My wife's parents recently bought a cabin in the north Georgia mountains...when we all go up there to enjoy time with the family, they have one requirement...phones are turned off and put in a drawer before anyone comes in. It works so fantastically, but it drives my wife, her sister and my nephews insane initially. I absolutely love it, and have no problem doing without my phone...I actually left it in there accidentally when we were getting ready to leave last time, and only remembered because my nephew ran out to remind me.

I'm definitely NOT addicted to my smart phone...and while I do love it's features, functions and the way it makes my life easier, I could do without it without any big problem at all if need be.
    08-24-2014 03:50 PM
    I use to never spend time away from it but now I couldn't care less. I leave it all the time.
    08-26-2014 03:34 AM
    I don't use them alot these days... To be honest, I'm more interested in my computers instead and my PS4.
    08-26-2014 06:13 AM
    I'm addicted to my smartphone like I am to my car. It's something I need to use. If that's addiction, then there's no shame in it.
    08-26-2014 08:37 AM
    I have a general tech addiction, with a specific addiction to smartphones and tablets I can't stop researching the latest and greatest phones and comparing and even buying some of them
    rellyrellz likes this.
    08-27-2014 12:43 AM
    I have a general tech addiction, with a specific addiction to smartphones and tablets I can't stop researching the latest and greatest phones and comparing and even buying some of them
    You should come visit me in Singapore, where I work at a smartphone store, and you get a few yourself haha...
    08-27-2014 01:41 AM
    I do! I tend to not stay with phones for long. Never have I completed a two year contract with purchased phone. I'm really trying to make the iPhone 6 (5.5" hopefully) the first phone. Just bought a new car so I need to. I just like new technology.
    08-28-2014 08:07 PM
    I also believe that the reason why I crave other devices is because I don't ever get used to or develop an attachment to any one device because I don't intend to have it that long. So I get into the habit of looking for the next thing. It doesn't help that I am always on forums or blogs looking for what is coming next. I have noticed that I have started to build an attachment to my iOS devices now that I have had them for a few months. Especially with my iPad. I have come to really love it more than any device I have ever owned. My iPhone 5S has been a consistent high performer and I have no complaints about it. So I have not had the urge to switch just yet. I think the longer I keep them, the more I won't want to change. Now as far as my addiction to using them, that will never be cured. I use my iPhone for everything when I am out and about. But I use my Air for everything when I'm in the house or in the office. It is always with me.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    08-30-2014 06:37 PM
    In one word....YES! I stay on my iPhone every minute I'm not eating, sleeping and bathing. My chores do not get done! Heeeeelp!
    Attachment 60709

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    That photo sums it up..LOL
    08-30-2014 07:49 PM
    I do! I tend to not stay with phones for long. Never have I completed a two year contract with purchased phone. I'm really trying to make the iPhone 6 (5.5" hopefully) the first phone. Just bought a new car so I need to. I just like new technology.
    Same here, I don't ever remember going a full two years on any contract.....I might this go round (with my Wife's 5s). I'm not on a contract with my 5s (purchased in full)
    08-30-2014 07:55 PM
    How many of you feel like you are addicted to smartphones? I have long felt that I did. Having 30+ smartphones in the last 4 years. Although, I have slowed down considerably this year. Have had my iPhone 5S for three months now!

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    Not at all. I buy the new iPhone every year when it is released, and then I’m good for another year. No addiction here. (Besides, I can quit any time I want.)
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-30-2014 08:01 PM
    I also believe that the reason why I crave other devices is because I don't ever get used to or develop an attachment to any one device because I don't intend to have it that long. So I get into the habit of looking for the next thing. It doesn't help that I am always on forums or blogs looking for what is coming next. I have noticed that I have started to build an attachment to my iOS devices now that I have had them for a few months. Especially with my iPad. I have come to really love it more than any device I have ever owned. My iPhone 5S has been a consistent high performer and I have no complaints about it. So I have not had the urge to switch just yet. I think the longer I keep them, the more I won't want to change. Now as far as my addiction to using them, that will never be cured. I use my iPhone for everything when I am out and about. But I use my Air for everything when I'm in the house or in the office. It is always with me.

This kind of contradicts your other posts in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...57-pledge.html
    08-30-2014 08:03 PM
    Not at all. I buy the new iPhone every year when it is released, and then I’m good for another year. No addiction here. (Besides, I can quit any time I want.)
    I TOTALLY agree with this post....SMILE
    08-30-2014 08:04 PM
    This kind of contradicts your other posts in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...57-pledge.html
    Doesn't contradict just a question that I posed to the community.

08-30-2014 08:52 PM
    My name is Gebco and I'm a mobile OS addict. In my family we have BlackBerry 10, Android, and iOS. I appreciate what each of them do. I am continually reading about the features of platforms to ensure I'm well educated for my next upgrade. I might buy a cheap WP just to try it out.
    08-31-2014 11:28 AM
    I am definitely an addict, but I'm also a developer, so this is my job. Even playing around with other apps is work - I call it research
    I don't have a problem putting my phone down in social situations though.
    08-31-2014 11:45 AM
    No I am not. The main reason I have a cell phone is that I don't want to miss calls from my mom who is 85, just in case that phone call we all fear comes. Another reason is that I hike a lot and I feel safer when I have a phone with me, just in case I make a bad fall or something.
    The smart aspect of my phone comes second however I appreciate some apps that makes live a bit easier ☺
    08-31-2014 05:57 PM
    30+ sounds kinda unreal :O

I've had my 4s for three years now and the only thing I miss is the slow-mo video of the 5s. I've used 5/5s, but other than the slow-mo, the 4s gives me everything I need. I don't see myself as addicted, since I really enjoy not using my mobile for as long as i can.
    09-02-2014 05:23 AM
    30+ sounds kinda unreal :O

I've had my 4s for three years now and the only thing I miss is the slow-mo video of the 5s. I've used 5/5s, but other than the slow-mo, the 4s gives me everything I need. I don't see myself as addicted, since I really enjoy not using my mobile for as long as i can.
    That's awesome. You sound like you have very healthy habits and boundaries when it comes to using smartphones.

09-02-2014 08:00 AM
    Honestly, I am a smartphone app developer and addict, can't image a day without it.
    09-04-2014 08:32 AM
    Yes , I am addicted.
    09-04-2014 08:47 AM
    Honestly, I am a smartphone app developer and addict, can't image a day without it.
    I don't know if that constitutes being an addict if it is a part of your job. But I guess it would help if you were addicted to the very thing that you made your career out of.

09-04-2014 08:51 AM
47 12