The keyboard also seems to be a step back. It's like typing in landscape mode on my iPad mini or 6+; it doesn't seem pleasant. Hopefully they have one on display at the AT&T store when I go look at 6+ cases.
    10-06-2014 06:02 PM
    Well if someone gave me a Passport I would use it as an odd shaped Frisbee or perhaps attach a pole and use is as a snow shovel.
    I'm done with BlackBerry for good. On Wednesday I tried 10.3 and IT IS AS HIDEOUS as the Quasimodo phone. I reverted back to 10.2 and now I can't access my backup. So now I'll have to manually drop them into an SD card for the Note 4 that I'll be buying.
    Wednesday was the end of the line for me with BlackBerry. Making my backup inaccessible was the end. I'm done. I'll remember fondly my 8310 and my 9700. Those were the glory days. It's been a dive since then. And I'm not touching the Quasimodo with a ten foot pole.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    The peak of my glory days with Blackberry was the Bold 9000. I absolutely loved that phone and to this day it was my absolute favorite keyboard to ever use on a full qwerty physical keyboard.
    10-09-2014 02:22 AM
    The peak of my glory days with Blackberry was the Bold 9000. I absolutely loved that phone and to this day it was my absolute favorite keyboard to ever use on a full qwerty physical keyboard.
    I wasn't too keen on the 9000. Mine has a terrible memory leak. I ended up going back to the 8310 and gave my ex my 9000. That was his first smartphone.

He's getting the Passport.

10-09-2014 04:59 AM
    I wasn't too keen on the 9000. Mine has a terrible memory leak. I ended up going back to the 8310 and gave my ex my 9000. That was his first smartphone.

No wonder why he's an ex.
    qbnkelt and jdhooghe like this.
    10-09-2014 11:21 AM
    No wonder why he's an ex.
    ZING!!!!

10-09-2014 12:44 PM
    Just want to say, that I believe that I saw someone talking on one the other day.
    10-09-2014 12:49 PM

I had the Bold as well. While I do remember it with fondness, (the email experience was awesome. Keyboard was awesome.) I can't forget the poor build quality. That rear panel was so loose. It always rattled or creaked, unless you put something between the battery and panel, like a folded up piece of paper. The screen got distorted when you pushed the volume keys. The fit and finish was far from perfect. The random reboots and general OS instabilty, especially if you were running unofficial leaked "updates." I had to return my first Bold because of the Enter key on the keyboard not working properly. The trackball was a nightmare if it got dirty/dusty. Doing battery pulls got old. The old "Call Failed" and 3G to EDGE radio handoff problems. Oh, and the fact it was $400, with a 2-year contract...

The problems were so bad and widespread (despite what BB defenders would claim) I remember at least one carrier literally pulled the Bold and refused to sell it until RIM got their act together and addressed some of the issues, because their customer service centers and call lines were flooded with complaints, returns and replacements, and generally dissatisfied customers.

The build quality, the browser, OS problems, and the map, were the things that made me appreciate the iPhone 2G I had, and eventually led to me going back to Apple and getting an iPhone 3G. The camera sucked too... But the camera in the iPhones at the time wasn't that much better.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 10-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    10-09-2014 02:35 PM
    Well if someone gave me a Passport I would use it as an odd shaped Frisbee or perhaps attach a pole and use is as a snow shovel.
    I'm done with BlackBerry for good. On Wednesday I tried 10.3 and IT IS AS HIDEOUS as the Quasimodo phone. I reverted back to 10.2 and now I can't access my backup. So now I'll have to manually drop them into an SD card for the Note 4 that I'll be buying.
    Wednesday was the end of the line for me with BlackBerry. Making my backup inaccessible was the end. I'm done. I'll remember fondly my 8310 and my 9700. Those were the glory days. It's been a dive since then. And I'm not touching the Quasimodo with a ten foot pole.

You called it quasimodo! haha
    10-09-2014 05:56 PM
    Well LOOK at it!!!!!

falconeight likes this.
    10-09-2014 06:29 PM
    Well LOOK at it!!!!!

Come on, quasimodo does not look that ugly!

Sent from my HTC M8
    10-09-2014 06:55 PM
    Come on, quasimodo does not look that ugly!

Sent from my HTC M8
    O M G!!!!!!

The Quasimodo is a copy of a Nokia phone!!!!
    Apple User Thoughts On BlackBerry Passport-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412897072.477453.jpg

10-09-2014 07:24 PM
    The lady who works at my provider store said they can't keep those things on the shelves... Imagine that. I would have never guessed
    10-09-2014 07:24 PM
    The lady who works at my provider store said they can't keep those things on the shelves... Imagine that. I would have never guessed
    More likely they can't get any on the shelves. Supply is insanely limited due to all their past failures.
    10-09-2014 08:57 PM
    More likely they can't get any on the shelves. Supply is insanely limited due to all their past failures.
    No she said she sells quite a few... Might just be here
    10-09-2014 09:07 PM
    No she said she sells quite a few... Might just be here
    They've sold more than the CEO anticipated. The faithful have scooped them up. But as far as people from other platforms, I don't know the numbers. The faithful say there have been conversions.

10-10-2014 01:22 AM
    They’ve only sold something like 200,000 of them. Wow. Compare that with 10 million in one weekend. Meh. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    10-10-2014 01:41 AM
    Theyve only sold something like 200,000 of them. Wow. Compare that with 10 million in one weekend. Meh. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    I never said they are a top selling brand I was just stating the fact that surprisingly they have sold a few where I live.
    10-10-2014 01:43 AM
    Because they're inside the little drawers where they keep accessories.

Ain't nobody walking into carrier stores anymore specifically looking for a Blackberry.
    10-10-2014 01:44 AM
    They've sold more than the CEO anticipated. The faithful have scooped them up. But as far as people from other platforms, I don't know the numbers. The faithful say there have been conversions.

Unless blackberry pulls a rabbit out of their hat, they will never touch The likes of Apple, Samsung, or Lg... There's just no way
    10-10-2014 01:44 AM
    Because they're inside the little drawers where they keep accessories.

Ain't nobody walking into carrier stores anymore specifically looking for a Blackberry.
    Maybe she just decided to make it up for fun that day because she was bored. Regardless I got my 6 and thankfully don't have the blackberry so all that matters to me really.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-10-2014 01:48 AM
    I had the Bold as well. While I do remember it with fondness, (the email experience was awesome. Keyboard was awesome.) I can't forget the poor build quality. That rear panel was so loose. It always rattled or creaked, unless you put something between the battery and panel, like a folded up piece of paper. The screen got distorted when you pushed the volume keys. The fit and finish was far from perfect. The random reboots and general OS instabilty, especially if you were running unofficial leaked "updates." I had to return my first Bold because of the Enter key on the keyboard not working properly. The trackball was a nightmare if it got dirty/dusty. Doing battery pulls got old. The old "Call Failed" and 3G to EDGE radio handoff problems. Oh, and the fact it was $400, with a 2-year contract...

The problems were so bad and widespread (despite what BB defenders would claim) I remember at least one carrier literally pulled the Bold and refused to sell it until RIM got their act together and addressed some of the issues, because their customer service centers and call lines were flooded with complaints, returns and replacements, and generally dissatisfied customers.

The build quality, the browser, OS problems, and the map, were the things that made me appreciate the iPhone 2G I had, and eventually led to me going back to Apple and getting an iPhone 3G. The camera sucked too... But the camera in the iPhones at the time wasn't that much better.
    I agree about the build quality. It's funny because I remember having the folded business card taped to the inside of the battery door. I went through about 3 Bold 9000's that i luckily didn't have some of those major build quality issues.

I remember AT&T not releasing it until November 2008 when it was being released by other carriers (T-Mobile and Canadian carriers) in September. The rumblings were that AT&T wasn't approving the OS builds that they were testing.

Overall, I was happy with it after coming over from a Curve 8300. At the time, it felt like night and day. It's only been six years, but it sure feels like ages ago.
    10-10-2014 01:56 AM
    I remember going for the 8310 instead of the iPhone back in 2007 but always liking the idea of the iPhone. I was fresh out of the 9000 and into the 9700, which I loved but hated the browser when I finally went for my first iPhone, my 3GS. I hated the battery life on it but loved the browser. Kept getting BlackBerries but was always drawn to the iPhone. In retrospect, the 4s was my turning point. Even though I got four BBOS devices I was realising that the iPhone was my most dependable device. By the time I had the 5s and the Android app push came around it was time to go.
    I'm finally happy with my tech.

10-10-2014 03:13 AM
    I remember going for the 8310 instead of the iPhone back in 2007 but always liking the idea of the iPhone. I was fresh out of the 9000 and into the 9700, which I loved but hated the browser when I finally went for my first iPhone, my 3GS. I hated the battery life on it but loved the browser. Kept getting BlackBerries but was always drawn to the iPhone. In retrospect, the 4s was my turning point. Even though I got four BBOS devices I was realising that the iPhone was my most dependable device. By the time I had the 5s and the Android app push came around it was time to go.
    I'm finally happy with my tech.

I remember back in 2007 I got my first smartphone and that was the blackberry pearl. I thought that was the coolest phone in the world for about 6 months. Then I upgraded to the Bold which was at the time the best phone you could get in Canada there was none better. In the states you guys had the iPhone a year before us so blackberry was all we knew. Then in 2008 I seen the 3GS for the first time and history was made I've been addicted ever since.
    10-10-2014 03:22 AM
    A part of me wishes I was around during those days to have an old school BlackBerry device, I'm sure I would appreciate tech a lot more nowadays. I think I had the LG Shine then.
    10-10-2014 06:30 AM
    Passport is actually pretty sweet to type with. I got use to it just after a few hours of use.
    Speedygi, A895 and taz323 like this.
    10-10-2014 07:05 AM
317 ... 56789 ...