Nope, alive and well...just needed a little break is all. You know I had to come back to iMore to watch the tsunami of new device complaints and availability whining commence! I mean "What are we going to do?" if we can't have a new device 2 seconds after midnight on release day? I might actually cram a whole honey baked ham in my eye.
    I can think of a lot better places for you to shove that honey baked ham
    lovenmybabies4 likes this.
    08-03-2014 10:34 PM
    I think if there is an availability problem we should make a new thread about how unprepared Apple was for the release on the hour...EVERY hour...until, say...November.
    2232 threads...would put the iMore servers to the test...
    08-03-2014 10:42 PM
    Nope, alive and well...just needed a little break is all. You know I had to come back to iMore to watch the tsunami of new device complaints and availability whining commence! I mean "What are we going to do?" if we can't have a new device 2 seconds after midnight on release day? I might actually cram a whole honey baked ham in my eye.
    This was a playful thread. I wasn't "whining"about anything.

Sent from my SEXY RED SGIII using Tapatalk.
    08-04-2014 04:22 AM

Who's whining? It's just a fun thread to get out some people's excitement about the new release, instead of bottling it up!
    08-04-2014 05:37 AM

No, this thread was meant in fun, but Sean's right that we will be inundated with whining threads once the phone is announced.
    08-04-2014 06:55 AM

lol...where did this come from? I didn't call anyone out particularly and was just reflecting on a very real event that is coming to iMore in September/October. The post was a general response to what IS coming. Calm down...
    08-04-2014 11:15 AM
    lol...where did this come from? I didn't call anyone out particularly and was just reflecting on a very real event that is coming to iMore in September/October. The post was a general response to what IS coming. Calm down...
    Telling people to "calm down" generally has the opposite effect.
    08-04-2014 11:25 AM
    I'm having trouble trying to see what Sean did here to ruffle everyone's feathers? He didn't say anything in directly to anyone and it is true that when the iPhone 6 comes out people are going to be whining. It's a well known fact
    08-04-2014 11:28 AM
    That's fine...don't calm down if that's your choice. Do me a favor though, try not to take things so personally when nothing I said was even remotely directed at you at all...I'm still quite confused as to how you took what I said and understood it as me saying you were whining. Very weird.
    08-04-2014 11:43 AM
    I'm having trouble trying to see what Sean did here to ruffle everyone's feathers? He didn't say anything in directly to anyone and it is true that when the iPhone 6 comes out people are going to be whining. It's a well known fact
    It's not everyone...it's just this one person, and I'm also have trouble trying to figure out why exactly it happened.
    08-04-2014 11:46 AM
    It's not everyone...it's just this one person, and I'm also have trouble trying to figure out why exactly it happened.
    I'll tell you what happened. You disappeared for a while, and then opted to return with a bang. Has the bumble bees' quest to win a division title cause you to shake up this thread?.....What the heck!
    08-04-2014 11:54 AM
    I'll tell you what happened. You disappeared for a while, and then opted to return with a bang. Has the bumble bees' quest to win a division title cause you to shake up this thread?.....What the heck!

Let's be honest, with Paul Johnson still at the helm, NOTHING GT does could shake up even a bottle of soda, lol! Thankfully, the Pelicans seem about as relevant.

Also, if this was my "bang"...lord have mercy, I'm not sure some will be able to handle the coming device release here on the forum!
    08-04-2014 11:58 AM

Let's be honest, with Paul Johnson still at the helm, NOTHING GT does could shake up even a bottle of soda, lol! Thankfully, the Pelicans seem about as relevant.

Also, if this was my "bang"...lord have mercy, I'm not sure some will be able to handle the coming device release here on the forum!
    (laughing)...That's messed up.......Alright, I'll get back on topic, but this ain't over, beekeeper...
    08-04-2014 12:01 PM
    I don't anticipate that Space Gray will be in short supply, like I said in an earlier post, but if it is, I guarantee I'll be waiting in line for it. Oh wait, I was going to do that anyway
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    08-04-2014 05:12 PM
    I don't anticipate that Space Gray will be in short supply, like I said in an earlier post, but if it is, I guarantee I'll be waiting in line for it. Oh wait, I was going to do that anyway
    In my honest opinion I think this time around black is going to be the phone of choice. I feel many people are over the gold.
    08-04-2014 06:01 PM
    In my honest opinion I think this time around black is going to be the phone of choice. I feel many people are over the gold.
    I forgot about that. Hopefully Space Gray isn't too popular though, I don't want to get a color I don't really want.
    08-04-2014 06:57 PM
    I'll be shocked if there aren't any shortages. New Apple devices with an all new form factor and a much requested screen size update are going to sell ridiculously well this year. I think Gold however will be more steadily available as the other colors are because I chalk last years shortage from it being a new color option. It'll be interesting to see which color sells the best but I'm guessing it'll either be Black or Gold.

I don't know about anybody else but a Black+Gold color would look really cool.
    08-06-2014 01:19 PM
    I'm hoping to get the gold 6 when I upgrade my 5. I'm fortunate that I also have the 5s through my job so I didn't have too much of the "upgrade withdrawal" last year. Having a bigger size in the gold color will make me very happy since I had to settle with the silver one on the 5s.
    09-06-2014 12:26 AM
    I'll make sure I get my iPhone on launch day. I'll wake up early and wait in line. I'm assuming there isn't gonna be preorders like last year.
    09-06-2014 12:59 AM
    I'll make sure I get my iPhone on launch day. I'll breaking up early and eating in line. I'm assuming there isn't gonna be preorders like last year.
    Taking all bets! How many days until he trades it for a "superior device" and then comes back!?
    09-06-2014 01:04 AM
    Taking all bets! How many days until he trades it for a "superior device" and then comes back!?
    Nah. Not this time.
    09-06-2014 01:05 AM
71 123