Hold it for a second, what's this? Android winning in Web usage?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Android can win market share, profit share, total shipments, web usage, App Store revenue, mobile purchasing etc. Heck, android can win popularity contests, commercial of the year and cure diseases.

As long as Apple continues to offer me products like the iPhone in the same standards as it has to this point, I don't give one s**t about android and it's accomplishments.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Android phones are garbage. Tried helping a co-worker today with hers and I wanted to "accidentally" drop it in the toilet. I'm sure it would've been an improvement....

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I love the iPhone, and that's not going to change. The quality, ease-of-use, and the "it just works" of Apple's products keeps me coming back. I don't care, like Finn said, about any of the so-called accomplishments of Android. As long as Apple keeps making great stuff, I'll keep buying them.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not some blind, rabid Apple fanboy that would repo his Grandma's house if Apple were to offer the next gen iPhone months before release, but I do like their products.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Statistics don't always show the real world as it is. Take politics. Every party can use statistics to prove their case on the same issue. There are stats that make the iPhone look great as well. I hear this kind of BS and just think yada yada yada!!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about the statistics.. Use what you want. It hurts to see people arguing over what platform to use.. Lol.

The iPhone is more popular in it's own respective categories.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy the fact that both platforms push each other to do better. I used to be closed minded to strictly apple but to be honest both os's have their merits.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
However, that isn't the complete story.

So yes, there are many more Android devices on the market than there are Apple devices but if you select one device, like the brand new flagship Samsung Galaxy S5 and pit it again the iPhone 5S, you will see that reports indicate that in its first full month after release, the Samsung S5 STILL didn't outsell the eight month old iPhone 5S.

There are hundred and hundreds of different Android devices from a ton of different manufacturers and if you gang ALL of those up against Apple then of course they will outsell, outstrip and do everything ten times more than Apple. It's not rocket science and I think it is incredibly disingenuous for the mass media to report this as anything other than an 'interesting curio.'

Personally, I would much rather than my beautifully designed, fantastically built, robust and gorgeous iPhone than pretty much any other smartphone out there.

But perhaps that's just me (and probably most of us too) :)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why that is a win. Considering the amount of Android devices on the market and the fact they only now wining I'm webshare, speaks well of iOS. Who cares about these metrics anyhow. As long as Apple continues making great devices, I am a happy camper.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess nobody ever checks the numbers:
"if only by under 1%. The Android platform accounted for 44.62% of July?s traffic, while Apple fell behind at 44.19%."

Under a half a percent difference. :)
Remember, it's apple against every other smartphone vendor and they are only a half a percent down, about 8 months since the iPhone 5s launch.

Care to guess what's going to happen next month?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I guess nobody ever checks the numbers:
"if only by under 1%. The Android platform accounted for 44.62% of July?s traffic, while Apple fell behind at 44.19%."

Under a half a percent difference. :)
Remember, it's apple against every other smartphone vendor and they are only a half a percent down, about 8 months since the iPhone 5s launch.

Care to guess what's going to happen next month?

I think I have an estimate..

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
hyqa2y8a.jpg

Yup...
That ship is sinking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member