I've been using the VZW messenger app for android for a long time, and it's superior to the crappy hangouts app on android. I just watched the WWDC and the part about the new iMessage seemed oddly... familiar.

Check it out
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veri...mUvbUpU2265895

The photos are arranged the exact same way, location sharing is the same, it sends via SMS or over WiFi the same... everything.

And I love it. If the iPhone 6 really does come in 4.7 inches, I'm back on iPhone. I wasn't sold, but look at what android users get on iPhone now that they were already used to:
    - the addition of SwiftKey
    - CHEAP storage for photos
    - Siri is always listening
    - bigger screen
    - actionable notifications

Add the new health stuff for healthcare workers, and I can finally get a good stylus from Adonit. I'm sold.
    06-02-2014 05:59 PM
    My fave part is I can see messages from non iOS users on my iPad & my Mac.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-02-2014 06:07 PM
    My fave part is I can see messages from non iOS users on my iPad & my Mac.
    Question for you, how did you get it on your Mac? When I went to Verizon site, clicked on the "Download Desktop App" it was only available for PC. It said the Mac version was coming soon.

By the way, threads like this are why I enjoy iMore. I'd never heard of "Verizon Messages" until I read the original post. I've now installed it on my WiFi iPad and am enjoying using it. Thanks jrsharp70!
    06-05-2014 11:05 AM
    Question for you, how did you get it on your Mac? When I went to Verizon site, clicked on the "Download Desktop App" it was only available for PC. It said the Mac version was coming soon.

By the way, threads like this are why I enjoy iMore. I'd never heard of "Verizon Messages" until I read the original post. I've now installed it on my WiFi iPad and am enjoying using it. Thanks jrsharp70!
    For the Mac you will have to use the web app until the Mac client is available.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-05-2014 11:54 AM