With parts exclusive from Apple? Such as if I buy a PC from Alienware it will cost me way more than one from Newegg that I build myself.

Also the point of this is using Apple is it not.. So buying an Apple computer to use Windows.. Confuses me I guess.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    No. Look up MKBHD on YouTube. He built a hackintosh a few years ago because the Mac Pro wasn't being updated. And yes, buying an apple computer ONLY to use windows would be useless. But if there is a windows only game or program we want to use, we have a super easy way to run windows--bootcamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 02:45 PM
    No. Look up MKBHD on YouTube. He built a hackintosh a few years ago because the Mac Pro wasn't being updated. And yes, buying an apple computer ONLY to use windows would be useless. But if there is a windows only game or program we want to use, we have a super easy way to run windows--bootcamp

Okay that's good and all but I'm sticking to the thread as to why I prefer Windows. You say I have to look up something from a few years ago to do that?.. When I can do it all day with PC? Sorry it's just my preference.

I stuck to the thread and answered why I like PC... I never bashed and yet you harp on me for it. You like OS X... I don't.. I get nothing from it.. Nothing against people that do it just doesn't do anything for me.. So I stated why I personally like Windows more.. Not why it's better..

07-08-2014 02:49 PM
    Dude, the title of the thread is "Why do you think a lot of windows users hate apple?".

You posted this:

Me? Simple.. I play video games on the PC and they usually aren't on the MAC. I also like building my own gaming PCs.
    Since you didnt address the topic, I simply asked a question WITH the comment that I wasnt trying to start anything.

So you hate Apple? (Not trying to start anything, but thats the title of the thread.)
    And you come back accusing me of "mocking" you.

That's fine if you don't think it. In my opinion it was since he was basically mocking me without quoting me.. It wasn't a clarification question.. It was straight mocking.
    That was NOT my intent at all. SMH.
    07-08-2014 02:50 PM
    Just recently I started my first college class, and having MS office was required ($62 from my university) I emailed my professor and told him I have a Mac, and that macs come with office software capable of reading and writing office format, and I saved my self $62! And I'll save another $100 or so this fall when 10.10 is released, and every fall after for about 5 years! Add that up, and by the time I upgrade after college, my Mac will have almost paid for itself in savings that I would have spent had I had a windows.

07-08-2014 02:50 PM
    Dude, the title of the thread is "Why do you think a lot of windows users hate apple?".

You posted this:

Since you didnt address the topic, I simply asked a question WITH the comment that I wasnt trying to start anything.

And you come back accusing me of "mocking" you.

That was NOT my intent at all. SMH.
    You're reading it wrong. Tech eater mocked me.. Not you...

Read who I quoted.

07-08-2014 02:51 PM
    Okay that's good and all but I'm sticking to the thread as to why I prefer Windows. You say I have to look up something from a few years ago to do that?.. When I can do it all day with PC? Sorry it's just my preference.

I stuck to the thread and answered why I like PC... I never bashed and yet you harp on me for it. You like OS X... I don't.. I get nothing from it.. Nothing against people that do it just doesn't do anything for me.. So I stated why I personally like Windows more.. Not why it's better..

I was giving you a reference as to what I was talking about. I really don't know what the age of when he did has to do with it. Smh

07-08-2014 02:52 PM

The thread isn't about IF or WHY you prefer Windows. It is about why SOME (actually "a lot of") windows users HATE Apple.
    07-08-2014 02:52 PM
    The thread isn't about IF or WHY you prefer Windows. It is about why SOME (actually "a lot of") windows users HATE Apple.
    True but as I said I prefer Windows and don't hate apple. Showing we all don't hate apple .

07-08-2014 02:54 PM
    Well, THAT was certainly fun. Or not.
    SMH??

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Ledsteplin likes this.

I've never harped on you. You said you like building your pcs, I told you could do that with a mac. You said you like playing windows exclusives, I said I like playing OS X exclusives. I have a question... Have you ever used OS X? I used windows my whole life until March 11th 2014.

07-08-2014 02:56 PM
    I've never harped on you. You said you like building your pcs, I told you could do that with a mac. You said you like playing windows exclusives, I said I like playing OS X exclusives. I have a question... Have you ever used OS X? I used windows my whole life until March 11th 2014.

I have at my cousins... Really really didn't like it... That's just me though.. Nothing against it.

the_tech_eater likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:00 PM
    In order to clear the air guys... My post was for...

Mentioning why I like Windows.. For my needs. Absolutely nothing against Apple. I don't hate Apple... Apple was my first smartphone since the 3g. I like their products... I just happen to like Windows more for my computing and Android for mobile. I recommend Apple a bunch to people who are looking for solid phones / products. I even made my parents get iPhones... And honestly I've always wanted an iPad.. I just can't justify buying a tablet right now since I have my PC at home :P.

I don't hate apple.. Was simply stating my personal reasons for liking Windows. I tried OS X at my cousins.. Wasn't my thing. Nothing is wrong with it though.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:07 PM
    Bootcamp is a joke when it comes to gaming. #justsaying

Edit: That was a comment toward someone mentioning bootcamp but there's no reply with quote available for some reason. As for hating Apple, I'm trying to decide if I want the iphone 6, Nokia Icon, or Moto X2 for my next device. I refuse to be a Corporate John.
    07-08-2014 03:14 PM

My windows desktops and my IOS devices, peacefully coexist. I tried OS X, not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:31 PM
    I think a person can like both...

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    07-08-2014 03:52 PM
    If you hate Apple. Why be on imore?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    07-08-2014 04:04 PM
    I was and still am the same way (to mac users). I was a loyal Windows Phone user for what seems like forever and I found the app gap too great to continue on. I love my 5c, but I still wouldn't think about powering on a mac. Too Pricy and just too different for my blood!
    07-08-2014 05:34 PM
    I like a lot of MS services like one drive, one note, outlook.com, and office, but these are available on Mac. There just better on windows (outside of outlook.com). And I get a wider access of games and I'm able to make a PC for cheaper than it would be a equivalent Mac, which is nice. But I do miss out on my iPhone and iPad talking to the computer.
    07-08-2014 07:24 PM
    I didn't like Apple prior to the last couple years mostly because the people who used them in my College. They were mostly pretentious D-bags.
    How are they any worse than people for example, who come from windows to Android forums and bash Android with outlandish statements? I would say the latter are worse because at least the former aren't going out of their way to tick people off with ridiculous claims. Not pointing at anyone in particular, just giving a general example.
    07-10-2014 09:21 AM
    I love presupposition statements ending in questions, anyways..

My whole tech ecosystem started out PC
    The it all went to Apple
    Then Google/Android/PC mix
    Now im all in WP/PC

Only you know your own needs and requirements (some ppl cry app gap but most people never use more than 10 - 15 apps) so make a list of needs and requirements and use the tech that fulfils that need with the utmost consideration on ease of use and pleasure in use as that will keep you going back.

Don't listen to anyone telling you this that or something else, go with your own research.
    07-11-2014 12:08 PM
    I love presupposition statements ending in questions, anyways..

My whole tech ecosystem started out PC
    The it all went to Apple
    Then Google/Android/PC mix
    Now im all in WP/PC

Only you know your own needs and requirements (some ppl cry app gap but most people never use more than 10 - 15 apps) so make a list of needs and requirements and use the tech that fulfils that need with the utmost consideration on ease of use and pleasure in use as that will keep you going back.

Don't listen to anyone telling you this that or something else, go with your own research.
    The point isn't the number of apps you use, it's the number of choices for those apps and the availability of niche apps ie. your bank etc.

Both BB and MS totally miss the point by focusing too much energy trying to bring big name apps on board when it's the small developers who are the backbone of Apple and Google app stores. When that failed they both turned to side loading Android apps.
    07-11-2014 05:02 PM
    Jealousy.

Sent from my iPhone using the iMore Forums Mobile App
    07-15-2014 06:24 PM
    I'm a Windows fan myself, and I like Apple. I appreciate their products. There's no sense in blind fanboyism, and I see it as it is. However, here's how I see the two types of fanboys in regard to each other:

Windows fans don't necessarily hate Apple products, but they hate the Apple "environment" and sheep following, and how a lot of Apple fans flaunt around their devices. They also hate the Apple bias when it comes to the tech media.

Apple fans seem to look down upon Windows fans as if they're better than them. They don't seem to get why anyone uses a Windows device and seem to think that it's crazy why anyone would buy anything that isn't a Mac.
    07-15-2014 09:15 PM
    I'm a Windows fan myself, and I like Apple. I appreciate their products. There's no sense in blind fanboyism, and I see it as it is. However, here's how I see the two types of fanboys in regard to each other:

Windows fans don't necessarily hate Apple products, but they hate the Apple "environment" and sheep following, and how a lot of Apple fans flaunt around their devices. They also hate the Apple bias when it comes to the tech media.

Apple fans seem to look down upon Windows fans as if they're better than them. They don't seem to get why anyone uses a Windows device and seem to think that it's crazy why anyone would buy anything that isn't a Mac.
    I agree with what you said. But want to point out that any fan is going to flaunt what they are a fan of. So it seems to me that it's an invalid reason for windows and android fans to hate on apple fans for doing exactly the same thing that they do.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:36 PM
83 1234