• Wait in Line

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Pre-Order

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
For all the people out there who are Apple product fanatics (pretty much everyone on iMore), on launch day, do you prefer to wait in line or pre-order the next iPhone? Is it something you'd stay up all night in line with a bunch of strangers to get, or would you you rather stay at home in your PJs and buy it online and avoid the lines?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait in line? Heck no!...:)...I have no problem waiting a week or two and then walking in a store and buying what I want or ordering online via my carrier or the Apple Store. Waiting in line on launch day? Ain't happening...lol

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No lines for me.. I'll wait until it hits my local telus store then I will purchase it then

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've waited in line the last several years. For the amusement factor mainly. You meet all sorts of people who also love Apple stuff and I've never had any trouble getting someone to hold my place in line for a bathroom trip, etc.

I read through last year's "Official Waiting in Line for the iPhone 5s" thread and there were lots of people saying how friendly the people are in the lines :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If I'm bored enough, I would wait in line just to pass the time and possibly meet new people along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a blast waiting in line last year but I only went several hours prior to opening. That still placed me third in line.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I will more than likely be waiting in-line if Apple decides not to do preorders like last year. That was ridiculous. Any other year they allow preorders a week before and it's at your door on release day. THATS what I like.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Waiting in line seems like such an archaic use of time now...but I get the appeal of being part of the "hype" and experiencing the event first hand...I'll be pre-ordering as usual.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure yet, but If I wait in line, I might have a chance to be in a Samsung commercial....SMILE

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Never been in line for an iPhone. But when my son was a bit younger we waited in line for the R2D2 Droid. He loves star wars, it was pretty fun. When I retire I'm gonna have to do it just once.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a blast waiting in line last year but I only went several hours prior to opening. That still placed me third in line.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Nice. If I go and wait, I'll probably end up showing up at about 9-10 PM the night before. I was reading through a forum on MacRumors and it said at my local Apple Store last year there were only 3 people lined up at 11:30 PM, so I'd probably be first in line haha :)

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I got to experience waiting in line last year and it was great! I had fun but...it's waiting...in line...so no I probably won't do it again. At least I can say I've done it though.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR