Why do you think a lot of windows fans hate apple?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've never harped on you. You said you like building your pcs, I told you could do that with a mac. You said you like playing windows exclusives, I said I like playing OS X exclusives. I have a question... Have you ever used OS X? I used windows my whole life until March 11th 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have at my cousins... Really really didn't like it... That's just me though.. Nothing against it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
In order to clear the air guys... My post was for...

Mentioning why I like Windows.. For my needs. Absolutely nothing against Apple. I don't hate Apple... Apple was my first smartphone since the 3g. I like their products... I just happen to like Windows more for my computing and Android for mobile. I recommend Apple a bunch to people who are looking for solid phones / products. I even made my parents get iPhones... And honestly I've always wanted an iPad.. I just can't justify buying a tablet right now since I have my PC at home :p.

I don't hate apple.. Was simply stating my personal reasons for liking Windows. I tried OS X at my cousins.. Wasn't my thing. Nothing is wrong with it though.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Bootcamp is a joke when it comes to gaming. #justsaying

Edit: That was a comment toward someone mentioning bootcamp but there's no reply with quote available for some reason. As for hating Apple, I'm trying to decide if I want the iphone 6, Nokia Icon, or Moto X2 for my next device. I refuse to be a Corporate John.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never harped on you. You said you like building your pcs, I told you could do that with a mac. You said you like playing windows exclusives, I said I like playing OS X exclusives. I have a question... Have you ever used OS X? I used windows my whole life until March 11th 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My windows desktops and my IOS devices, peacefully coexist. I tried OS X, not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

boothes18

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I was and still am the same way (to mac users). I was a loyal Windows Phone user for what seems like forever and I found the app gap too great to continue on. I love my 5c, but I still wouldn't think about powering on a mac. Too Pricy and just too different for my blood!

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I like a lot of MS services like one drive, one note, outlook.com, and office, but these are available on Mac. There just better on windows (outside of outlook.com). And I get a wider access of games and I'm able to make a PC for cheaper than it would be a equivalent Mac, which is nice. But I do miss out on my iPhone and iPad talking to the computer.

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like Apple prior to the last couple years mostly because the people who used them in my College. They were mostly pretentious D-bags.
How are they any worse than people for example, who come from windows to Android forums and bash Android with outlandish statements? I would say the latter are worse because at least the former aren't going out of their way to tick people off with ridiculous claims. Not pointing at anyone in particular, just giving a general example.

Great deal

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I love presupposition statements ending in questions, anyways..

My whole tech ecosystem started out PC
The it all went to Apple
Then Google/Android/PC mix
Now im all in WP/PC

Only you know your own needs and requirements (some ppl cry app gap but most people never use more than 10 - 15 apps) so make a list of needs and requirements and use the tech that fulfils that need with the utmost consideration on ease of use and pleasure in use as that will keep you going back.

Don't listen to anyone telling you this that or something else, go with your own research.

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I love presupposition statements ending in questions, anyways..

My whole tech ecosystem started out PC
The it all went to Apple
Then Google/Android/PC mix
Now im all in WP/PC

Only you know your own needs and requirements (some ppl cry app gap but most people never use more than 10 - 15 apps) so make a list of needs and requirements and use the tech that fulfils that need with the utmost consideration on ease of use and pleasure in use as that will keep you going back.

Don't listen to anyone telling you this that or something else, go with your own research.
The point isn't the number of apps you use, it's the number of choices for those apps and the availability of niche apps ie. your bank etc.

Both BB and MS totally miss the point by focusing too much energy trying to bring big name apps on board when it's the small developers who are the backbone of Apple and Google app stores. When that failed they both turned to side loading Android apps.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Windows fan myself, and I like Apple. I appreciate their products. There's no sense in blind fanboyism, and I see it as it is. However, here's how I see the two types of fanboys in regard to each other:

Windows fans don't necessarily hate Apple products, but they hate the Apple "environment" and sheep following, and how a lot of Apple fans flaunt around their devices. They also hate the Apple bias when it comes to the tech media.

Apple fans seem to look down upon Windows fans as if they're better than them. They don't seem to get why anyone uses a Windows device and seem to think that it's crazy why anyone would buy anything that isn't a Mac.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Windows fan myself, and I like Apple. I appreciate their products. There's no sense in blind fanboyism, and I see it as it is. However, here's how I see the two types of fanboys in regard to each other:

Windows fans don't necessarily hate Apple products, but they hate the Apple "environment" and sheep following, and how a lot of Apple fans flaunt around their devices. They also hate the Apple bias when it comes to the tech media.

Apple fans seem to look down upon Windows fans as if they're better than them. They don't seem to get why anyone uses a Windows device and seem to think that it's crazy why anyone would buy anything that isn't a Mac.

I agree with what you said. But want to point out that any fan is going to flaunt what they are a fan of. So it seems to me that it's an invalid reason for windows and android fans to hate on apple fans for doing exactly the same thing that they do.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with what you said. But want to point out that any fan is going to flaunt what they are a fan of. So it seems to me that it's an invalid reason for windows and android fans to hate on apple fans for doing exactly the same thing that they do.

Oh I agree with you, but I'm saying that fans of other platforms/devices find more "offense" (if you will) in Apple fans flaunting their devices because they act like they have that special glow

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh I agree with you, but I'm saying that fans of other platforms/devices find more "offense" (if you will) in Apple fans flaunting their devices because they act like they have that special glow

I find it offensive when android and windows fans flaunt their devices. I think it's that fans of any platform don't like to hear their platform trashed. What goes around comes around.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I find it offensive when android and windows fans flaunt their devices. I think it's that fans of any platform don't like to hear their platform trashed. What goes around comes around.

I don't find it offensive. Everyone loves their devices and wants to show them off. As long as they don't shove them down my throat, I'm fine.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
"fan hate"..... who cares? Are you (no one in particular) that thin-skinned?

Not think skinned. But also respect myself enough to not allow ill mannered bullies to disrespect me. If I don't insult you I won't stand for you insulting me.

That's the crux of the problem. I debate issues, militant fans insult me. THAT I won't stand for.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

blackguard

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Lol, I was being sarcastic. The random call from some middle eastern guy claiming to be tech support for windows is a well known scam.
You can have a lot of fun with those guys. I was bored once and kept the guy on the phone with incredibly stupid questions so long he gave up and hung up.
?visa? You mean like a work visa? I don't have one, I'm in the country illegally! "

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro