ANNND for some reason, That Passport is growing on me... SO is the 4.7 inch iPhone.

I think I have a "Wanna buy a new device" bug growing in my guts.
    I still don't like it. I really really just want a slightly wider Q10. Not as wide as the passport though. And A dedicated HDMI port for me is one of the unique things blackberry should stop doing.
    06-30-2014 06:43 PM
    ANNND for some reason, That Passport is growing on me... SO is the 4.7 inch iPhone.

I'm going through the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    06-30-2014 08:30 PM
    I still don't like it. I really really just want a slightly wider Q10. Not as wide as the passport though. And A dedicated HDMI port for me is one of the unique things blackberry should stop doing.
    I'd really be happy if I could get a Z30 successor that didn't weigh 5 lbs and had more PPI.

Sent from my BB Slider using Tapatalk.
    06-30-2014 08:41 PM
    I'd really be happy if I could get a Z30 successor that didn't weigh 5 lbs and had more PPI.

Right? It feels like it's Made of lead, mercury and some glass. 5" phones should have 1080 resolution whilst Z10 calibre phones can do with 720 or in the iPhones case sub 720 works just fine.
    06-30-2014 09:15 PM

I heard there's going to be that Flagship Windermere coming.
    06-30-2014 11:56 PM
    I heard there's going to be that Flagship Windermere coming.
    I thought the Windermere was the passport
    07-01-2014 12:01 AM
    I thought the Windermere was the passport
    There's going to be a flagship touchscreen only device, right? Not sure what's the device codename for that.
    07-01-2014 12:03 AM
    Some of the features in the Passport (namely the keyboard) interest me, though not so much the device itself. I'd take a 4.5" to 5" full touchscreen phone over the Passport (or something like a Note). For me, that size/form factor offers the best compromise as far as my every day usage while maintaining a decent in hand and in pocket feel. That said, I'm sure some will love it.
    07-01-2014 01:47 AM
    There's going to be a flagship touchscreen only device, right? Not sure what's the device codename for that.
    There is a rumoured Z50 that is supposed to come at the end of the year. However nothing has leaked about it.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-01-2014 03:24 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced Apple users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring.
    donemt likes this.
    07-01-2014 03:36 AM
    I'm possibly getting this phone tho. Will miss the one handed use of my z10 but I think I'm ready to go back to a physical keyboard. If it's too big might do the Classic instead.

Posted via iMore App on my z10
    07-01-2014 04:03 AM
    Yes Manitoba that turned out to be the z3 lte. Low spec device.
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-01-2014 04:16 AM
    There is a rumoured Z50 that is supposed to come at the end of the year. However nothing has leaked about it.

It doesn't exist.
    The supply chain doesn't lie.
    07-01-2014 04:17 AM

The passport comes in at about 40 grams heavier than a z30, I seriously doubt it.
    Wasn't that one of your primary complaints with the z30's, the weight and the sub par display.

Interestingly enough the passport weighs 100 grams less than an iPad mini.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
    Last edited by FFR; 07-01-2014 at 06:23 AM.
    07-01-2014 04:27 AM

I hope so. Nothing beats bb10 in the virtual keyboard front. It be a shame for BlackBerry to get rid of it.
    07-01-2014 04:33 AM

And you don't wanna mention the rumored 5 inch plus iPhone, because that really throws the crank into the cogs real good.
    FFR likes this.
    07-01-2014 04:52 AM
    And you don't wanna mention the rumored 5 inch plus iPhone, because that really throws the crank into the cogs real good.
    I think for me, my Z30 was already just a tad too big. Being big, heavy, and with a low PPI... It was such an awkward device for me. I really loved my Z10 but ever since it took itself out of commission, I've tried to figure out where I'm going with BlackBerry.

My Note 3 is way too big. I think if I had to use it as an actual phone and not a tablet, I'd probably break it or at the least drop it a few times.

I've bought a Torch to tide over my boredom. It wasn't expensive and I'm kinda happy to be using themes again....

I really hope that Z50 of rumors... becomes a reality.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    07-01-2014 07:46 AM
    I think for me, my Z30 was already just a tad too big. Being big, heavy, and with a low PPI... It was such an awkward device for me. I really loved my Z10 but ever since it took itself out of commission, I've tried to figure out where I'm going with BlackBerry.

My Note 3 is way too big. I think if I had to use it as an actual phone and not a tablet, I'd probably break it or at the least drop it a few times.

I've bought a Torch to tide over my boredom. It wasn't expensive and I'm kinda happy to be using themes again....

I really hope that Z50 of rumors... becomes a reality.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Fat chance.
    Hypothetically speaking:
    The Classic was announced in February and launches in November, or 9 months from announcement to launch.
    The Windermere or q30 was first rumored around november 13 and will launch September '14, or 10 months.
    The z50 or Ontario was CANCELLED, I know this for a fact, it was announced at the same time as the q30 Windermere, it was replaced by the Manitoba or z3.

Just to reiterate, if john Chen decided today to go ahead with a z50, the earliest it could launch would be 9-10 months from now.
    Which would make it may 2015, the z3 launched in May '14.

Now that that's out of the way, back to the blackberry Quasimodo, can't be used with only one hunchb.... I mean hand. .
    Coachbulldog and Speedygi like this.
    07-01-2014 03:26 PM
    My current phone is a Blackberry Q10 and I absolutely adore it. I do think that the Passport physical proportions make it awkward to hold and operate, and when I upgrade, it will probably be to a Classic.
    ... Unless Apple comes up with an iPhone that will turn my knees to jello, lol.
    But so far, there is not one think I do not like about the Q10, and as such, I will probably go play with the Passport when it's released, out of curiosity.
    I'm not much for huge phones though: The Note 3 was fun while it lasted but it was a bit of a pain to deal with at times, in terms of portability.
    Plus if I really want more screen we'll... Thats what I got my iPad for, so the Passport holds very little appeal for me at the moment.
    Chrisy likes this.
    07-03-2014 09:00 PM
    I viewed a few hands-on videos of the Blackberry Passport and the more I look at it the more I like it. I will definitely look at it in person when it is released.
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-11-2014 03:00 PM
    I viewed a few hands-on videos of the Blackberry Passport and the more I look at it the more I like it. I will definitely look at it in person when it is released.
    OMG you're leaving us??? WHY D WHY?
    07-11-2014 03:03 PM
    OMG you're leaving us??? WHY D WHY?
    (Laughing)...please call Dr. Somebody and get yourself treated......You know I'm not leaving the iPhone anytime soon...
    07-11-2014 03:04 PM
    (Laughing)...please call Dr. Somebody and get yourself treated......You know I'm not leaving the iPhone anytime soon...
    Good, last thing I want to do is track you down, kidnap you and force feed you iPhones until you come back to us lol.
    Just_Me_D and lui22 like this.
    07-11-2014 03:09 PM
    I left bb for the 1638295728 time to come back to the iPhone (5s currently) and was going to stick with it until the 6 came out. My goal is was to pick up the 6 and be done with changing phones (which I can admit I have a problem) often. Buuuut seeing the passport has me interested. So I must choose wisely because I told myself what ever phone I get I will and must stick with for two years(which I have NEVER done)
    07-12-2014 10:30 PM
    If the keyboard is good I may consider it too...I came from Blackberry a year ago but really hope they can at least get some decent products in...

I don't mind the weird screen size at all.
    07-14-2014 11:18 PM
317 ... 23456 ...