Looks like I may be going Android or iOS...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried BB10 but my old BB, with its physical keyboard and confusing menu structure was a complete PITA to use. I had it for work and hardly touched it unless a work email came through.

From my personal experience of running an Android app side-by-side with its iOS counterpart, the Android app will fail first in the vast majority of cases. I think this is because the Android app devs have to create an app that plays nicely with all the proprietary UIs, screen sizes, hardware configurations and a good many number of other variables, whereas iOS devs only have to create apps that work on the iPhone or the iPad. At most, four different devices with not as much difference between them as with Android devices and a lot of apps seem to either be tailored to one device over another or have different iterations for iPad and iPhone.

I am so glad to have an iPhone for the moments when I absolutely need to rely on a device; my Note 3 let me down one day in spectacular fashion for no discernible reason just when I needed it most.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am so glad to have an iPhone for the moments when I absolutely need to rely on a device; my Note 3 let me down one day in spectacular fashion for no discernible reason just when I needed it most.

Regarding phones letting you down - two instances that began the end of the road for my BlackBerry passion....the BIS outage of October 2011 which turned BlackBerry devices into dumb phones unable to access web services or mail, and the nuking/bricking of the 99xx series which left me without a phone quite unexpectedly and without warning I'm the middle of the commute home.

I swore off BlackBerry them but came back for the Z10 which has atrocious battery life and which rebooted unexpectedly. Finally my Q10 has made me happy. But by now the device for me is the iPhone. BlackBerry is a side device now simply because of the lack of reliability I just mentioned.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I started out as a huge Android advocate. As time went by I started getting myself into BlackBerry. I still love my Note 3 but while its an amazing powerhouse, is just too big for a phone. Add in the bad reception I've always had and faulty port Samsung wont fix...its killed my drive. I will always have a fondness for my Z10, Torch, and Style. I've just found that bb is turning into an Androberry. That's just not what I want. If I wanted another Android, I wouldn't get a BlackBerry!

I use my 5c as my daily driver. It's jailbroken so there really isn't anything missing. Everything I can do on my android I can do here too. While the battery life can get pretty bad (my fault) its still the best device for me at the time. The stability, excellent call quality and style are exactly what I need for now.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I started out as a huge Android advocate. As time went by I started getting myself into BlackBerry. I still love my Note 3 but while its an amazing powerhouse, is just too big for a phone. Add in the bad reception I've always had and faulty port Samsung wont fix...its killed my drive. I will always have a fondness for my Z10, Torch, and Style. I've just found that bb is turning into an Androberry. That's just not what I want. If I wanted another Android, I wouldn't get a BlackBerry!

I use my 5c as my daily driver. It's jailbroken so there really isn't anything missing. Everything I can do on my android I can do here too. While the battery life can get pretty bad (my fault) its still the best device for me at the time. The stability, excellent call quality and style are exactly what I need for now.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

Which carrier is your Z10 on? I am thinking I want to try one for the Blackberry Hub, but TMO no longer sells them.....

~S

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
A lot will. That said, Android apps are far less polished than Windows Phone apps and doing this will eliminate any desire anyone has to build apps for Windows Phone.

Android apps are of poor quality, ugly and ultimately, the fact that you can develop an Android app and have it play on both platforms will dissuade people from building Windows Phone apps which are much more polished. I went Windows Phone for the most polished experience and now they're doing this...

Well they do say everyone is entitled to their opinion so I guess you are too. I certainly know that virtually everything I've ever seen from other sources lean completely opposite to you. WP apps are bareboned and severely lacking in features and quality compared to Android apps

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I was all Blackberry until around 2011 when i tried an android. Didn't like it and got the iPhone 4. Haven't looked back. I recommend iPhone but everyone likes different things. I also like the mac line up as well.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Which carrier is your Z10 on? I am thinking I want to try one for the Blackberry Hub, but TMO no longer sells them.....

~S

Mine is for T-Mobile. They sell a ton of them in good shape on CB. That's a great place to get one in good shape. =]

I'd save for a bit and try the Z30 though. Besides having lower PPI and an Amoled screen, everything else about the phone is better. It's faster, bigger screen, and 100% better battery life too.

I didn't like the Z30 because I was spoiled by the display on my Note 3, Z10 and 5c.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well they do say everyone is entitled to their opinion so I guess you are too. I certainly know that virtually everything I've ever seen from other sources lean completely opposite to you. WP apps are bareboned and severely lacking in features and quality compared to Android apps

LOL are you knocked on the head? Dumbest crap I've ever seen posted

troll.

I kind of agree that android apps seem a bit less uniform and don't go as smoothly with the UI. Windows apps I'm not too familiar with but I don't like the layout on WP anyways. iPhone apps always seem to have a slight polish to them and look almost 100% native. Just my opinion though. =]

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple has the best tablets but loses in phones. As long as you use services that work on both platforms, just go with what works better for you.

I gave up Android tablets because they would inevitably get slowdowns, crashes, or hardware issues. I need a 7" tablet that works and at that time iPad Mini Retina seemed as the best choice - there were larger premium Android tablets that looked just as good in specs and possibly reliability but nothing this size.

A phone is a different beast, though. It's something I use on the go. With phone, I need fast access to data entry and retrieval (like looking up or adding a meeting or something in Evernote). I need a long lasting battery. I need a large screen. I need to store 8 gb worth of music for bike trips or workouts, plus all of the apps and docs. All of this pretty much rules out the iPhone for me. My Evo 4g LTE And wife's Samsung Galaxy meet all of this criteria. So when it's time for me to update my phone, I'll just go with the latest Galaxy as it's been the best of the two.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Android will no longer be in existence by 2020..I'd go Apple.

I'm interested in hearing how the platform that dominates global market share today will be out of existence in six years.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Android will no longer be in existence by 2020..I'd go Apple.

As a financial analyst you'd make billions, as you seem to have the info the others lack.

Since maintaining a strong presence on mobile devices is vital to Google survival, I doubt they would ever get out of mobile OS market.

And 2020 is far away. By then, a lot of things will change, likely including what you call a phone.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
As a financial analyst you'd make billions, as you seem to have the info the others lack.

Since maintaining a strong presence on mobile devices is vital to Google survival, I doubt they would ever get out of mobile OS market.

And 2020 is far away. By then, a lot of things will change, likely including what you call a phone.

Ain't that the truth. I can't even fathom the devices in 2020.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Make no mistakes....Bing will be the new Google.......Windows phones will obliterate Android. The only thing keeping windows from dominating Android is the lack of apps. Microsoft will rule the world!

Mwahahaha Mwahahaha Mwahahaha Mwahahaha!!

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think the "third or fourth platform" has become a myth in this iPhone/Android dominated world?

As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.
I do agree with this. I think the gap has gotten so far that it's totally impossible to win over a significant amount of users at this point.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Not so fast, I think Samsung is about to kick Android to the curb, and go with their own Tizen OS & Intel processors ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR