Is Samsung Trying To Follow Apple's Path?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many of those Samsung fans are die hard Android fans...this will definitely shake things up!!! Gotta love competition & options!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Android purists who happen to like Samsung's design (which is beyond me to be honest) might jump ship fast.

Last edited:

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If this happened I'd love to see the sales numbers for the first Tizen halo device. There would no doubt be a drop off but how much of one would be interesting. This would also be an interesting experiment in brute force development. Just because Samsung's install base is so large they have an immediate advantage in getting developer's attention, but that by itself isn't a compelling reason to make an ecosystem around Tizen.

Additionally it is a great test of marketing. The answer to, "Why skin Android" has always been about creating an experience that users will want to come back to and not just be a manufacturer for Google. Take Google out of the equation and how many devices do you sell?

But I don't think it will be as drastic as the Forbes article suggests. Google and Android are a strong brand now and taking them out of the the next S phone (not a Galaxy if there is no Android) would just lead to a strong backlash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Who's path??....If I'm not mistaken, there were others before Apple that had their own operating system.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has a pretty good software suite. On Android it tends to be an also ran but none of the apps are bad. If Samsung can translate that software to Tizen, they'll have most of the essentials in place. It will be awful hard to build a new mobile os up with competition from Android and iOS. Even Microsoft and Blackberry struggle from the "no apps" perception and they've been players for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2