Apple User Thoughts On BlackBerry Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Smh.. another unnecessary long rant with myopic opinions being mistaken as valid debate. Lol

Demolished who and what? In which world? Is this phone business that important to you Ms iMore Ambassador? I laugh.

You seem to have a problem with someone dissecting your posts.

Myopia. Interesting. Calling iPhone users a minority because we don't fawn over the Passport.

Right.

Tell you what. Explain one single point to me. Tell me how you arrived at the conclusion that iPhone users are a minority in not liking the Passport vis a vis Passport users.

Demolished. As in taking every point and rebutted it.

This phone business.....I am on iMore which is an Apple centric site discussing a BlackBerry device in a thread started by a BlackBerry user asking our opinions on that device. You keep coming into iMore, an Apple centric site, to repeatedly try to convince iPhone users in that site that an abomination of a BlackBerry is in fact the Second Coming, while insulting our choices and while insulting us in our Apple centric site. For whom is this serious business????

Interesting. My anti fans always zero in on my job as Ambassador. Interesting how you also zeroed in on it. Hhhmmmm.....interesting....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Here is something for you to think about....I DON'T NEED OTHERS TO TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE. You could quote Chen and Tim Allen and a whole team of sports figures and every Canadian and Briton you want to quote but the fact remains that I find that device to be a hideous abomination. Now....you like it. Go use it. NEWSFLASH: I.WON'T.BUY.ONE. Because I am done with BlackBerry. FINISHED. FINI. C'EST TOUTE. SE ACABO. KAPUT. ZIP.

Hope I got that point across.

Sadly, I fear you?re wasting your breath on this one, Lil.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I fear you?re wasting your breath on this one, Lil.

You know you're probably right. I should just leave other platform users' delusions alone.

It's Columbus Day. I've got to go to the shops. Mmmnwwwwuahhhh!!!!

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't consider a device awesome that I've got to load up with Android apps. Not that I mind Android apps. I simply want them in an Android device.

I understand liking something unique. After all there are people who love Chinese Cresteds. But I don't. So to each his own.

Tell me. Is there a law that compels me to like the Passports? Because I don't. Good for you that you do and you've got one. But I don't. Why such a campaign to force the "Passport is awesome" down my throat? Let's say I get it. I'm still stuck having to get Android apps for a BlackBerry. Tell me. Has Google approved the use of Android apps on BlackBerry?

For that reason, and the UI (I don't like 10.3), and the looks of the device, and the 1:1 ratio, I won't get it.

And I've got a feeling that at least a couple others on this thread won't.

Enjoy your device. I mean it.

I certainly didn't come here to troll, to knock apple devices, to sway the world to Blackberry. In fact I own an ipad air, there are a couple ipad Mini Retina's in the house and also a Sumsung Tab.

I never asked you to like the device. I never ask you to think it was awesome. I never mentioned anything about android apps. I get that not every device is suitable for everyone. I didn't come here for a pissing match.

All my post said was that it is certainly turning heads, and I just wanted to ad my input when I saw the thread. My input was clearly that the device is making people look.

BTW...I use two Android Apps (Instagram and Mobile Nations), otherwise I feel like putting a condom on my device every time I enter the android store.

You would think as an ambassador for iMore you wouldn't be jumping all over people, and putting words in their mouth. I know as a Trusted Member of Mobile Nations I treat everyone with respect. This is exactly why a lot new members across Mobile Nations don't stick around....because people come here and are afraid to say anything without people putting words in their mouth and jumping all over them. Adding constructive input into the threads is one thing, jumping all over some one for simply saying the appearance of the device is different and that is the attraction to it is another thing. Chill Out!!

You do understand there are larger Apple forums on the net than iMore? I would think the goal here would be to encourage discussion and not try to ram your thoughts down people's throats. I've read through the thread, I'm not they only one this has happened to.

So get out whatever you need to say cause this is my final post at iMore unless I'm asked to come back here via the Trusted Members Group. I'm certainly not coming back to read this thread whether I'm asked to or not.

Looks like someone didn't have their coffee this morning.

I did enjoy your Rant. "Really I mean it".

Yikes!!!!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I certainly didn't come here to troll, to knock apple devices, to sway the world to Blackberry. In fact I own an ipad air, there are a couple ipad Mini Retina's in the house and also a Sumsung Tab.

I never asked you to like the device. I never ask you to think it was awesome. I never mentioned anything about android apps. I get that not every device is suitable for everyone. I didn't come here for a pissing match.

All my post said was that it is certainly turning heads, and I just wanted to ad my input when I saw the thread. My input was clearly that the device is making people look.

BTW...I use two Android Apps (Instagram and Mobile Nations), otherwise I feel like putting a condom on my device every time I enter the android store.

You would think as an ambassador for iMore you wouldn't be jumping all over people, and putting words in their mouth. I know as a Trusted Member of Mobile Nations I treat everyone with respect. This is exactly why a lot new members across Mobile Nations don't stick around....because people come here and are afraid to say anything without people putting words in their mouth and jumping all over them. Adding constructive input into the threads is one thing, jumping all over some one for simply saying the appearance of the device is different and that is the attraction to it is another thing. Chill Out!!

You do understand there are larger Apple forums on the net than iMore? I would think the goal here would be to encourage discussion and not try to ram your thoughts down people's throats. I've read through the thread, I'm not they only one this has happened to.

So get out whatever you need to say cause this is my final post at iMore unless I'm asked to come back here via the Trusted Members Group. I'm certainly not coming back to read this thread whether I'm asked to or not.

Yikes!!!!!!

Bit of an overrreaction, don't you think?

Here is what you said:

Well, say what you want about the appearance, "it's ugly", "it's too big", "It looks awkward" but that is exactly what the attraction is to the device. Never thought I'd go back to a physical keyboard. But after a few weeks, this device is simply awesome.

In the last two years blackberry devices have been getting lost in the sea of smartphones. I'm sure the average consumer just thought my z10 was a iphone and my Z30 was an android device. But....there is no mistaking a passport and that is what has people realizing that BlackBerry is still making phones.

Wednesday night i was stopped at least 25 times by people asking me "Is that the new BlackBerry Passport"? Nobody stopped me with my z10 and z30.

So call it Big, Ugly, Awkward but I'll call it different and it's that innovative appearance that is turning heads.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Here is what I said:

I don't consider a device awesome that I've got to load up with Android apps. Not that I mind Android apps. I simply want them in an Android device.

I understand liking something unique. After all there are people who love Chinese Cresteds. But I don't. So to each his own.

Tell me. Is there a law that compels me to like the Passports? Because I don't. Good for you that you do and you've got one. But I don't. Why such a campaign to force the "Passport is awesome" down my throat? Let's say I get it. I'm still stuck having to get Android apps for a BlackBerry. Tell me. Has Google approved the use of Android apps on BlackBerry?

For that reason, and the UI (I don't like 10.3), and the looks of the device, and the 1:1 ratio, I won't get it.

And I've got a feeling that at least a couple others on this thread won't.

Enjoy your device. I mean it.

I challenged your perception of awesome by stating why I don't feel it's awesome. I acknowledged that it's a unique device and said basically to each his own. I asked where is there a law that compels me to like the device with no reference to you personally but rather as a result of the entire thread. I asked why is it necessary to have this "Passport is awesome and all must agree on this point as fact" when I don't like it. I speak for myself so I say *I* throughout. I then give one specific reason why I wouldn't get it, and it deals with the Android app situation. I then ask you a direct question as to whether Google has approved Android apps on a BlackBerry. I then commit the unpardonable sin, apparently, to wish you well with the device. And you take umbrage to that.

In turn, you engage in a tirade against me. Where did I even call you a troll? You then go on to speak about condoms and to comment on my position at iMore and to claim disrespect. I am challenging your post and you're attacking me personally by commenting on whether I skipped coffee??? And then yell at me to chill out?

I challenge posts. You're questioning my morning coffee. Who is being disrespectful? Challenging the Passport and saying I find it ugly and awkward is not a personal attack against anyone. There are BlackBerry users who also find it ugly and awkward. And really? You will avoid a site because your post is challenged? You call it unique. I find it ugly. It's a difference of opinion that doesn't require an over the top overreaction. And this time I won't commit the faux pas of wishing that you enjoy your device.

As far as the thread.....well....I think the previous posts can speak for themselves. This thread was created for Apple user thoughts. We gave them. I gave mine. I challenge posts.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
But in the other hand I really wish they would succeed. Because the more options the better it is for everyone.

I agree but I remember using them they are a company that is about them. Bloatware was insane and I use to install it just for it to reappear when the phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. They made carriers have plans specifically for their phones. Plus the build quality is always terrible.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree but I remember using them they are a company that is about them. Bloatware was insane and I use to install it just for it to reappear when the phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. They made carriers have plans specifically for their phones. Plus the build quality is always terrible.

Good thing this isn't OS7 days anymore.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am intrigued by the keyboard BUT not so intrigued that I would spend money on it. For the reasons I mentioned; I feel it will be awkward to hold, the app situation is laughable, and I did not like 10.3 AT ALL for the half hour that I had it on my Q10. It was hideous.

I'll be selling the Q10 and I won't buy neither this device nor the Classic. First time in ten years that I won't have a BlackBerry. Might be end of the line for me.

But....I hope they pull themselves out of the hole they're n.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not interested in the passport at all. The device looks awkward, and native app support is non existent. I like a lot of features from 10.2-10.3, however I can't justify spending hundreds of bucks on a blackberry at this point in time. At one point blackberry had a big advantage when it came to business and productivity. Today? Ehhh not so much.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
This video review is spot on when describing this phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmbq0qsNO4

"This is the physical embodiment of everything that is boring about life" XD OMG can't stop laughing and you know what? It's true! CrackBerry thinks it's true too! "Work", "Power user," "Cranking out emails," "spreadsheets," 'Productive"

Absolutely fantastic, thank you for the laugh.

Also there are two people in this thread that need to chill the **** out. Wow.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I leave for a few days and the zealots come out in full force! Crackberry defense squad must be getting really antsy after seeing yet another saviour phone getting such a lukewarm reception. Sooner or later they'll realize 2 things:

- Most folks don't care about or want their irrelevant phone. No number of aggressive posts on an internet message board will change that.
- For the rest of the world outside of Crackberry, phones aren't a religion. Get over it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I leave for a few days and the zealots come out in full force! Crackberry defense squad must be getting really antsy after seeing yet another saviour phone getting such a lukewarm reception. Sooner or later they'll realize 2 things:

- Most folks don't care about or want their irrelevant phone. No number of aggressive posts on an internet message board will change that.
- For the rest of the world outside of Crackberry, phones aren't a religion. Get over it.

Crackberry has been getting quite stale lately.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's sad that people can't debate posts or ideas without insulting and name calling and making things personal.
I'm weaning myself of CB. I thought it would be impossible for me since I did love the site and there are people there I enjoy very much. But my activity there has decreased. Much to the joy and relief of my anti fans. Unfortunately some seem to be bringing their bitterness here.
They're PHONES!!!! Not relatives, not loved ones, not pets, not religion, not countries. Why the personal insults and attacks?!?!?

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Yikes!!!!!!

This post reminds me of those people who say they aren't racist because they know a black person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro