Today I was playing Minecraft Pocket Edition for the first time in a very long time(I have hardly ever played Minecraft, maybe a total of 15 hours and I have had it for like 1 1/2 yrs). I realized that I had some worlds on my iPod that I wanted to transfer over, but with no way to do so other than using third-party software. I went ahead and downloaded iFunBox, which was a recomendation a lot of people had to transfer saved games. After I installed it from the official source (not some third party shady website) it proceeded to install some extra bloatware that I didn't need and it was trying to scan my computer, check files, that kind of stuff, but I didn't notice because it was in the background. Anyway, after transfering a world over to my iPad, I started to worry like I always do. I closed iFunBox, only to see the 3 extra bloatware apps running (thankfully they barely started, so they hadn't had a chance to do anything).

This started to worry me al little, so I searched it up on Google to see if it is safe (AFTER I downloaded it, not too smart) and I saw a page on Apple support communities about how it can access a bunch of stuff in your device without you knowing it. I got a little paranoid at this point, so I went and erased everything on my iPad and restored from an iCloud Backup. Restored everything I had, including all of my accounts(already logged in to all of them, except 1), restored my games, all of my apps, everything. I am so glad I have been using iCloud, it's an awesome service!
    Last edited by Apple_iOS; 07-21-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    07-21-2014 02:08 AM
    Glad it worked out for you, it can be useful.
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:13 AM
    Glad it worked out for you, it can be useful.
    Yes indeed!
    taz323 likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:17 AM
    That's the power of iCloud for ya.
    07-21-2014 07:18 AM
    Glad you were able to get the backup to work for you!
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-21-2014 07:40 AM
    The first time you restore from iCloud you come to realize how efficient and spot on it really is.
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-21-2014 08:19 AM
    I've never had to wipe and restore. If I needed to, how exactly would I get my iCloud back up back on my phone? Is it done by just signing back in to iCloud? Will a restore option show?

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-21-2014 09:14 AM
    I've never had to wipe and restore. If I needed to, how exactly would I get my iCloud back up back on my phone? Is it done by just signing back in to iCloud? Will a restore option show?

You're given the option to restore via iCloud or iTunes shortly after you are greeted with the welcome screen.
    07-21-2014 09:16 AM
    You're given the option to restore via iCloud or iTunes shortly after you are greeted with the welcome screen.
    I see. So I would not need to connect to a computer to restore from iCloud?

07-21-2014 10:13 AM
    I see. So I would not need to connect to a computer to restore from iCloud?

That is correct, sir...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-21-2014 10:14 AM
    The first time you restore from iCloud you come to realize how efficient and spot on it really is.
    Yeah, it restored everything. I expected it to not get everything right, such as leaving a couple apps out of maybe a picture or two, but it restored it all
    kataran likes this.
    07-21-2014 12:51 PM