Apple User Thoughts On BlackBerry Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I could easily post threads (from cb) showing issues with fresh out of the box bb's. The device is still cringe worthy. No apps (Amazon/android emulator is a joke imo) + awkward design, = no buy for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

No buy for a whole lot of people. Even the BlackBerry acolytes can't seem to all embrace the Quasimodo.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Just as long as you're aware others can do the same with threads from IMore moaning about issues with iphones. Bendy phones, buggy OS and crappy security = no buy for this guy.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using Tapatalk

Right. Hey did you read the thread where someone let their Z30 battery drain and now it's a brick?
Ooooooo ooooooo want me to tell you about my double typing Q10? Or my bricking 9900s? Or my randomly rebooting Z10?

Come on. Blackberry QA is a joke.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The consensus is that pretty much no one likes the passport. If that hurts your feelings then don't participate in a discussion forum.

OR find a forum who think the Quasimodo is God's gift to humanity. That way feelings will be spared.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What i dint like in crackberry is that they take much time talking about iphone ,i even read a thread where a dad talk bad about his daughter's iphone, tbh its scary

Oh I know the post in question. That poster posts all kinds of drama and angst riddled anecdotes on how much Apple sucks, in his estimable opinion. Generally every Thursday. It's hilarious.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Right. Hey did you read the thread where someone let their Z30 battery drain and now it's a brick?
Ooooooo ooooooo want me to tell you about my double typing Q10? Or my bricking 9900s? Or my randomly rebooting Z10?

Come on. Blackberry QA is a joke.

Just do a battery pull. :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Just as long as you're aware others can do the same with threads from IMore moaning about issues with iphones. Bendy phones, buggy OS and crappy security = no buy for this guy.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using Tapatalk

Firstly, I'm surprised that your passport was even able to type the long on a paragraph.
Secondly, you obviously don't have any worthy reasons to bash iPhone, because your bringing up the way overblown, completely idiotic bend gate issue. Everyone knows that was blown WAY WAY out of proportion.
Thirdly, yes, iOS 8 was buggy. I experienced some bugs, and it was a let down by apple. But I'd rather deal with some bugs than have a clunky os that doesn't have but a few native apps.
Fourthly, phishing =/= crappy security. Your BBworld account could get phished as easily as my iCloud account. Those celeb's iCloud accounts WERE NOT HACKED, and everyone knows that. Enjoy your brick.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, I'm surprised that your passport was even able to type the long on a paragraph.
Secondly, you obviously don't have any worthy reasons to bash iPhone, because your bringing up the way overblown, completely idiotic bend gate issue. Everyone knows that was blown WAY WAY out of proportion.
Thirdly, yes, iOS 8 was buggy. I experienced some bugs, and it was a let down by apple. But I'd rather deal with some bugs than have a clunky os that doesn't have but a few native apps.
Fourthly, phishing =/= crappy security. Your BBworld account could get phished as easily as my iCloud account. Those celeb's iCloud accounts WERE NOT HACKED, and everyone knows that. Enjoy your brick.

Not worth your time man. Let the haters hate

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Last I read, the phone seems to be suffering from a bit of a QA problem. Seems the screen is lifting off the frame because they're using double sided tape to hold the screen to the frame. That as well as the corner of the screen cracking.
Hhhhmmmm..... Before spouting forth about people bending iPhones, check on the sticky tape holding the Passport together.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Last I read, the phone seems to be suffering from a bit of a QA problem. Seems the screen is lifting off the frame because they're using double sided tape to hold the screen to the frame. That as well as the corner of the screen cracking.
Hhhhmmmm..... Before spouting forth about people bending iPhones, check on the sticky tape holding the Passport together.

BB users who live in glass houses ? #bwahahaha

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BB users who live in glass houses ? #bwahahaha

9yruzamy.jpg

ajusuqep.jpg

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I love bb I have a Q10 the hub is amazing but the improvements Apple has recently made to email and everything else are amazing. It's almost as easy as using hub now I was never a big apple fan either

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

I just ventured to the cesspool to check out those reports, and WOW. I don't know what's worse...the defects and terrible materials that caused them, the zealots viciously assaulting the folks with busted phones, or the utterly terrible tech support that the folks are receiving from the manufacturer. What a disgrace on all accounts.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
But... But... Productivity! This isn't some toy to play games on like all your silly phones! It's a serious business phone! So serious! You just can't fathom how serious it is! This phone will turn you in to a jet setting high powered executive overnight! and it is built like a tank! Not some floppy bendy phone! You're just mad at all the innovation! It has a physical keyboard! That's innovation! and a square screen! SQUARE! Say it with me now: IN•NO•VA•TION. No phone has ever had a physical keyboard and square touchscreen before! Well... Except the Q10... But it's so wide! You see more than you ever could on your silly narrow phones like the Note 4! I mean, unless you rotate your phone in to landscape... But that's neither here nor there... WIDE! That's innovation! It's so awesome! It piggybacks apps off another platforms App Store! That's INNOVATION!

Owning the BlackBerry Passport is basically like this:

gif-transformation-homeless-businessman-1100667.gif

disclaimer: I don't even really think the Passport is that bad of a device. The extremist fans just make it so easy to poke fun at.

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
But... But... Productivity! This isn't some toy to play games on like all your silly phones! It's a serious business phone! So serious! You just can't fathom how serious it is! This phone will turn you in to a jet setting high powered executive overnight! and it is built like a tank! Not some floppy bendy phone! You're just mad all all the innovation! It has a physical keyboard! That's innovation! and a square screen! SQUARE! Say it with me now: IN?NO?VA?TION. No phone has ever had a physical keyboard and square touchscreen before! Well... Except the Q10... But it's so wide! You see more than you ever could on your silly narrow phones like the Note 4! I mean, unless you rotate your phone in to landscape... But that's neither here nor there... WIDE! That's innovation! It's so awesome! It piggybacks apps off another platforms App Store! That's INNOVATION!

Owning the BlackBerry Passport is basically like this:

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-transformation-homeless-businessman-1100667.gif

disclaimer:I don't even really think the Passport is that bad of a device. The extremist fans just make it so easy to poke fun at.

LOL great post!
I might add: it's built with duct tape! That's is innovation right there my friends! DACT TAPE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh