Disregard all details..? Gee...I would too if I had made your ridiculous statements. You have no argument,nor substance in your,silly rumination about Samsung winning anything.

Your price comparisons are not fully showing what a person actually gets with each.

Tell me,what brick & mortar store can you take any Samsung product into and have well trained staff assist you in setting it up properly and continue giving you support and training on?

How many Samsung devices are routinely given timely updates to after 1 product cycle then dropped after 2.

This support after the sale is factored into the Apple ecosystem and Samsung can not begin to comprehend this.

You point out cost differences as to show what I meant as to cheap..I suspect you don't know the difference between cheap and chintzy or why quality always cost more up front with Apple..typical Android brainwashed response.

You best go back and try to learn a little before opening your mouth again because you are woefully ignorant of many real facts.I can say this,because I was just like you not too long ago....

Let's talk quality for a while...

What Samsung phone do you believe is of the same or better build quality as a. IPhone?

The simple answer is none are. Sure they may look better to you,but quality goes further than skin deep. Now HTC build quality is even better than Samsung's,but we aren't discussing them.Heck...my Nokia is better built than either of those,but again,that's for a different time too..

Samsung builds a cheaply assembled product without a care in the world for quality,why,simply because they can replace them easier than to build them to a higher standard. There getting to a point where their entire phone line is disposable

Yes..please disregard my comments,because you bring no substance to posts.

Mac
    06-03-2014 02:02 PM
    Disregard all details..? Gee...I would too if I had made your ridiculous statements. You have no argument,nor substance in your,silly rumination about Samsung winning anything.

Your price comparisons are not fully showing what a person actually gets with each.

Tell me,what brick & mortar store can you take any Samsung product into and have well trained staff assist you in setting it up properly and continue giving you support and training on?

How many Samsung devices are routinely given timely updates to after 1 product cycle then dropped after 2.

This support after the sale is factored into the Apple ecosystem and Samsung can not begin to comprehend this.

You point out cost differences as to show what I meant as to cheap..I suspect you don't know the difference between cheap and chintzy or why quality always cost more up front with Apple..typical Android brainwashed response.

You best go back and try to learn a little before opening your mouth again because you are woefully ignorant of many real facts.I can say this,because I was just like you not too long ago....

Let's talk quality for a while...

What Samsung phone do you believe is of the same or better build quality as a. IPhone?

The simple answer is none are. Sure they may look better to you,but quality goes further than skin deep. Now HTC build quality is even better than Samsung's,but we aren't discussing them.Heck...my Nokia is better built than either of those,but again,that's for a different time too..

Samsung builds a cheaply assembled product without a care in the world for quality,why,simply because they can replace them easier than to build them to a higher standard. There getting to a point where their entire phone line is disposable

Yes..please disregard my comments,because you bring no substance to posts.

Mac
    Thanks for your decent reply!

I did not mean to disregard or ignore your post or comments, I meant not to enter in a deeply detailed discussion and argument because if i will comment on your post it will take pages, just wanted to highlight that samsung devices are more expensive than their opponent apple devices, this is the end result two figures (i meant disregarding the many things on the top of my head i want to mention) sorry for this misunderstanding which might be caused by myself.

Yes apple material and manufacturing quality is much higher, but samsung offer much more features and a flexible operating system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by seawhale; 06-03-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add
    06-03-2014 02:15 PM
    Thanks for your decent reply!

I did not mean to disregard or ignore your post or comments, I meant not to enter in a deeply detailed discussion and argument because if i will comment on your post it will take pages, just wanted to highlight that samsung devices are more expensive than their opponent apple devices, this is the end result two figures (i meant disregarding the many things on the top of my head i want to mention) sorry for this misunderstanding which might be caused by myself.

Yes apple material and manufacturing quality is much higher, but samsung offer much more features and a flexible operating system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No,in this you're sadly mistaken.

The os Samsung has is not as flexible,it only is if you root it. It is chocked full of useless bloat ware which cannot be removed unless you root it. Also it like IOS is basically locked down and since they have started installing e-fuses and Knox have pretty much eliminated the average person to change them. If not for the folks at xda and cydia neither would be changed.

Android on Samsung is a real hit or miss proposition and is known for more bugs,than anything from Apple. While it's so called flexibility of adding things like 3rd party keyboards and such may appeal to you,you are still at the mercy of the developers to ensure that it works across all carriers which many times it doesn't.
    Once IOS 8 comes out IMHO you will see how it should work for a os.

In the end,believe Samsung is a better value if you want,but when you go to trade in a 2 year old Galaxy,see what the value really is...

Mac
    06-03-2014 03:50 PM
    I love how this guy's calling himself a fan. I'm drinking the Windows Phone kool aid and I'm still a bigger iOS fan than you.
    06-03-2014 05:09 PM
    I love how this guy's calling himself a fan. I'm drinking the Windows Phone kool aid and I'm still a bigger iOS fan than you.
    Him or me?

I've got the 1520 because of the screen real-estate for now anyway. No tablets to stand in or laptops to use that are up to date.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a IOS phone or want one with a bigger screen. The lack of the larger screens is what has kept me using what I have and being detoxed from Google is why I have my Nokia..

Mac
    06-03-2014 05:28 PM
    Him or me?

I've got the 1520 because of the screen real-estate for now anyway. No tablets to stand in or laptops to use that are up to date.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a IOS phone or want one with a bigger screen. The lack of the larger screens is what has kept me using what I have and being detoxed from Google is why I have my Nokia..

Mac
    No, the OP. I'm a Windows Phone fan who likes a lot of aspects of iOS myself. With iOS 8, if they release a bigger screen I might actually consider it though I really don't like the aesthetics of the OS. Windows Phone is just too pretty and... Alive.
    06-03-2014 05:45 PM
    How is this thread still alive? The OP (seawhale) obviously made this to stir up a fight. It should be closed by now!
    06-03-2014 06:33 PM
    How is this thread still alive? The OP (seawhale) obviously made this to stir up a fight. It should be closed by now!
    An explanation can be found in post by Rene Ritchie via the following link:

http://forums.imore.com/ios-apps-gam...ml#post2062366
    06-03-2014 09:40 PM
    Tablets are finnished! They were only good for browsing the internet anyway.

Snowflake.
    06-04-2014 05:33 AM
    The BlackBerry Play tablets are finished! They were only good for browsing the internet anyway.

Snowflake.
    There you go. I fixed it for you.
    Antron, AlexJ92 and Ariel Babalao like this.
    06-04-2014 10:08 AM
    @HankAZ

I'm sure the HP TouchPad fits in there as well

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-04-2014 10:11 AM
    @HankAZ

I'm sure the HP TouchPad fits in there as well

Hold up the Touchpad did a lot of things well it was powerful and the Multitasking made it very productive
    06-04-2014 10:15 AM
    Hold up the Touchpad did a lot of things well it was powerful and the Multitasking made it very productive
    I'm sure it was very productive. A friend of mine told me how he watched a demo of it and how impressed he was by it. Unfortunately it was discontinued, thus...it is finished.

06-04-2014 10:19 AM
    I'm sure it was very productive. A friend of mine told me how he watched a demo of it and how impressed he was by it. Unfortunately it was discontinued, thus...it is finished.

True I might be one of the last people using one
    06-04-2014 10:20 AM
    So Apple has basically removed any pretense they might have had about stealing. Apparently, Stealing is awful when Samsung does it, but magical and innovative when Apple does it.

Great artists steal: The iOS 8 features inspired by Android

Apple has taken the wraps off iOS 8, its newest mobile operating system, at its WWDC keynote. There were lots of new features added to iOS, but any observer familiar with Android saw quite a few things that seem... familiar. That's because many of Apple's announced upgrades were things the Android OS has boasted for years.

Third party keyboards - Apple finally relinquished its grip on the system keyboard, allowing third parties to replace Apple's solution with something of their own. This was another thing Android had with its initial implementation of on-screen typing in Android 1.5.

Hotwords, music recognition, and streaming voice recognition - Google released Voice Actions, Apple released Siri, then Google countered with Google Now. Since then, the two have been compared in countless voice recognition shoot outs.

Google was the first to experiment with hotword detection on Google Glass and again later on in the Google Now Launcher that shipped with the Nexus 5. As long as the device was awake, saying "OK Google" would fire up the voice recognizer without having to touch the device. Now, iOS 8 matches that with "Hey Siri," which you can shout at the device to have it start listening.

Notification Actions - A notification pops up and... what do you do with it? Android has allowed developers to add up to two action buttons to a notification since Android 4.1, which means you can often deal with a notification right from the notification drawer. Now Apple is jumping on the bandwagon with its own version of the feature, and it looks very much like the Android implementation.

Widgets - Widgets have been a mainstay of Android since 1.0, with third parties allowed to get in on the action in 1.5 and above. Android uses a completely customizable desktop with a mix of icons and widgets. Apple's version of the idea is a little more limited—iOS 8 widgets are small app extensions that take up a spot in the Notification Center.

Great artists steal: The iOS 8 features inspired by Android | Ars Technica
    The issue here is not that Apple stole, but that they are such colossal hypocrites. This level of hypocrisy is so highly concentrated that you'd think they would need to take medication for it. I honestly can't see how anyone could defend them at this point...they are doing the exact same thing they accused Samsung of doing.
    06-04-2014 11:43 AM
    So Apple has basically removed any pretense they might have had about stealing. Apparently, Stealing is awful when Samsung does it, but magical and innovative when Apple does it.

The issue here is not that Apple stole, but that they are such colossal hypocrites. This level of hypocrisy is so highly concentrated that you'd think they would need to take medication for it. I honestly can't see how anyone could defend them at this point...they are doing the exact same thing they accused Samsung of doing.
    If you're a technology business owner and a large segment of your customers and potential customers tell you that they'd like to see you implement some of the things that your competitors have implemented, are you telling me that you would not do so? If you did comply with their demand, is it stealing or giving them what they want?
    Antron and pr1nce like this.
    06-04-2014 11:58 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the problem with Samsung is that they were using patented technology from Apple. Like JustMe'D stated if consumers want a feature added that a competitor has I don't see anything wrong with them adding it their way.

Example: Widgets have long been on android and though Apple is adding it to iOS, it's done in a different way than on android.

Just my thoughts

06-04-2014 12:28 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the problem with Samsung is that they were using patented technology from Apple. Like JustMe'D stated if consumers want a feature added that a competitor has I don't see anything wrong with them adding it their way.

Example: Widgets have long been on android and though Apple is adding it to iOS, it's done in a different way than on android.

Just my thoughts

Very much on spot, sir. As far as “widgets” go, they’ve been around for many years on many platforms. Windows had ’em. OS X had ’em. Mobile platforms have had ’em. They are not patentable. Perhaps the implementation of them is/could be, but the concept of widgets, in and of themselves, are not.

Apple sued Samsung because of patent infringements. BTW, the “rectangular phone with rounded corners” was patented by Apple, so yeah, there’s that.

And here’s an interesting article on the whole thing from an Android fanboy:

New iOS 8 Features That Android Actually Needs to Adopt | Droid Life
    Antron likes this.
    06-04-2014 12:45 PM
    And heres an interesting article on the whole thing from an Android fanboy:

Nice! Added that one to Instapaper

06-04-2014 12:51 PM
    If you're a technology business owner and a large segment of your customers and potential customers tell you that they'd like to see you implement some of the things that your competitors have implemented, are you telling me that you would not do so?
    Oh of course I would. In fact, I'd have done it a lot sooner. It's not like this is new...Apple users have been asking for Widgets since forever.

But...

1) Apple has filed MANY high profile lawsuits complaining about copying.

2) Apple (and it's users) have been critical of these features in the past. They said widgets are pointless and battery wasting. They said the same thing about live wallpaper (introduced in iOS7). They basically said that all these features are things they didn't want anyway, which is why they didn't care that Android had them.

So my point is that Apple is being a little hypocritical here.

If you did comply with their demand, is it stealing or giving them what they want?
    It's both.

I don't have a problem with Apple "stealing"....I never considered this sort of thing stealing to begin with. But they are being hypocrites. It is like a thief complaining he is being robbed. This is clear evidence that Apple lawsuits were not about preventing theft (since Apple clearly has no problem with theft) but with depleting their competition instead. They were competing in the courtroom instead of the market.
    06-04-2014 05:06 PM
    And here’s an interesting article on the whole thing from an Android fanboy:

The moment those things appear on Android you will see an Apple lawsuit. Copying is only OK when Apple does it.
    06-04-2014 05:08 PM
    Very much on spot, sir. As far as “widgets” go, they’ve been around for many years on many platforms. Windows had ’em. OS X had ’em. Mobile platforms have had ’em. They are not patentable. Perhaps the implementation of them is/could be, but the concept of widgets, in and of themselves, are not.

Apple sued Samsung because of patent infringements. BTW, the “rectangular phone with rounded corners” was patented by Apple, so yeah, there’s that.
    Exactly...Stealing is only bad when you're stealing from Apple. When Apple does it, we're supposed to turn a blind eye. Or even applaud it like Apple people are doing now.

No one ever made the argument that Widgets should be patentable, or that iOS should not have them. Google is not the one going around suing everyone for "stealing" ideas they didn't even invent. Apple is the one doing that.
    06-04-2014 05:14 PM
    Exactly...Stealing is only bad when you're stealing from Apple. When Apple does it, we're supposed to turn a blind eye. Or even applaud it like Apple people are doing now.

No one ever made the argument that Widgets should be patentable, or that iOS should not have them. Google is not the one going around suing everyone for "stealing" ideas they didn't even invent. Apple is the one doing that.
    Then the proper parties, who are the only ones who should be offended, should sue Apple. Plain and simple.
    06-04-2014 05:21 PM
    Apple will not stand anymore in Front of Android / samsung-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1401918019.052795.jpg

Apples products came first, then Samsungs.

(Couldn't help myself lol)

06-04-2014 05:40 PM
    Then the proper parties, who are the only ones who should be offended, should sue Apple. Plain and simple.
    Maybe...but I think it is unreasonable to expect people not to criticize Apple for this behavior. And I think it still makes them hypocrites...whether or not the other parties sue them back.

There is a cognitive dissonance in the Apple community where their fans will excuse behavior from Apple that they would criticize if it was anyone else.
    06-04-2014 05:41 PM
123 12345