They do have a return window.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    My carrier has a limit of 50 MB of data usage for returns.
    08-10-2014 03:46 PM
    Using a device every day all day for two weeks seems to be sufficient enough time to be able to discern if the device is going to work for you. I can usually tell after a day or two if this device is going to work for me.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    'Nuf said...
    08-10-2014 03:49 PM
    That's the only thing I can think of at this point. I'm honestly surprised there still part of mobile nations honestly. There's just nothing happening there.
    There are many new things that BlackBerry has been accomplishing as of lately and are continuing to grow.
    Good OL MC likes this.
    08-10-2014 08:25 PM
    Blackberry has a niche for business users wanting physical keyboards. I think they have that down pat, which isn't bad...

Problem is that even these business people are being fed iPhones at work..
    08-10-2014 10:39 PM
    Blackberry has a niche for business users wanting physical keyboards. I think they have that down pat, which isn't bad...

Yeah I personally can't see blackberry ever becoming on par with the phones now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-10-2014 11:02 PM
    Looks like the margin on Samsung phones are higher than Apple's
    08-11-2014 07:07 AM

Exactly. The company my dad works for has slowly started transitioning away from Blackberry to iPhone. They have been giving them the 5c, and there is almost unanimous positive reactions.
    Speedygi likes this.
    08-11-2014 10:16 AM
    Sprint is quietly offering iPhone 4 and 4s high value customers free upgrades to 5s but I think that's because they have to move a certain number of units they are contractually required to buy. I know the salespeople don't care, they just want to sell a line and make bonus. What's really gonna be a challenge for the carriers and for Apple are the next generation of $200 "good enough" smartphones which will help free people from the need to enter into a contract because they cannot come up with $650 at once.
    Good OL MC likes this.
    08-11-2014 02:34 PM
    The bloatware explanation makes the most sense.

Apple phones are more expensive, but they run nicely with just their own stuff on it... (Unlocked iPhones are the best of all worlds now.)
    08-11-2014 05:16 PM
    The bloatware explanation makes the most sense.

Apple phones are more expensive, but they run nicely with just their own stuff on it... (Unlocked iPhones are the best of all worlds now.)
    For sure. Bloatware is a big drawback of buying a carrier-locked Android phone. Bloatware is useless and takes up a lot of space. The iPhone doesn't have any bloatware from carriers, which I love. I gotta agree, unlocked iPhones really are the best
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    08-11-2014 06:18 PM
    For sure. Bloatware is a big drawback of buying a carrier-locked Android phone. Bloatware is useless and takes up a lot of space. The iPhone doesn't have any bloatware from carriers, which I love. I gotta agree, unlocked iPhones really are the best
    Well from the carriers point of view, bloat ware is a gift from God(and Google) lol
    Flow39 and Derrick4Real like this.
    08-11-2014 06:23 PM
    This does not surprise me at all. Every time I go into a carriers store I see the iPhone stands in the back of the store. Maybe because the iPhone sells itself. Verizon definitely pushes Android devices more than other device manufactors
    08-11-2014 06:29 PM
    carriers have been urging smartphone buyers to go with Samsung (and others) rather than the iPhone.
    Their opinions mean nothing to me. I don't ask for them and I've never been offered them. I wear headphones in stores which is the universal symbol for "salesmen don't come talk to me." I know what I want. I do my research and demo phones. I'm not going to be sold a phone. They'd have an easier time selling Ice to an Eskimo.
    08-13-2014 05:49 AM
    I have a friend that works for telus ( a Canadian carrier ) and I asked her this morning why they do not push iPhone and have demos in store and she said its because Apple does not allow third party companies to promote their phones or tablets without being certified to do so by apple. Apple likes running their own commercials, and if you are to have a stand displaying apple products they want to approve it. Some companies ignore their policy and display them anyways but it is a rule they have in place so people do not display or promote the phones wrong. I can see this as being true because apple is a very picky company. Wal mart, best buy, and big chains obviously have went through the process of having it approved for display

08-13-2014 01:44 PM
    I have a friend that works for telus ( a Canadian carrier ) and I asked her this morning why they do not push iPhone and have demos in store and she said its because Apple does not allow third party companies to promote their phones or tablets without being certified to do so by apple. Apple likes running their own commercials, and if you are to have a stand displaying apple products they want to approve it. Some companies ignore their policy and display them anyways but it is a rule they have in place so people do not display or promote the phones wrong. I can see this as being true because apple is a very picky company. Wal mart, best buy, and big chains obviously have went through the process of having it approved for display

That's interesting!
    08-13-2014 01:46 PM
    That's interesting!
    Yes and furthermore most carriers main stores will display them but there are a lot of business that sell and do contracts for sprint, verizon, telus, Rogers that are not official carrier stores. They are private business's licensed to do contracts and sell carrier phones. For example my local telus store has a big telus logo outside the building but on the receipt it's called Midwest communications.

08-13-2014 01:49 PM

That's cool to know. It makes sense that they wouldn't allow just anyone to promote the iPhone.
    08-13-2014 03:13 PM
    That's cool to know. It makes sense that they wouldn't allow just anyone to promote the iPhone.
    No and that's why you never see apple in any commercials hardly because they don't allow it. They like to be in control of advertisement

08-13-2014 03:34 PM

Companies are also moving away from BlackBerry because of the uncertainty that they'll be around in the near future. My company recently announced that they will no longer deploy BBs.

Sent from my Awesome iPhone 5!
    Speedygi likes this.
    08-13-2014 06:17 PM
    Companies are also moving away from BlackBerry because of the uncertainty that they'll be around in the near future. My company recently announced that they will no longer deploy BBs.

Sent from my Awesome iPhone 5!
    There are a lot of companies doing this lately. Bigger companies, such as Ford, and smaller companies as well. This doesn't bode well for BB's future.
    08-13-2014 11:37 PM
    I've gone to several Verizon stores across the country & I've never had a rep push a device on me. Maybe I just have that "don't mess with me look" LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-16-2014 07:25 PM
    I've gone to several Verizon stores across the country & I've never had a rep push a device on me. Maybe I just have that "don't mess with me look" LOL
    Aaaah, YES you do. SMILE (just kidding). LOL
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-16-2014 08:15 PM
    Aaaah, YES you do. SMILE (just kidding). LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-16-2014 08:47 PM
    In all fairness, the newest models are usually pushed the hardest. How many Apple phones were released in Q1? How many Android phones were released in Q1?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-17-2014 03:51 PM
    In all fairness, the newest models are usually pushed the hardest. How many Apple phones were released in Q1? How many Android phones were released in Q1?
    That's a good point to make. Android has many more phones coming out all year long, whereas Apple has 1 phone, maybe 2 (in the case of the 5c) launch per year during Q3/Q4.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-17-2014 04:23 PM
50 12