It will be fully unlocked for GSM and LTE. But locked to Verizon for CDMA voice in the US. You should be able to use it just fine on Vodaphone. The only snag could be LTE if Vodaphone uses different LTE bands than the Verizon phone, but even then you would still have 3G voice and data. GSM and LTE are unlocked on Verizon because of a consent decree for a spectrum auction. They don't have a choice.
    A full price ATT phone should also be unlocked even on day one.
    Oh that's true Karen. DUH.....
    Why am I making things difficult for myself?!?!!? That's what Heisenberg said too!!!!!!! . Thank you guys!!!!!

I'm just being such a dufus.....

I'm too excited. I'm hyperventilating here. I'll never make it to September...
    Unlocked CDMA phones don't get 3G on Vodafone India. You would be better off with any GSM carrier's device, rather than Verizon/Sprint, for it to get 3G service out of USA.
    08-02-2014 02:34 AM
    I'm in no rush to get the iPhone 6 as my 5C is great. But I will be pre-ordering the iPhone 6 via Apple website when I can so I don't have to renew my contract with Telus. This way the phone will come when it comes and I don't have to wait in line at the apple store. Double bonus is that my contract with telus will be over in Oct 2015 and I will be free to go wherever I want.
    08-02-2014 02:53 PM
    What if there are problems finding, for example, a gold 64G iPhone 6 like there was with the 5s???? I couldn't get my current iPhone until....like...DECEMBER....

I REALLY hope that Apple has anticipated the demand for the gold devices!!!!
    There is going to be, no doubt about it simply for the fact apple doesn't ramp up production until so close to launch. This is always the case with apple. If they would ramp up production 1-2 months earlier than they currently do, they would be fine for the most part. Not to mention the higher GB versions always seem to be manufactured less since not as many users buy those higher versions.
    08-02-2014 04:10 PM
    I hope they will have enough. I most likely won't have to worry because I want a Space Gray and those are always in plentiful supply
    Agree. Luckily for me Gold is not what I want, so the others are much easier to come by
    08-02-2014 06:18 PM
    Agree. Luckily for me Gold is not what I want, so the others are much easier to come by
    What color are you planning on?
    08-02-2014 07:37 PM
    What color are you planning on?
    Most likely grey, maybe white if all others are sold out. I currently have the space grey model, had a white before that.
    08-02-2014 07:38 PM
    Most likely grey, maybe white if all others are sold out. I currently have the space grey model, had a white before that.
    So you're going from 5S to a 6? What's leading you to upgrade? Is it really that worth it to ya?
    08-02-2014 07:41 PM
    So you're going from 5S to a 6? What's leading you to upgrade? Is it really that worth it to ya?
    Larger screen. 5s is tiny, and I have large hands. I upgrade every year anyway. Sell old phone and upgrade is like getting upgrade price without the contract.
    08-02-2014 07:44 PM
    Larger screen. 5s is tiny, and I have large hands. I upgrade every year anyway. Sell old phone and upgrade is like getting upgrade price without the contract.
    Interesting. You'd get it even if it didn't have a bigger screen?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-02-2014 07:52 PM
    Interesting. You'd get it even if it didn't have a bigger screen?

If it doesn't have a larger screen no. It needs to have a larger screen.
    08-02-2014 07:54 PM
    So aside from the screen, you're content with your 5S?

08-02-2014 07:58 PM
    So aside from the screen, you're content with your 5S?

Battery could be better, but yes pretty content with it. Plus the A7 chip still hasn't been pushed by the OS so still buttery smooth
    08-02-2014 07:59 PM
    Battery could be better, but yes pretty content with it. Plus the A7 chip still hasn't been pushed by the OS so still buttery smooth
    I see.

Well good luck with your new device. (whenever you get it )

08-02-2014 08:06 PM
    I see.

Well good luck with your new device. (whenever you get it )

Thank you. You as well
    08-02-2014 08:07 PM
    I agree with everyone else...it'll be crazy & there will be availability issues as usual. I lucked up & got a gold 5S on launch but I think it was because I got the 64GB. Hopefully, I'll have the same luck this year & I can get the color I want.
    08-02-2014 10:56 PM
    This is about where I am now in the process. 5S is working well overall. I'll likely continue to carry around my Note 3 tethered to the 5S for when I need a bigger screen.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-03-2014 10:05 AM
    This is about where I am now in the process. 5S is working well overall. I'll likely continue to carry around my Note 3 tethered to the 5S for when I need a bigger screen.
    Yeah I would consider getting rid of my tablet with a larger screened iPhone. That way won't need to carry two devices around.
    08-03-2014 02:30 PM
    Yeah I would consider getting rid of my tablet with a larger screened iPhone. That way won't need to carry two devices around.
    No matter what the next screen size is, I don't think I could ever get rid of my iPad. :/
    08-03-2014 04:03 PM
    I keep going back and forth between getting the larger iPhone to avoid getting the Note 4 and araying with the original plan.

We'll see how that goes. But either way the iPhone 6 will be my major tech purchase this year.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app
    08-03-2014 06:44 PM
    No matter what the next screen size is, I don't think I could ever get rid of my iPad. :/
    Oh no way. I LOVE the iPad.

08-03-2014 06:45 PM
    I keep going back and forth between getting the larger iPhone to avoid getting the Note 4 and araying with the original plan.

We'll see how that goes. But either way the iPhone 6 will be my major tech purchase this year.

Agree. Have already been saving up. And since I'm on Verizon with unlimited data it's full price anyway. But selling my old phone should cover at least half the cost of a new iPhone.
    08-03-2014 06:59 PM
    Oh no way. I LOVE the iPad.

Well, you get just about any new device you want. You spoil yourself.

My iPad Mini non Retina has gotten me through so much, how could I ever get rid of it.
    08-03-2014 07:12 PM
    I think if there is an availability problem we should make a new thread about how unprepared Apple was for the release on the hour...EVERY hour...until, say...November.
    08-03-2014 09:20 PM
    I think if there is an availability problem we should make a new thread about how unprepared Apple was for the release on the hour...EVERY hour...until, say...November.
    Sean I thought you was Dead

Good to see your handle
    lovenmybabies4 likes this.
    08-03-2014 09:33 PM
    Sean I thought you was Dead

Good to see your handle
    Nope, alive and well...just needed a little break is all. You know I had to come back to iMore to watch the tsunami of new device complaints and availability whining commence! I mean "What are we going to do?" if we can't have a new device 2 seconds after midnight on release day? I might actually cram a whole honey baked ham in my eye.
    08-03-2014 09:38 PM
71 123