Apple's Marketing

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently read this: "Marketing has been one of Apple?s greatest strengths since the days of Jobs and the revered 1984 ad, but pressure from Samsung and others has caused Apple?s Marketing Chief Phil Schiller to question the company?s direction and reliance on outside agencies at the risk of alienating them in the process."

Going forward, what do you think of Apple's marketing strategy? What could or should they do different?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I never thought Apple's marketing was ever bad, pre-in-house or post-in-house, they were never ever really bad in the same sense as HP or Palm was back in the day. That said, I think Apple's marketing is going to pick up if the team is in the same building as the device guys, lots of back and forth communication could help the marketing.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see Apple make their commercials more humorous. I think this is where Samsung is killing them. Apple usually goes for the profound, artsy ads. They are nice, but I like the humor of Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Apples strategy always entailed happy people. Everybody is always smiling in their commercials making people think that using the products will make you happier. That has always worked for them. Samsung has been going on a bashing kick which I find unprofessional personally. If you have to bash something to sell another then your products aren't doing what people want. I own both am iPhone and a note3 and I see benefits to both of them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though Apple's marketing campaign has slowed down of late, I think they have/had one of the best approaches for gaining the interest of consumers from all walks of life over the past few years. I would say their marketing is one of the main reasons for such a successful business in the smartphone industry, not to mention a VERY GOOD product (iPhone, iPad)) as well. Keeping in mind that the world is forever changing and evolving. It might be just about the right time for Apple to do something impressive and different to continue gaining the interest of consumers.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple are more vulnerable to making some dreadful mistake that drives people away, rather than suffering from lack of attention. They should look at whatever Sony were doing and try not to replicate it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple are more vulnerable to making some dreadful mistake that drives people away, rather than suffering from lack of attention. They should look at whatever Sony were doing and try not to replicate it.

A 'BBFunGuy' should be an expert on 'dreadful mistakes'. Talk about a crash and burn experience.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think they've lost some focus with marketing in recent years especially with releasing many products during the fall.

WWDC captures a lot of what they should focus on though. Ecosystem. Continuity. Along with bigger screened phones and other things, they've made marketing's job a lot easier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner