05-27-2014 02:18 PM
    05-27-2014 03:30 PM
    This was what made me decide to never use an iOS device as a daily driver again. I might consider going back and forth with my 5S but now it's sitting in a junk drawer because Apple chose to over complicate things.
    05-27-2014 04:49 PM
    This was what made me decide to never use an iOS device as a daily driver again. I might consider going back and forth with my 5S but now it's sitting in a junk drawer because Apple chose to over complicate things.
    How exactly do you sign out of iMessage when you go to use another phone?

I was switching plenty between a 5S and Note 3 on a daily basis for a good month. I wouldn't just toggle iMessage off. I would actually go into the Send & Receive menu, sign my apple id out of iMessage, and then, and only then, toggle off iMessage. I literally had ZERO problems sending and receiving SMS on my Note 3.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-27-2014 05:43 PM
    I did the same thing, because of reading of the issue in various places, and never had a problem.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-27-2014 11:32 PM
    How exactly do you sign out of iMessage when you go to use another phone?

I was switching plenty between a 5S and Note 3 on a daily basis for a good month. I wouldn't just toggle iMessage off. I would actually go into the Send & Receive menu, sign my apple id out of iMessage, and then, and only then, toggle off iMessage. I literally had ZERO problems sending and receiving SMS on my Note 3.
    This is pretty much how you have to do it. The issue for most is they switch and didn't know to do this is all.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-28-2014 01:48 PM
    Maybe it's me, but I understood from the beginning that iMessage was an Apple feature only available on Apple products, and if I were to start using a non-Apple smartphone, I would not expect any iMessages to be transferable to it. Having said that, I do think it is messed up for people to have to deal with their phone numbers being tied to iMessage after they've changed devices.
    05-28-2014 02:26 PM
    Maybe it's me, but I understood from the beginning that iMessage was an Apple feature only available on Apple products, and if I were to start using a non-Apple smartphone, I would not expect any iMessages to be transferable to it. Having said that, I do think it is messed up for people to have to deal with their phone numbers being tied to iMessage after they've changed devices.
    It isn't that. People weren't expecting it to work on Android.. They were merely switching and forgetting to disable iMessage so they couldn't text people once on iPhone since Apple's servers took over their number for iPhone users and kept trying to send it via iMessage.

05-28-2014 02:44 PM
    It isn't that. People weren't expecting it to work on Android.. They were merely switching and forgetting to disable iMessage so they couldn't text people once on iPhone since Apple's servers took over their number for iPhone users and kept trying to send it via iMessage.

I understand. Thanks...
    05-28-2014 02:45 PM