I think that I'm starting to become a fanboy in a way. I'm really enjoying my Apple products now. Even though I'm not enjoying the wait for my iPhone 6 plus to come in the mail. But other than that I haven't had any issues with my iOS devices. I will say that even though I love iOS 8 and all of the features it has brought to my devices. The OS is very buggy. They need to iron out the kinks and quickly.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    10-07-2014 04:10 AM
    I'm not a fanboy and never been. I like technology and try to find that suits my needs with least possible maintenance. I've used Apple devices because they offered me a best possible user experience. I don't dismiss anything just because of the brand or what OS it might have. I used to hate Windows back in the day mostly because of Windows ME, it was such a horrible experience that it ruined subsequent releases for me, I couldn't careless after I was switched to Mac. Once I've tried and used win7 and seeing it was stable and a great OS my hate for the windows vanished.

This old tired battle "This vs That" gets on my nerves. So I try to avoid those types of conversations if possible, unless someone specifically wants an advice/opinion and help. I really don't care what anybody uses or what's the trendy Phone/gadget of the month is. Everyone is different and so is their requirements/needs, so they choose whatever suits them best.

About those Samsung ads, it's cringey, I can't stand it. It was same for me when Apple was doing it year after year in WWDC and with their I'm a Mac, your a PC rubbish (even though I was an Apple customer).

The thing I hate about fanboyism is that they would not except any faults or shortcomings with whatever they are fanboys of. You can't discuss the problems of the particular brand or device. You will get attacked, called names and whole thing suddenly leaves a bad taste, even if you happen to just read it.

It's pointless to argue something over so trivial, life is too short for such things imo.
    10-11-2014 01:38 PM
    I don’t know if "fanboy" applies to me or not. I have and use Apple products almost exclusively - because they work for me. While I’m not shy about sharing my experience with Apple, I can’t say that I actively proselytize on their behalf, either.

I don’t go out of my way to notice what devices others use. Frankly I could care less what anyone uses. I use Apple products (rMBP, iPhone, iPad) because they work for me. If I find something else that works better for me, I’ll switch. Until then, color me .
    10-11-2014 02:02 PM
    I don’t know if "fanboy" applies to me or not. I have and use Apple products almost exclusively - because they work for me. While I’m not shy about sharing my experience with Apple, I can’t say that I actively proselytize on their behalf, either.

I don’t go out of my way to notice what devices others use. Frankly I could care less what anyone uses. I use Apple products (rMBP, iPhone, iPad) because they work for me. If I find something else that works better for me, I’ll switch. Until then, color me .
    Hank, after reading many of your post witch I do like, I’d have to say, you fit the profile of a "fanboy".
    10-11-2014 03:22 PM
    I went through a lot of phones. I am tired of doing so. Since going back to Apple I have had no itch to try something new, I love it the way it is and I can spend my money on other things other than phones that don't work.
    10-13-2014 05:10 AM
    I'm a technology and design person. I like things that look good, and have interesting features. Apple does it for me
    10-13-2014 08:20 AM
    I went through a lot of phones. I am tired of doing so. Since going back to Apple I have had no itch to try something new, I love it the way it is and I can spend my money on other things other than phones that don't work.
    I agree with you there. I have also been one to spend too much money on smartphones in the past and I would like to slow down if I can. I have settled on iOS and I think that's where I'm going to stay for a while.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk
    10-13-2014 08:31 AM
    I do not consider myself a fangirl, but oddly enough, when I was talking with a friend of mine who happens to be a hardware engineer for Apple, he noticed I now have a macbook, an iTouch, an iPad and an iPhone and when he heard I camped out to get my phone he exclaimed "all right! You're a fangirl!"

Well, now. :o
    10-14-2014 09:12 PM
    Here's the plain truth for me: apple products are high class's devices, and are generally used by wealthier people. They are also more or less a status symbol. If I were to get an android, I would never hear the end of it from friends and family, and it would kill me because most poor people that I see in public have androids. I like high class brands (BMW, Saab, under armor, mosey oak, etc etc) and I like shopping at high end malls. So I pretty much like anything that's higher class, including higher class music.

Tl;Dr I am an apple fanboy because I like to associate myself with high class things, and people.
    Also, I don't want it to sound like I only use apple devices for the reasons mentioned. They work the best for me, and I could prove with real facts that OS X is better than windows. iOS and android are = IMO, it just comes down to personal preference for them. But OS X is far superior to windows, and I can back that statement up with facts.
    You've never been to a hippy town before have you. It must be your surroundings that influence you to think this way. I live in Asheville N.C. Hippy central USA on the east coast, and from the poor to the rich to the doctor the drug dealer and the executive chef. We all use iPhones. It's kind of like a movement here. You rarely see and android, and when you do it's because they literally don't want to be like the entire city. Just my two cents on your high class reasoning. Although I do consider the iPhone to be a premium product vs most Android offerings.
    10-14-2014 10:44 PM
84 ... 234