And as I stated earlier, I used to waste a lot of time arguing with apple haters like you ^, but I refuse to get pulled down into a fan war again! It's a waste of time. If you wanna argue, find someone else to argue with.
    07-10-2014 02:36 PM
    I am a huge Apple fan, but not fanboy. Of course, I like their products, I think they perform great and are the best out there. That doesn't mean that I hate Android, because I don't. I have actually changed my mind about the next phone I plan on buying a few times, which started with the iP6, then the N5, then the iP6 again, then the HTC One M8, then back to an iP6. I like both OSes, both offer some stuff that the other one doesn't. It's all a matter of preference.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2014 12:50 AM
    It is the fear of not having made an intelligent purchase that has people banging pots and pans together on the internet. The more noise they make about how good the purchase they made is, the less afraid they feel. Fear is the emotional driver.

Someone being fanatically obssessed with any particular device, or company, is very different, and somewhat rare, in comparison.
    07-11-2014 04:42 AM

I'm a tech fangirl. I don't care what OS it has, what manufacturer, how old the technology is... I want it. I want to try it. I want to modify it. I want to experience what it has to offer.

I don't care what anyone says about my desire to chase technology. That won't hurt my feelings. My pursuit of device knowledge is constantly expanding.

No matter your taste on phones, tablets, computers, cars, etc... just remember that these things are here for us to enjoy. Don't let anyone take that from you.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    07-11-2014 09:11 AM
    I would like people not to take enjoyment of devices away from us, but unfortunately the consumer tech industry is driven by dissatisfaction, and in people purchasing the latest of everything. To me that was a picture of things people have become unhappy with, and replaced with newer things.
    07-11-2014 09:50 AM
    Quoted for truth, for emphasis, and to say that I've just developed another girl crush.....
    Ahh. Thank you. And because i'm secure i my masculinity, I'm happy to be a girl crush.
    Although, lol, i'm now realizing I may have misunderstand the concept all this time. Is a girl crush a crush on a girl or a crush by a girl? I always thought it was on a girl. Regardless. I shall cherish this moment for eons.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    07-11-2014 03:30 PM
    Ahh. Thank you. And because i'm secure i my masculinity, I'm happy to be a girl crush.
    Although, lol, i'm now realizing I may have misunderstand the concept all this time. Is a girl crush a crush on a girl or a crush by a girl? I always thought it was on a girl. Regardless. I shall cherish this moment for eons.
    Welllllll dang it Derrick.....how the H3LL did I EVER get that so wrong?!?! Oh sure I can try to save face here but I won't insult your *obvious* intelligence, grace, and sense of humour.

Let me do two things.....no, three....apologise profusely, tell you that my crush just became all out passion, and promise that I will NEVER post on the forum again without my glasses!!!

MMMUUUAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 03:54 PM
    It does seem a bit wrong, when one sports an iPhone and stands in the welfare line. It's not so much the phone's cost. They're sometimes offered free or discounted. It's the monthly carrier charges. Smartphones are still a luxury. But that's more and more changing to necessity.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    I think it's wrong to assume that these are luxury items. Iphones are now on all the major and many minor carriers making them readily available (in the U.S.). You can get them on prepaid plans too that skew towards lower income brackets. And many retailers like target, best buy, or local outlets and Amazon ( and other online retailers), have deals on all smartphones but specifically iphones that provide good discounts. There's a bundle from Tmobile mentioned on page two or three if imore.com now. My mother got her iphone 5 for free, largely because to her it was simply a new phone and nothing in a iphone 5s mattered to her necessitating one, waiting 3 months for it to come out and two, paying $200 more dollars. A few months back I believe best buy or sprint offered a 5S free with a trade in smartphone. Some carriers will give steep discounts simply for coming from another carrier. You can get a 5c for $49 no making iphones pretty damn approachable for the average person. And if you buy an older model of smartphone of any brand on my carrier there are several that are offered free. And for many people an older model is perfectly satisfactory. Hell i'm still using a 4s and the ONLY thing it's missing that interest me is LTE meaning a 5 would satisfy me the same as a 5s. Honestly if my 4s had LTE i'd see no reason to upgrade. Not for my needs.

As for the carrier charges yep those charges can be a problem. However a savvy shopper can hunt for deals. i'm on Sprint and i pay the exact same rate as i payed with my dumbphone on tmobile which is around $54 dollars a month. Plus I got discount just by googling discounts online when i signed up with Sprint. I actually have more voice minutes (which i rarely use) and still have unlimited text and data. Early on i didn't have a iphone because i couldn't afford AT&T but now it's on sprint and T-mobile and fees aren't a big deal. So i think if a person is willing to buy at the right time and is a savvy shopper, which you have to be when you're on public assistance, you can find iphones (and many smartphones) at reasonable prices on plans that don't cost much more than dumbphone plans. And if you're on a family plan it may be discounted further. Oh and i forgot they have payment plans too now so you pay for the cost of the $149 phone over 2 years along with your bill, so on a monthly basis you're not paying much.

