Anyone using onedrive on their idevices

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
With MS recent changes to onedrive (giving 15gb of free storage and 1TB for office 365 users) I'm thinking of using onedrive for my cloud storage needs on my iPhone and iPad (and desktop) however, I'm curious how the service works on Apple hardware and if it's worth using over competing services like Dropbox or Google drive. Even Apple is soon going to have its own thing with iCloud drive.

Does anyone use onedrive primarily or a lot? How is it ? Also, if you do use it, do you use any other MS services like onenote or office? How are those ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had the app installed and I reinstall it on occasion. It like any other app for cloud storage, in my opinion -- used to transfer files to and from OneDrive. I don't use use One Note, but I do like the Microsoft One Office app. It works well with iOS in my experience.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use it and love it. I get twice as much space as Dropbox for the same price. And now even cheaper. Works great on my iPad my iPhone and my air.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll be interested to see how good Apple will do there's. Obviously we get closer integration with that than onedrive or Dropbox. Honestly I like Dropbox because it works great everywhere, but there really dropping the ball lately I think with their free offering and priced options.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Does it compress photos though? And can it save videos too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far as I know it can save the photos in full size , though you need to enable that I believe. And they just got the ability to save video in a recent update.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How do you like windows phone BTW? Honestly really liked what I used of it outside of some missing apps.

It's a good platform, just not as battery efficient as the rest, but still good enough to make it a daily driver. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a good platform, just not as battery efficient as the rest, but still good enough to make it a daily driver. :)

Im a bit wary of Windows Phonea t the moment because of all the Android hub bub going on around it right now. again, I like Microsoft services, so I thought WP would be a good choice, but it dosent have all the apps I like and we have no clue if windows phone will even be windows phone anymore in a years time.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it on an iDevice, but I do use OneDrive in general and I find it very good. I also set it up on my grandfather's iPhone because I set him up with Office 365 at the same time and he really likes it.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I actually find Windows Phone to be more battery efficient than the rest, so I would argue that. Maybe you used it on a very early 8.1 dev version where that was a problem

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Im a bit wary of Windows Phonea t the moment because of all the Android hub bub going on around it right now. again, I like Microsoft services, so I thought WP would be a good choice, but it dosent have all the apps I like and we have no clue if windows phone will even be windows phone anymore in a years time.

That worries me as well as I use a Nokia Lumia 928 as my daily driver and I love the platform. Microsoft better not get stupid...

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have 8.1 devices here in Singapore besides the 635, but I think it's safe to say pre 8, windows phone isn't the most battery efficient?

Do you mean pre 8 or pre 8.1? I have found Windows Phone 8 to be very battery efficient as well as 8.1. Can't speak for Windows Phone 7, though, so if that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean pre 8 or pre 8.1? I have found Windows Phone 8 to be very battery efficient as well as 8.1. Can't speak for Windows Phone 7, though, so if that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it.

My Nexus 5 and iPhone 5s had longer battery life than my Lumia 1020 consistently...

Pretty sure about that.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5 and iPhone 5s had longer battery life than my Lumia 1020 consistently...

Pretty sure about that.

I've heard (from reviews and personal anecdotes) that the 5s has pretty poor battery life. I've also heard that the 1020 gets good battery life, though when using the camera a lot will drain it quickly. I have nothing to say on the Nexus 5, however.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The App Store reviews for OneDrive don't look so hot. But, as always, I take those with a grain if salt. Is it really free, or do they try to sell another app? LOL

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice