How many apps are really necessary?

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Obviously, the number of apps you really require depends on your profession, whether you use an iPhone or iPad in addition to a laptop or desktop, and the level of mobility your professional responsibilities demand. I wish it were as easy as saying a physician needs 11 apps or stating that a marketing representative requires one wire-framing app, one mind-mapping program, one note-taking utility, one document app, etc... but it's not that simple.

However, here's what I do know. If you're honest with yourself, you'll likely realize that you don't require four different note-taking apps. One app can fulfill all your note-taking demands.

So, from the community...how many apps do you have on your iPhone? I currently have 89.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have 46 apps. I have three different email clients for three different email addresses. Yes I know I can amalgamate them into one app but this way I totally avoid sending a work email from my personal account by mistake. The decision to use multiple apps was borne out of exactly that error.

I have two note taking apps, the stock one and Evernote. The reason I like Evernote is that I can make a note on my computer and pick it up on my iPad or iPhone instantly.

I have two different news apps, BBC for the UK and LA Times for when I go to Los Angeles, which I do quite a bit.

I have two different browsers, Safari, which I dislike and Atomic Web Browser, which I prefer.

I have two different weather apps, Met Office for the UK and the stock weather app for everywhere else.

Apart from those, every other app I have is not duplicated by another one at all.

Of the stock apps, I do not use Notes, Safari, Stocks, Compass, Facetime, Game Centre or iTunes Store and would happily delete them if I could.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I currently have 310 apps and that is on the low side for me. As I've commented on other threads of this nature, I'm an app hoarder. I also tend to buy apps whenever they become free just in case I need them someday. Of those 310, 77 are photo apps. I'm past due to cull those but just haven't gotten around to it.

Wow.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you ask my Wife that question she would answer none, her iPhone already comes with everything she needs and uses (yea I know). She actually uses her iPhone ...well as a phone. Me on the other hand, I'm not sure, but it's a lot. I remove what I'm not using and if I need it I just go back and get it.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you ask my Wife that question she would answer none, her iPhone already comes with everything she needs and uses (yea I know). She actually uses her iPhone ...well as a phone. Me on the other hand, I'm not sure, but it's a lot. I remove what I'm not using and if I need it I just go back and get it.

Same is the case with my wife with an addition of Whatsapp and Facebook! I mean, just two apps apart from native ones! Lol

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1407400758.294890.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1407400768.478455.jpg out of 121 apps I probably use four enough to confided them necessary.

alienblue
Notes(my wifi password is there)

Hostels what good is having all these apps if I've got no use for them

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got 94 apps; 53 are games, 4 are social, 6 are sports, 22 are streaming, 9 are utilities. Do I use all my apps? Yes at some point I have. Do I use all my apps daily? No.
On my 3rd gen iPod touch I remember at one point I was upto 140 apps though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 134 3rd party apps. 33 are photo/photography apps, 21 games, 16 productivity and others. I do keep some on screen I seldom use. I have some in my purchased list I use that I don't keep on my screen. I download specials that are free for a day. Some I keep on my screen and some I delete and store for future use.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
56 is enough for me now. Would probably get more than if I upgrade to 64GB or something.

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I do know one thing, my next iPhone will be no less than a 64GB or more if available. Smile

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do know one thing, my next iPhone will be no less than a 64GB or more if available. Smile

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
Spencer, I started with an 8 gb iPhone 4. Used it about 1 1/2 years. Upgraded last August to the 16 gb iPhone 5. I'm ready, like you, for some space. Even if just 32 gb. That would be huge for me, because I don't put a lot of music on my phone. But I am an app person. They continue to amaze me. And they are getting better and bigger in size. Facebook was about 23 mb when I got my first iPhone. Now it's 104 mb before any added stuff. Most of my apps are getting bigger with each update. Plus all those new apps I just gotta have. I want the 64 gb. It would probably have to be the 4.7" model due to high costs and empty pockets. Or! I may get a 64 gb 5s if Verizon offers them free on contract, then save a bit more and get an iPad. I can deal with a 5s phone if I had an iPad. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative