The more I think about it, the more excited I get...

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not the kind of person to fanboy, certainly not over Apple products but the more I think about iOS finally getting a usable keyboard the more excited I get. For several generations, that has been my biggest deterrent. It's been what made me seek other options. Now, I might actually try to use iOS asa daily driver. I hope a lot of those keyboard plugins are available on launch.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching to Swiftkey. It was my favorite keyboard during my dark days of Android. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not the kind of person to fanboy, certainly not over Apple products but the more I think about iOS finally getting a usable keyboard the more excited I get. For several generations, that has been my biggest deterrent. It's been what made me seek other options. Now, I might actually try to use iOS asa daily driver. I hope a lot of those keyboard plugins are available on launch.

I'm glad you're excited about iOS 8, and I hope you enjoy using it on a new iPhone soon. Good luck...:)

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching to Swiftkey. It was my favorite keyboard during my dark days of Android.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I also like SwiftKey. I hope they allow people who already bought it for Android to download it for free. That would be really awesome!

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I also like SwiftKey. I hope they allow people who already bought it for Android to download it for free. That would be really awesome!

Highly unlikely though. That'd negate a lot of revenue that went towards Google instead and that's not Apple's way. Still waiting on device announcement because without at least a 5 inch screen, I'm not buying.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I like the keyboard on iOS. But Swiftkey is better. Hopefully when I install Swiftkey on my iPhone it will already have all my typing history from Android.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Highly unlikely though. That'd negate a lot of revenue that went towards Google instead and that's not Apple's way. Still waiting on device announcement because without at least a 5 inch screen, I'm not buying.

It will be worth the $2.99 to buy it again on iOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the SwiftKey Note app for some longer notes and emails. I love SwiftKey. It makes typing a breeze on my iPhone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the keyboard on iOS. But Swiftkey is better. Hopefully when I install Swiftkey on my iPhone it will already have all my typing history from Android.

For many years the iOS keyboard has kept me away from the OS as a whole... Absolute worst I've used :/