Also consider that lower income people have been quick to cut land lines as it becomes a needless cost, and do so at higher rates than more wealthy people and older people, making that one communication devices and even more vital purchase and more worth investing a little more money into.
    Last edited by Derrick4Real; 07-12-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    Laura Knotek and taz323 like this.
    07-11-2014 04:07 PM
    Let them eat iCake.
    07-12-2014 09:29 AM
    Let them eat iCake.
    Now you just started Tech War 2
    07-12-2014 10:04 AM
    Let them eat iCake.
    Ooh where do I get iCake. Sounds amazing... I must have it
    07-12-2014 10:04 AM
    Let them eat iCake.
    Yes! Thanks for your permission! We've just been waiting for it.
    Les74 likes this.
    07-12-2014 10:32 AM
    I did the fanboy thing years ago with BlackBerry. Then one day I bought an iOS device, then after that an Android device. Last year I did something I thought I would never do...I bought a Mac. Eyes opened up a bit and now I'm just a fan of mobile/tech in general. Like some of you, I'm currently a multi-platform user. I don't necessarily like one OS over the other but I do have preferences for the type of device it is on. On a tablet, it's iOS all the way. On a phone, I'd rather use BB10 or Android. For personal use desktop/notebook, it's a Mac.

There are certain aspects I enjoy about each OS - when an Android user says they like the customization, or iOS user says they like the elegance and ease of use, or a BlackBerry user says they like the efficiency and interface, I can relate to them all. What I can't relate to anymore is the fighting over different OSs. I can understand passionate sports fans and their favourite teams (Go Niners!), but a mobile device is just a tool we all use. Arguing over it is like arguing over the brand of fridge we own or shoes we wear...plain silly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-12-2014 10:33 AM
    Good lord.

Sent from my iPhone using the iMore Forums Mobile App
    07-21-2014 07:04 PM
    I wouldn't say that I'm a fanboy. But I will say that I love Apple products. I have never really had any issues with them. I have tried other devices on other platforms, but I always come back to iOS. I just really get along with it. It is comfortable and does what I want it to do all the time. I wish all of the tech I owned worked so well and looked so good. My iPhone and iPad have become staples in my everyday life. I don't really know how I would get along without them.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    08-30-2014 06:47 PM
    I never thought of myself as a fan boy, I did, when I moved from Verizon to T-Mobile purchase a Nexus 5 just to see what it was like using Android. At first it was great but the more I used it the more I saw that while it may be great for most people there was too many app's that have both Android and iOS variants including Google App's but the Google App's ran so much better and were so much more reliable on iOS.

The amount of time I've wasted having to restart the Nexus 5, the number of hardware failures (4 Replacements to the Nexus 5 and counting, the first died 7 days into it's life) and I made the decision to replace the Nexus 5 and replace it with an iPhone when the iPhone 6 is launched.

For me, my time really is money and when app's just stop working and then cannot be relaunched without powering down and up the Phone including Gmail, Google Maps and other app's that I rely on It is frustrating and something I never had a problem with when I had the iPhone 5. Even my iPhone 4 does fine and doesn't have crash problem like I do with Android and it's an ancient device, shame it's CDMA or I would have switched to use that in the mean time.

So what drives my like of Apple products.

The PC with the Windows 8.1 is terrible and buggy, the iMac doesn't have any of the same problems.

The Android Smartphone is terrible and buggy, the iPhone it replaced never had problems.

To be honest, and it may be a cliche, but I want things to just work. I went through hell converting over the OS X and unlearning the shortcuts I used with the PC but now the things that were so simple under Windows 7 and earlier just do not work on Windows 8 while OS X on the Mac is just so reliable. I rely on my iPad and iMac and I will be so happy when I am back with having an iPhone there to make it a perfect circle that all works together all of the time rather than being a hobnailed mess.
    08-31-2014 03:51 PM
    You sound just like me. I got so damn tired of all the drama with my BlackBerry devices that I just gave up. I have never found any device as reliable as my iPhones. All of them have been stellar. And yes the ecosystem is a big draw for me. It all works and it all works together. Zero drama.
    I want devices to work for me. Not the other way around.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:04 AM
    You sound just like me. I got so damn tired of all the drama with my BlackBerry devices that I just gave up. I have never found any device as reliable as my iPhones. All of them have been stellar. And yes the ecosystem is a big draw for me. It all works and it all works together. Zero drama.
    I want devices to work for me. Not the other way around.
    Same here for me! Switched over from bb about 3yrs ago. Was a long time bb user 6-7 yrs. had no idea what I was missing out on. The 9900 was the last straw for me. Decided to try the 4s and haven't switched back. Have zero plans to try anything else. If the 6 isn't for me I'll just stay with my 5s.
    09-01-2014 08:22 AM
    Same here for me! Switched over from bb about 3yrs ago. Was a long time bb user 6-7 yrs. had no idea what I was missing out on. The 9900 was the last straw for me. Decided to try the 4s and haven't switched back. Have zero plans to try anything else. If the 6 isn't for me I'll just stay with my 5s.
    Oh don't talk to me about the 99xx series. I had three devices of that line brick on me in the middle of the day. What continued to work? My iPhone 4s that I always carried as my secondary device. That was how my iPhone went from secondary to my primary, most trusted device. And the fanboys claimed it was user error. Never mind the fact that the bricking and nuking were well documented. No, they blamed me.

That was a good company that got trashed through the blind ideologies of its leadership. Now they want you to buy their products and load up with another platform's apps. THAT is blind fanboism. Touting loading another platform's apps as being "better Android than Android."

No, I'm out. My current Q10 might be my last BlackBerry if that's their plan for the platform.

My iPhones have always worked for me. This is what matters to me.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:34 AM
    Oh don't talk to me about the 99xx series. I had three devices of that line brick on me in the middle of the day. What continued to work? My iPhone 4s that I always carried as my secondary device. That was how my iPhone went from secondary to my primary, most trusted device. And the fanboys claimed it was user error. Never mind the fact that the bricking and nuking were well documented. No, they blamed me.

That was a good company that got trashed through the blind ideologies of its leadership. Now they want you to buy their products and load up with another platform's apps. THAT is blind fanboism. Touting loading another platform's apps as being "better Android than Android."

No, I'm out. My current Q10 might be my last BlackBerry if that's their plan for the platform.

My iPhones have always worked for me. This is what matters to me.
    I won't even bother with the Q because I know it doesn't come close to 5s. Had numerous random reboots on my 9900 and the camera no AF really? Glad I made the switch and I will continue to use apple products.
    09-01-2014 08:43 AM
    I won't even bother with the Q because I know it doesn't come close to 5s. Had numerous random reboots on my 9900 and the camera no AF really? Glad I made the switch and I will continue to use apple products.
    Oh putting a Fisher Price camera on a flagship device was sheer idiocy.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    09-01-2014 08:44 AM
    I'm not really a fanboy per se, but I just love tech in general. I choose iOS over anyone else because it fits my needs better, but I'm not the type of person that will say "oh screw Android" or "Windows? Yeah that sucks". There's many devices that I think are awesome, the new Galaxy Note Edge being one of them.
    09-08-2014 07:34 AM
    I'm assuming you're saying that without trying BB10???? Not the case any longer however. I really don't understand how anyone can consider themselves a fanatic about any phone, tablet, device...you get what suits your needs. As far go to devices for smartphones mine happens to be a z30, as far as tablets go...I own an ipad air. I've tried a slew of different devices and now have found the perfect fit for me.

I use my z30 because security is my number one concern. I need to ensure the data stored on my device is protected. I use an ipad air because I think Apple zero competition when it comes to tablets....they do tablets right! Nevertheless, if something came alone better more innovative for either device I'd be out the door. I have zero loyalty to these large corporations. It's all about me.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30 using the Mobile Nations App
    09-09-2014 01:34 PM
    I'm assuming you're saying that without trying BB10???? Not the case any longer however. I really don't understand how anyone can consider themselves a fanatic about any phone, tablet, device...you get what suits your needs. As far go to devices for smartphones mine happens to be a z30, as far as tablets go...I own an ipad air. I've tried a slew of different devices and now have found the perfect fit for me.

I use my z30 because security is my number one concern. I need to ensure the data stored on my device is protected. I use an ipad air because I think Apple zero competition when it comes to tablets....they do tablets right! Nevertheless, if something came alone better more innovative for either device I'd be out the door. I have zero loyalty to these large corporations. It's all about me.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30 using the Mobile Nations App
    Actually I experienced near constant reboots on my Z10. And I know there are several reported reboots on Q10. Also, the Q10 suffers from a double typing issue that forces you to correct what you're typing or constantly accept offered words. I type in two primary languages so the offered words are often wrong so I ignore them. As a result. I miss the double typed letters.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-10-2014 10:39 AM
    I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I love technology in general, what works for me, may not work for someone else, and vice versa.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-30-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    09-30-2014 03:55 PM
84 1234