyanogen - and get updates directly. It's already being called significantly better than Google's nexus phones by reviewers who have it so far, and will cost less.

So here's the question. Aside from OS preference or whether you're already invested in android or iOS apps, what incentive is there to buy a $700 iphone , or android for that matter, when they're making this available contract free and unlocked for less than half the price?

You cannot buy it easily! The time you spend either entering your name in a drawing (odds are 130-1) or finding someone to sponsor you to be able to buy one; you might as will go and buy a new iPhone! Complete waste of time!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing with any of the above, but I can't help but wonder if those factors are really worth $400 more.

Get yourself a OnePlus One phone and report your feedback back to us. If indeed you find the phone and its ecosystem better than the iOS and the iPhone then this entire thread is a moot point.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Support......one of the main reasons I get Apple products. If I buy something I want it fully supported. I want to call someone and get it fixed.

NOBODY does it like Apple.

That right! I had to call apple support this morning for my dads iTunes account, and the senior adviser gave me his number if I need to call him back. The support was amazing, and better then the support from any other company I've ever dealt with. One time I wasted well over 8 hours on the phone a freaking stupid Dell support rep, and all he did was install more freaking dell crap ware on my dads business computer. And then the ***** went on a spree about how much better dell laptops are then MacBooks. I subsequently chewed him out lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73