Looks like I may be going Android or iOS...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not so fast, I think Samsung is about to kick Android to the curb, and go with their own Tizen OS & Intel processors ...

They would fail if they did so. I know most people think of samsung phones as samsungs phones, not android, but there is not way they can divorce themselves from Google and the play store and still be as successful as they have been.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of using Microsoft services like one drive, office, one note, calendar, and outlook.com on my iOS and Apple devices, but do they work well even though there Microsoft services? Is googles offerings better? I'm unsure how much I care about the privacy issue with google. I just know I like one drive better than drive and office better than google docs I think.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of using Microsoft services like one drive, office, one note, calendar, and outlook.com on my iOS and Apple devices, but do they work well even though there Microsoft services? Is googles offerings better? I'm unsure how much I care about the privacy issue with google. I just know I like one drive better than drive and office better than google docs I think.

I use all the office products and they work very well. I love Onedrive.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.

I don't think WP will ever beat iOS. Until developers are actually interested in developing for it, and until Windows makes a better looking and less confusing OS, I don't see WP ever overtaking iOS. But that's just my opinion :)

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.

Only because the other contenders didn't make a real effort, or got lazy / complacent / lacking vision. Palm had lots going for them but didn't produce any real advances in the very crucial years just before the first iPhone. M$ had a very good OS in WM6 complete with things like true multitasking or networking or direct use of Office formats, and they certainly had the resources, they could've turned it into a monster and a very real competitor to Apple even before the Android, but in a true MS fashion they just never committed enough to fixing it, and just buried it. A few years back WM was an excellent OS lacking only in finger friendliness - and MS waited far too long to fix simple interface issues. Now they are playing catch and many former users - myself included - are very wary of ever going with MS again.

So yeah, there's only 2 platforms. Although MS has that vision of eventually merging the desktop and phone Windows into a single system, and if they do it right and have the hardware to support it, they may all of a sudden become very big again.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I think you're in for a surprise ...

Nah, not really. Most people have more than one device, and having multiple OS and multiple interfaces and ways of doing things and having to buy soft for different platforms all becomes a major PITA. With Apple you have the brand loyalty and the perception of quality / "me too" factor, with Android you have tons of hardware choices at any price point, I just don't see Samsung finding their own niche as a major player in the market with their own OS - MS has been at this for several years now with little success so far.

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Android apps are of poor quality, ugly and ultimately, the fact that you can develop an Android app and have it play on both platforms will dissuade people from building Windows Phone apps which are much more polished. I went Windows Phone for the most polished experience and now they're doing this...
I disagree. WP is such a huge pile of suck they've had to reset the OS several times now and people STILL aren't buying it except fringe outliers like you. And look where you are now. There's nothing polished about that app starved, slow and late to implement features mess whatsoever.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Bada just proves my point. Samsung is not content being just a handset manufacture. They want to be Apple, they want total control of their own eco-system, they want all the money ...

Which is just biting the hand that feeds them. As with all manufacturers, they can be replaced.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you give samsung too much credit. I think it's been proven they can't do a cohesive experience well.

Samsung Galaxy phones are still Android phones that have the full Google experience, albeit with later updates. Lets not be too negative on their products.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox