iMore vs AC members by the numbers

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is merely curiosity based on something I noticed today, and nothing more. I hopped onto Android Central to see what was being discussed about the upcoming Note 4 when I noticed that for the site as a whole 38,659 members were currently online (3,837 members and 34,822 guests). This made me curious so I looked to see what iMore's numbers were. 5,614 users online (204 members and 5,410 guests).

Is this due to android having so, so many different devices? Could it be that the type of user who chooses the iphone as his/her daily driver is typically different from the average android user? Are android users perhaps more "techy"?

Just curious what others thought. No hidden agenda here and not the most intersting of topics that is for sure. Just bored and happened to notice that today.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably. It's been a tad slow here at iMore, but it's overall activity ebbs and flows. With the release of the next iPhone allegedly mere weeks away, many members have already made up their minds in regard to getting it or not. I'm sure there will be more than enough activity after Apple's announcement.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably. It's been a tad slow here at iMore, but it's overall activity ebbs and flows. With the release of the next iPhone allegedly mere weeks away, many members have already made up their minds in regard to getting it or not. I'm sure there will be more than enough activity after Apple's announcement.

Good point D. It was just something that caught my attention.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well...could it be any of the following?

A) A virus on Android has kept people logged in even when they don't view the sight anymore?
B) Malware has infected the user login so one person is actually seen as many users?
C) Some users have created multiple accounts to make it seem like many people are online?
D) All of the above?

P.S. Just having some fun. No offence intended

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Well...could it be any of the following?

A) A virus on Android has kept people logged in even when they don't view the sight anymore?
B) Malware has infected the user login so one person is actually seen as many users?
C) Some users have created multiple accounts to make it seem like many people are online?
D) All of the above?

P.S. Just having some fun. No offence intended

D

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
There will be a spike in iMore visits with the introduction of the iPhone 6, guaranteed. Unlike Android vendors who release products throughout the year and keep the buzz going, Apple tends to be predictable and make major releases or announcements a few times a year. Things will pick up here dramatically when new hardware is announced.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There will be a spike in iMore visits with the introduction of the iPhone 6, guaranteed. Unlike Android vendors who release products throughout the year and keep the buzz going, Apple tends to be predictable and make major releases or announcements a few times a year. Things will pick up here dramatically when new hardware is announced.

I agree

Enjoy the quiet and mundane now because not only is the summer on its last leg but the iPhone release as well as millions updating to iOS8 this site is gonna be like grand central station the day before thanksgiving

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
And sadly it won't all be a blessing. The trolls and complainers come out in droves with the new release.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The Monday Morning Quarterbacks will be here 2 seconds after the announcement of the next iPhone next month. It has gotten to be more increasing these past years. New members, current members, etc. I notice a lot of activity in the current-gen iPhone forums for a good month or so and then it gets dwindled down to the posts and threads about not being able to get one and so forth. I expect all the same this year. Especially posts from people buying previous gen phones that are iCloud locked.

I've never really posted much in Android Central and from I have most of it is more seeking help with something instead of actual discussion like we have here. This product just works without many hitches or problems.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Noticed this as well, went and saw the amount on AC vs here and wondered why. I predict that we'll see the people who only come around on the forums for the iPhone launch and then we won't see them again until next year.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
And sadly it won't all be a blessing. The trolls and complainers come out in droves with the new release.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
Also lets not forget the new group of questions wanting to know how to bypass a locked phone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it's just because Android Central has MANY more devices that have MANY more problems. That has been my experience anyway. I stop by AC on a regular basis because of my Note3. You usually don't here from people that don't have problems unless their diehard Mobile Nations Members....SMILE

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am actually glad that iMore is not as hectic as AC. AC is too busy for me to catch up on all unread posts and doesn't have the pleasant, friendly, and homey feeling as this.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Android has more devices while iMore is just going along pretty steady right now though a little slower than normal. It's the calm before the storm.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that AC has that many active users. Mostly everyone uses XDA, which I love. Android has more devices though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro