With MS recent changes to onedrive (giving 15gb of free storage and 1TB for office 365 users) I'm thinking of using onedrive for my cloud storage needs on my iPhone and iPad (and desktop) however, I'm curious how the service works on Apple hardware and if it's worth using over competing services like Dropbox or Google drive. Even Apple is soon going to have its own thing with iCloud drive.

Does anyone use onedrive primarily or a lot? How is it ? Also, if you do use it, do you use any other MS services like onenote or office? How are those ?
    06-24-2014 09:12 PM
    I've had the app installed and I reinstall it on occasion. It like any other app for cloud storage, in my opinion -- used to transfer files to and from OneDrive. I don't use use One Note, but I do like the Microsoft One Office app. It works well with iOS in my experience.
    06-24-2014 09:50 PM
    I use it and love it. I get twice as much space as Dropbox for the same price. And now even cheaper. Works great on my iPad my iPhone and my air.
    06-24-2014 10:10 PM
    I'll be interested to see how good Apple will do there's. Obviously we get closer integration with that than onedrive or Dropbox. Honestly I like Dropbox because it works great everywhere, but there really dropping the ball lately I think with their free offering and priced options.
    06-25-2014 12:57 AM
    Does it compress photos though? And can it save videos too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Far as I know it can save the photos in full size , though you need to enable that I believe. And they just got the ability to save video in a recent update.
    07-06-2014 11:13 PM
    Yes it does videos and original photos. You can resize them also if you like.
    07-07-2014 12:32 AM
    Yes, I use it to sync stuff among my Windows Phone and iOS devices, that and OneNote, I am all set.
    07-07-2014 12:49 AM
    Yes, I use it to sync stuff among my Windows Phone and iOS devices, that and OneNote, I am all set.
    How do you like windows phone BTW? Honestly really liked what I used of it outside of some missing apps.
    07-08-2014 02:21 AM
    How do you like windows phone BTW? Honestly really liked what I used of it outside of some missing apps.
    It's a good platform, just not as battery efficient as the rest, but still good enough to make it a daily driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-09-2014 10:58 AM
    It's a good platform, just not as battery efficient as the rest, but still good enough to make it a daily driver.

Im a bit wary of Windows Phonea t the moment because of all the Android hub bub going on around it right now. again, I like Microsoft services, so I thought WP would be a good choice, but it dosent have all the apps I like and we have no clue if windows phone will even be windows phone anymore in a years time.
    07-10-2014 02:30 AM
    I don't use it on an iDevice, but I do use OneDrive in general and I find it very good. I also set it up on my grandfather's iPhone because I set him up with Office 365 at the same time and he really likes it.
    07-15-2014 09:27 PM

I actually find Windows Phone to be more battery efficient than the rest, so I would argue that. Maybe you used it on a very early 8.1 dev version where that was a problem
    07-15-2014 09:28 PM
    Im a bit wary of Windows Phonea t the moment because of all the Android hub bub going on around it right now. again, I like Microsoft services, so I thought WP would be a good choice, but it dosent have all the apps I like and we have no clue if windows phone will even be windows phone anymore in a years time.
    That worries me as well as I use a Nokia Lumia 928 as my daily driver and I love the platform. Microsoft better not get stupid...
    07-15-2014 09:29 PM
    I actually find Windows Phone to be more battery efficient than the rest, so I would argue that. Maybe you used it on a very early 8.1 dev version where that was a problem
    What phone are you basing this comment on?
    07-15-2014 09:29 PM
    What phone are you basing this comment on?
    Lumia 928
    07-15-2014 09:38 PM
    Lumia 928
    I don't have 8.1 devices here in Singapore besides the 635, but I think it's safe to say pre 8.1, windows phone isn't the most battery efficient?
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-15-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    07-15-2014 09:39 PM
    I don't have 8.1 devices here in Singapore besides the 635, but I think it's safe to say pre 8, windows phone isn't the most battery efficient?
    Do you mean pre 8 or pre 8.1? I have found Windows Phone 8 to be very battery efficient as well as 8.1. Can't speak for Windows Phone 7, though, so if that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it.
    07-15-2014 09:43 PM
    Do you mean pre 8 or pre 8.1? I have found Windows Phone 8 to be very battery efficient as well as 8.1. Can't speak for Windows Phone 7, though, so if that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it.
    My Nexus 5 and iPhone 5s had longer battery life than my Lumia 1020 consistently...

Pretty sure about that.
    07-15-2014 09:55 PM
    My Nexus 5 and iPhone 5s had longer battery life than my Lumia 1020 consistently...

Pretty sure about that.
    I've heard (from reviews and personal anecdotes) that the 5s has pretty poor battery life. I've also heard that the 1020 gets good battery life, though when using the camera a lot will drain it quickly. I have nothing to say on the Nexus 5, however.
    07-15-2014 09:58 PM
    The App Store reviews for OneDrive don't look so hot. But, as always, I take those with a grain if salt. Is it really free, or do they try to sell another app? LOL

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-15-2014 09:58 PM
    The one drive app is free with 10 gig of storage. I purchased the 200 gig plan for 3.99 a month.
    07-15-2014 10:45 PM
    The App Store reviews for OneDrive don't look so hot. But, as always, I take those with a grain if salt. Is it really free, or do they try to sell another app? LOL

No, it's free. No ads whatsoever. And they don't try to up sell you on anything.
    07-15-2014 10:46 PM
    The one drive app is free with 10 gig of storage. I purchased the 200 gig plan for 3.99 a month.
    Do you use a Mac as well out of curiosity?
    07-15-2014 10:46 PM
    Update: I got OneDrive, and it suddenly backed up all my photos without me giving permission. Next day they suspend my account due to content. I went back through my cam roll, but found nothing bad. Besides, that's my business, not theirs. I deleted OneDrive and the Outlook email. They can have it!

07-22-2014 02:46 PM
    First of all, I use a lot of services like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.

As a student you always get a group where some people use this and the other that etc. So you're on the safe side if you have an account from all services

I'm a MS office 365 user and I really like the service you get offered. You have access to all their apps, a lot of space, a fast and good sync service and lot more. I really don't know what the iTunes/App store etc. say about them, but never trust this stupid review/rating system of the AppStore! Mostly a lot of noobs, and stupid haters just troll and pretend being smart and experts, but they don't even really try something or read the manual

And don't forget; OneNote is one of the most awesome apps ever! On all operating system like windows, Mac, iOS etc.

Unfortunately the Mac version is not as powerful as the Windows version, but it working great and offer more than most apps could ever do... And it's free
    07-22-2014 06:07 PM
32 12