Last I read, the phone seems to be suffering from a bit of a QA problem. Seems the screen is lifting off the frame because they're using double sided tape to hold the screen to the frame. That as well as the corner of the screen cracking.
    Hhhhmmmm..... Before spouting forth about people bending iPhones, check on the sticky tape holding the Passport together.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.
    10-23-2014 02:01 PM
    Last I read, the phone seems to be suffering from a bit of a QA problem. Seems the screen is lifting off the frame because they're using double sided tape to hold the screen to the frame. That as well as the corner of the screen cracking.
    Hhhhmmmm..... Before spouting forth about people bending iPhones, check on the sticky tape holding the Passport together.

BB users who live in glass houses #bwahahaha
    10-23-2014 02:07 PM
    BB users who live in glass houses #bwahahaha

10-23-2014 02:18 PM
    I love bb I have a Q10 the hub is amazing but the improvements Apple has recently made to email and everything else are amazing. It's almost as easy as using hub now I was never a big apple fan either
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-23-2014 02:25 PM

I just ventured to the cesspool to check out those reports, and WOW. I don't know what's worse...the defects and terrible materials that caused them, the zealots viciously assaulting the folks with busted phones, or the utterly terrible tech support that the folks are receiving from the manufacturer. What a disgrace on all accounts.
    10-23-2014 03:02 PM
    Rats on a sinking ship.
    10-23-2014 04:08 PM
    But... But... Productivity! This isn't some toy to play games on like all your silly phones! It's a serious business phone! So serious! You just can't fathom how serious it is! This phone will turn you in to a jet setting high powered executive overnight! and it is built like a tank! Not some floppy bendy phone! You're just mad at all the innovation! It has a physical keyboard! That's innovation! and a square screen! SQUARE! Say it with me now: IN•NO•VA•TION. No phone has ever had a physical keyboard and square touchscreen before! Well... Except the Q10... But it's so wide! You see more than you ever could on your silly narrow phones like the Note 4! I mean, unless you rotate your phone in to landscape... But that's neither here nor there... WIDE! That's innovation! It's so awesome! It piggybacks apps off another platforms App Store! That's INNOVATION!

Owning the BlackBerry Passport is basically like this:

disclaimer: I don't even really think the Passport is that bad of a device. The extremist fans just make it so easy to poke fun at.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 10-23-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    10-23-2014 05:26 PM
    But... But... Productivity! This isn't some toy to play games on like all your silly phones! It's a serious business phone! So serious! You just can't fathom how serious it is! This phone will turn you in to a jet setting high powered executive overnight! and it is built like a tank! Not some floppy bendy phone! You're just mad all all the innovation! It has a physical keyboard! That's innovation! and a square screen! SQUARE! Say it with me now: INNOVATION. No phone has ever had a physical keyboard and square touchscreen before! Well... Except the Q10... But it's so wide! You see more than you ever could on your silly narrow phones like the Note 4! I mean, unless you rotate your phone in to landscape... But that's neither here nor there... WIDE! That's innovation! It's so awesome! It piggybacks apps off another platforms App Store! That's INNOVATION!

Owning the BlackBerry Passport is basically like this:

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post...an-1100667.gif

disclaimer:I don't even really think the Passport is that bad of a device. The extremist fans just make it so easy to poke fun at.
    LOL great post!
    I might add: it's built with duct tape! That's is innovation right there my friends! DACT TAPE!
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 10-23-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-23-2014 05:44 PM
    I never understood why truly innovative products never catch on?Apple User Thoughts On BlackBerry Passport-toilet-mug.jpg
    10-23-2014 07:51 PM
    The Passport is so good, all consumers should be happy paying for it twice, at least temporarily.
    Let the device speak for itself with its quality...
    10-23-2014 08:00 PM
    Well right now it appears that BlackBerry won't resolve the lifting screen issue for someone who just spent 700 bucks for their "flagship" device.
    So the Passport, the flagship device, is falling apart and BlackBerry will do nothing.
    Brilliant.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-24-2014 02:30 PM
    Well right now it appears that BlackBerry won't resolve the lifting screen issue for someone who just spent 700 bucks for their "flagship" device.
    So the Passport, the flagship device, is falling apart and BlackBerry will do nothing.
    Brilliant.

Gee, Lil, I can’t imagine why the company is floundering.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-24-2014 05:15 PM
    Gee, Lil, I cant imagine why the company is floundering.
    It's Apple's fault.

10-24-2014 08:31 PM
    Brilliant.

It depends on whether the device still lies within the warranty window... But I'm thinking it will need some sort of replacement or repair cost in any case.
    10-24-2014 08:52 PM
    I don't think BB has the money to replace defective phones LOL. I make more every week than BB made last year
    10-24-2014 09:31 PM
    I don't think BB has the money to replace defective phones LOL. I make more every week than BB made last year
    Now now I know you make more money, but what about laying off the poor company for a sec?
    10-24-2014 09:36 PM
    Now now I know you make more money, but what about laying off the poor company for a sec?
    Gotta have some fun, ya know?
    10-24-2014 09:37 PM
    Gotta have some fun, ya know?
    I think we should turn our attention to Palm or something haha
    10-24-2014 09:38 PM
    I think we should turn our attention to Palm or something haha
    Aren't they deader than blackberry?
    10-24-2014 09:39 PM
    Aren't they deader than blackberry?
    Haha haha isn't that the point?
    10-24-2014 09:39 PM
    Haha haha isn't that the point?
    Blackberry is kinda like the 95% dead mouse that the cat likes to play with lol
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-24-2014 09:41 PM
    Blackberry is kinda like the 95% dead mouse that the cat likes to play with lol
    Or the kid that everyone at school gives crap...?
    10-24-2014 09:43 PM
    Yeah, they give that kid crap because he can't perform lol. The poor kid is ugly, bad at sports, has failing grades, the girls don't like him*, and he dresses like a nerd.

*the girls really don't like him:
    http://bgr.com/2014/10/23/blackberry...best-features/
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-24-2014 09:50 PM
    Only because that kid runs around spitting in everyone's faces. They deserve it.
    10-24-2014 09:50 PM
    I just ventured to the cesspool to check out those reports, and WOW. I don't know what's worse...the defects and terrible materials that caused them, the zealots viciously assaulting the folks with busted phones, or the utterly terrible tech support that the folks are receiving from the manufacturer. What a disgrace on all accounts.
    Just got done reading through that whole thread...

jdhooghe likes this.
    10-24-2014 11:50 PM
317 ... 910111213